NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (R6100-100NAS) $24.99 at staples.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (R6100-100NAS) | StaplesŪ $24.99 at staples.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (R6100-100NAS)
$24.99
http://www.staples.com/NETGEAR-AC1200-Dual-Band-Wi-Fi-Router-R6100-100NAS/product_71445? 

Buy NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (R6100-100NAS) at Staples? low price, or read customer reviews to learn more.

Member Summary
10/100, not 10/100/1000.

USB2, not USB3.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dual band! Great if you have lots of devices and a Microwave Oven that is "noisy". Iphones can run on the second 5Ghz Band!

Wired ports are 10/100, not 10/100/1000. This is very outdated. If you have a wired home network in addition to wireless, you want gigabit. The USB2 port also limits drive speed. Next model up, the 6200, which is not on sale, would be much better.

EradicateSpam said:   Wired ports are 10/100, not 10/100/1000. This is very outdated. If you have a wired home network in addition to wireless, you want gigabit. The USB2 port also limits drive speed. Next model up, the 6200, which is not on sale, would be much better.
  I am a service technician for an ISP. You would not believe how often I get called out for "slow internet speed" trouble calls, because no matter what the customer does they can never get speed test results above 85MB down or so, when they are paying for over 100, and find out they are using devices that have 10/100 ethernet. Yep, it sure does make a difference.

ETA: This is still a very good deal on a great router, you just have to understand the limitation of the 10/100 ports, if you whatever you are doing works well at 85MB down, or don't have internet that fast anyway, then this is a really hot deal. If you demand faster, then this may not be for you.

Couldn't find it in the description... can this be used as a repeater?
May be an overkill but at this price point who cares. 
Thank you

Can this work as a repeater or wireless bridge?

Yes the router supports both according to the manual attached on the site.

Yes this model may be used as a repeater or wireless bridge.

I have one , the lack of external antenna's does lower the range a bit.

At $25 it's a steal.

spdracer5g said:   
EradicateSpam said:   Wired ports are 10/100, not 10/100/1000. This is very outdated. If you have a wired home network in addition to wireless, you want gigabit. The USB2 port also limits drive speed. Next model up, the 6200, which is not on sale, would be much better.
  I am a service technician for an ISP. You would not believe how often I get called out for "slow internet speed" trouble calls, because no matter what the customer does they can never get speed test results above 85MB down or so, when they are paying for over 100, and find out they are using devices that have 10/100 ethernet. Yep, it sure does make a difference.

ETA: This is still a very good deal on a great router, you just have to understand the limitation of the 10/100 ports, if you whatever you are doing works well at 85MB down, or don't have internet that fast anyway, then this is a really hot deal. If you demand faster, then this may not be for you.

Very informative post. Thank you. I would love to know what your recommendation might be for a router as I am in the market for a good one. I am willing to spend what it takes in this case.

I was just looking at the router details for some time, and Staples website gave additional discount, if I buy the router in that session, within 20 minutes, for $20.50. However, when I added to cart, it showed $24.99 + taxes, and not the discounted price. I tried a couple of times and it continued to show the price as in OP. Eventually, ordered one. Lots of mixed reviews. Hoping it works out.

jfgary said:   
spdracer5g said:   

Very informative post. Thank you. I would love to know what your recommendation might be for a router as I am in the market for a good one. I am willing to spend what it takes in this case.

Yes, that was an informative post.  Made me look up what I have (it's 10/100) so this will actually  not be an upgrade for me.  I need to look for a 10/100/1000.

Thanks.

+1 to OP for good deal though!

Xnarg1 said:   
jfgary said:   
spdracer5g said:   

Yes, that was an informative post.  Made me look up what I have (it's 10/100) so this will actually  not be an upgrade for me.  I need to look for a 10/100/1000.

Thanks.

+1 to OP for good deal though!

These are informative posts.  But having a 10/100/1000 port isn't sufficient to guarantee the router won't bottleneck you.  The router also has to have a capable processor, memory, etc. to handle the WAN->LAN routing (and vice-versa) at higher speeds. 

Take a look at the routing charts at smallnetbuilder for more:  http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/router/bar/74-wan-to...

dead? showing at 59.99

afripino said:   dead? showing at 59.99
  Undead.  Back to $24.99.

HI

just this weekend I purchased a Asus rt ac1200 router for 49.99 Would the Netgear be a better router?

Thanks

zack

zacksmith said:   HI

just this weekend I purchased a Asus rt ac1200 router for 49.99 Would the Netgear be a better router?

Thanks

zack

What's the exact model number printed on the bottom?

mgr613 said:   
zacksmith said:   HI

Thanks

zack

What's the exact model number printed on the bottom?

That' is the model # rt-ac 1200

any router below $50 seems to be a POS and/or is outdated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017