• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Mongoose 27.5 in Men Seeker Mountain Bike, Grey Orange - $99.99 at ebay.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Mongoose 27.5 in Men Seeker Mountain Bike, Grey Orange -
$99.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mongoose-27-5-in-Men-Seeker-Mountain-Bike-Grey-Orange-/122100596636

Madison_Sporting_Goods (via eBay) has the Mongoose Seek'r 27.5-in. Men's Mountain Bike on sale for $99.99 with free shipping. 
  • Front suspension fork smoothes out the bumps
  • Twist shifters change gears easily
  • 21 speeds with Shimano rear derailleur for all types of riding
  • Front and rear disc brakes provide all-condition braking
  • Platform pedals on Mongoose mountain bike are durable
  • Alloy rims for lightweight durability

Amazon currently has it for $298.99.
This is $35 cheaper than the last time it was mentioned in the forums

Member Summary

Mongoose 27.5 in Men Seeker Mountain Bike, Grey Orange
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how shitty of a bike is this for someone who just takes occasional strolls with the family on paved trails/sidewalks/streets?

presently i am still using a Schwinn from when I was like 13 years old (26 years old)

This is a great bargain for light duty use.  The parts are very low end, but everything appears to be easily repairable and replaceable.  With only an 18" frame available, you should be about 5'8" to 5'11" for this to fit.

ionizer said:   how shitty of a bike is this for someone who just takes occasional strolls with the family on paved trails/sidewalks/streets?

presently i am still using a Schwinn from when I was like 13 years old (26 years old)

It'll be perfectly fine and you won't need anything better.

Remember though that to have a top-performing bike you need to do tune up and maintenance once every few hundred miles. When people buy a cheap bike, they feel like it's not worth it to do tune-up and maintenance or to pay a shop $70 to do it. As a result, the bike starts to get worse and worse. The key is to remember that manufacturing a bike has gotten very cheap over the past decades, but you still have to spend time or money on service (as you would with a car or motorcycle).  

Given the cost for them to ship this, one has to wonder...

mercury168 said:   This is a great bargain for light duty use.  The parts are very low end, but everything appears to be easily repairable and replaceable.  With only an 18" frame available, you should be about 5'8" to 5'11" for this to fit.
  what if i am 5'11 and 1/2 (or 6ft as i tell people)...seriously

Mongoose 27 5 in Men Seeker Mountain Bike Grey Orange | eBay
Disclaimer

heavensae said:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/201663096010? 

$15.00 F/S

What I have learned from eBay deals like this. If it seems to good to be true, it most likely is.  

It looks like this is a discontinued model and MSG scooped up a bunch. It was selling for around $200 when Wally/Sears carried it. Great deal for $100 shipped.

Ionizer: for your purposes, you'd be better off without the suspension fork, which will only add needless weight and be another part to break. Consider also single-speed bikes, which eliminate a lot of maintenance problems, if the terrain you ride is flat-ish. When you're going cheap, the fewer parts that can break the better!

That said, this is certainly a cheap bike, and will probably work fine with a little care.

Good bike for easy use. Just dont expect it to do good when you go off road. Better yet. Dont go off road.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017