The IT Crowd Complete Series Bundle $20.99 at vudu.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Member Summary

TheITCrowd
Thanks Xenocrates
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Too bad this incredibly funny British comedy series isn't still on. I watch re-runs every now and again to get a good laugh.

Kaadamson said:   Too bad this incredibly funny British comedy series isn't still on. I watch re-runs every now and again to get a good laugh.
  Don't worry after Big Bang Theory goes away they will probably remake this in the US market.

It's been sold to the US market twice, once with Moss reprising his role, but in neither case did it make it to air.  One version did have a horrible pilot that took jokes from one series and put them all into one poorly executed episode.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

akmarkwell78 said:   Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
  If the link or deal doesn't work - try restarting your PC

holycrap said:   It's been sold to the US market twice, once with Moss reprising his role, but in neither case did it make it to air.  One version did have a horrible pilot that took jokes from one series and put them all into one poorly executed episode.
  It always amazes me how hilariously funny British sitcoms are rarely re-made well in the US.  The Office is a rarity.  Coupling and Red Dwarf are two more examples of hilarious British sitcoms that failed here.  Heck, Red Dwarf even had some bigger names (Terry Farrell from DS9 and Craig Bierko, in addition to the original Kryten), and the pilot wasn't picked up.  I think they even shot 2 different pilots, IIRC.  Men Behaving Badly tried to be successful here, and failed after 2 seasons, despite a long UK run.  I'm sure there are many more examples...

What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early? 

I'm still waiting for a good deal on a new tnetennba.

russ0519 said:   
  What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early? 

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in!

You can see the US pilot on dailymotion.com -- they basically took the British pilot and re-made it step by step with new actors in every spot except Moss. As others commented, it just doesn't seem as funny even if its basically the same jokes.

But the original series is quite funny - to some people. It used to be available on Netflix for streaming, now its apparently on Hulu, for those who want to legitimately check out an episode to see if its for them. I really like the show, but others I've shown it to don't, either for a combination of the British style of humor or just the subject matter being not as hilarious for someone not working in IT or ridiculous office situations.

For anyone on T-Mobile, you may get a $5.50 Vudu  credit tomorrow for T-Mo Tuesday. T-Mobile Tuesday calls it a "free rental", but I have used that $5.50 credit to buy TV shows and movies. If this series is still the same price tomorrow, you could save a few bucks. T-mo has been giving the Vudu  credit most weeks.

Moss: I could be getting an iPhone without giving any money to Apple. I would be living the dream.

I tried to like this, but no. Then again I don't understand the popularity of The Big Bang Theory either. I have a Comp Sci degree and still no.

ganda said:   I tried to like this, but no. Then again I don't understand the popularity of The Big Bang Theory either. I have a Comp Sci degree and still no.
  You don't understand the hilarity of IT advice such as, "Never type 'Google' into Google. Or you will break the internet."

ganda said:   I tried to like this, but no. Then again I don't understand the popularity of The Big Bang Theory either. I have a Comp Sci degree and still no.
  What a waste...of a Comp Sci degree

pitflyer said:   You can see the US pilot on dailymotion.com -- they basically took the British pilot and re-made it step by step with new actors in every spot except Moss. As others commented, it just doesn't seem as funny even if its basically the same jokes.

But the original series is quite funny - to some people. It used to be available on Netflix for streaming, now its apparently on Hulu, for those who want to legitimately check out an episode to see if its for them. I really like the show, but others I've shown it to don't, either for a combination of the British style of humor or just the subject matter being not as hilarious for someone not working in IT or ridiculous office situations.

It is STILL very much on Netflix.  I watched "The Work Outing" and "The Dinner Party" last night.  The tragically named "Peter File" featured in the Dinner Party episode never gets old. 

Is this like Silicon Valley?

phutureprimative said:   
pitflyer said:   You can see the US pilot on dailymotion.com -- they basically took the British pilot and re-made it step by step with new actors in every spot except Moss. As others commented, it just doesn't seem as funny even if its basically the same jokes.

It is STILL very much on Netflix.  I watched "The Work Outing" and "The Dinner Party" last night.  The tragically named "Peter File" featured in the Dinner Party episode never gets old. 

Sorry. I no longer have Netflix so I was just basing it on a website that said it was removed off there. My mistake and I stand corrected. Anyway, now you have two streaming services to try it out. 

2coatsofpaint said:   
  You don't understand the hilarity of IT advice such as, "Never type 'Google' into Google. Or you will break the internet."

I get the joke, but it's far from hilarious, it's a banana skin slip level joke. [/grumpfish]

Price went back up to $32.99

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017