• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

12-Piece 3-Amp Oscillating Tool Kit $49 w/FS at lowes.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Porter-Cable 12-Piece 3-Amp Oscillating Tool Kit
$49 w/FS
http://www.lowes.com/pd/PORTER-CABLE-12-Piece-3-Amp-Oscillating-Tool-Kit/50358206 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This better than the ones from HF? Worth the extra money?

The tool I bought at Harbor Freight lasted one use.  Total of 10 minutes run time over about two hours and I was only cutting trim at the bottom of three door jambs. Don't know about the Porter Cable tool, but I assume it is much better based on my other PC tools.

This thing is pretty good but loud as all hell!

I have one, and it works well. Certainly worth $49. That said, I got it for the same price. It seems to get marked down to this price fairly often.

glenatuf said:   This better than the ones from HF? Worth the extra money?
  I have had absolutely ZERO problems with my HF ones.  I have both the single speed and multi-speed ones.  I use them all the time (remodeled our summer cabin and house) and if you buy your blades somewhere else then you're golden - the ones that come with the kits SUCK.

I have this tool and it works well when you need it. Mine came with more blades, so I haven't had to buy new ones, but I believe the blade design is such that you cannot use generic blades with this, they have to be Porter Cable. So if you intend to use this a lot, the blade replacement could be more expensive over time.

I went back and read the reviews on the Harbor Freight multi-tools.  Lots of failures after one use. I actually took mine apart and it is shot.  With that said, there are a few different part numbers and I might still roll the dice again for $19.99!

I went back and read the reviews on the Harbor Freight multi-tools.  Lots of failures after one use. I actually took mine apart and it is shot.  With that said, there are a few different part numbers and I might still roll the dice again for $19.99!

Must be dead. The link takes me to the item but it is $89.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017