• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Pass
$100
http://www.olivegarden.com/specials/never-ending-pasta-pass

$100 gets you unlimited Never Ending Pasta Bowls® for seven weeks. Last year, all 2,000 Passes were claimed in one second, so this year we?re offering even more?21,000 in all.

Sale starts September 15th, 2PM ET

The link to the sale page will be available here
at 1:30 PM ET.

Member Summary

pasta (515.35kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
sauce out of a bag. "fresh" pasta out of a bag ("fresh" means that it's not made from dry. Not that it's made in house)
A... (more)

harrisonh (Sep. 15, 2016 @ 9:56p) |

The soup has been traditionally made in house. It was under consideration to move to a bag when the activist investor to... (more)

rasheedb (Sep. 15, 2016 @ 10:32p) |

in my region, as of last july, the soup comes from a bag, but they do add a few ingredients in house so that the texture... (more)

harrisonh (Sep. 16, 2016 @ 9:17a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
As the unlimited pasta by itself will costs around $15 (including a single drink and reasonable amount of toppings), that means that in order to break even, one needs to eat once a week at least during this period, alone. The cost of drinks to whoever is at the table is hardly going to make a difference, unless you have a large number of guests with you (assuming $2 per person).

Do you really want to eat basic pasta (Ravioli, Lasagna and other filled pastas are not included) so many times???

rated:
zklopman said:   As the unlimited pasta by itself will costs around $15 (including a single drink and reasonable amount of toppings), that means that in order to break even, one needs to eat once a week at least during this period, alone. The cost of drinks to whoever is at the table is hardly going to make a difference, unless you have a large number of guests with you (assuming $2 per person).

Do you really want to eat basic pasta (Ravioli, Lasagna and other filled pastas are not included) so many times???

This assumes that one would have gone to Olive Garden 7 times in the next 7 weeks anyway.

After tip & gas & drivetime, even if you go every day, your cost per meal is about $5.  This doesnt take into account extra time wasted at a sit down restaurant.  Also doesnt take into account future diabetes from stuffing your face with pasta for 49 consecutive days.

Probably only worth for a family that goes to Olive Garden way too much or for someone who works in an office next to an Olive Garden and is too lazy to pack a lunch.

rated:
I vomited just reading this deal

rated:
Dominader786 said:   I vomited just reading this deal
  Can you mail me your vomit so I can save myself the trip to OG?

rated:
ragingwookiee said:   Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Pass
$100
http://www.olivegarden.com/specials/never-ending-pasta-pass 

$100 gets you unlimited Never Ending Pasta Bowls® for seven weeks. Last year, all 2,000 Passes were claimed in one second, so this year we?re offering even more?21,000 in all.

Sale starts September 15th, 2PM ET

The link to the sale page will be available here
at 1:30 PM ET.

Gee, 2,000 passes in less than one second!   A waddle-away best seller if there ever was one!

rated:
This should last at least 10 seconds, I can't wait to help them advertise.

rated:
There is an Olive Garden walking distance from my office. I am not sure I could eat it all 7 weeks without developing diabetes, but if I could it would an excellent deal.

rated:
AnandBanned said:   There is an Olive Garden walking distance from my office. I am not sure I could eat it all 7 weeks without developing diabetes, but if I could it would an excellent deal.
  Once a week or even twice a week occasionally should be fine. I am sure many of us consume carbs one way or the other. The important thing is to limit the portion size of what you consume. IOW, resist the temptation of the "never ending pasta bowl" and consume a normal serving for lunch/dinner.

rated:
Mmmmmmmmm........pasta.

rated:
One guy went to all the OG's that he could reach each day , got a free pasta and donated it.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   One guy went to all the OG's that he could reach each day , got a free pasta and donated it.
  If you plan to do this, be aware of the fine print: "Redeemable dine-in only; not redeemable ToGo".

rated:
Never ending stomach pump!

rated:
alienjedi said:   
Dominader786 said:   I vomited just reading this deal
  Can you mail me your vomit so I can save myself the trip to OG?

Shipping would kill that deal.

rated:
Tempted to get a couple to-go meals every day for the homeless. 

rated:
BrianGa said:   Tempted to get a couple to-go meals every day for the homeless. 
  I used to drop a few bucks daily to a 'homeless' guy on the median who had a sign saying he was hungry. That stopped when I saw him coming out of a liquor store with a shopping cart full of goodies. These days you need to use good judgement on who you give.

rated:
i read the adv, no breadsticks, no salad, no soup come with this deal. i.e. pasta bowl w/ 1 topping only and a coke.

rated:
The fine print includes a hidden bene: "Passholder and guests at same table receive complimentary Coca-Cola® soft drinks and refills."

Now if there was only another one: "Passholder and guests can move to front of the insanely long line of people waiting to get a table (for whatever reason)."

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
forbin4040 said:   One guy went to all the OG's that he could reach each day , got a free pasta and donated it.
  If you plan to do this, be aware of the fine print: "Redeemable dine-in only; not redeemable ToGo".

Shame they changed it.

rated:
drti said:   i read the adv, no breadsticks, no salad, no soup come with this deal. i.e. pasta bowl w/ 1 topping only and a coke.

There is *no* main entree at OG that does not include soup or salad (and breadsticks).  I expect nothing different here even if it is not explicitly indicated.  I think it is smart they did something to encourage pass holders to bring others (with the free drink).  I don't see not allowing ToGo as an unreasonable thing.

OG's app (also website) does allow 'call ahead'/placing name on wait list concept if you are concerned about waiting in line.  FWIW, except for Fri/Sat nights, you shouldn't expect much in crowds.

In general, this pass is not supposed to be considered a Hot Deal (maybe should be moved to Deal Discussion), but is something interesting for the chain to do.  I think this is why they increased the number available so high this year because usage patterns and/or guests accompanying the passholder did not indicate a significant cost beyond the pass price.

What is likely a hotter deal for OG is that their Sunday coupons can be scanned on their table kiosks directly now.

Rasheed

rated:
ummm NO, No I don't want unlimited wheat flour.

rated:
These deals really bring out the self-righteousness in people.

rated:
Dine Only or To Gos too?

rated:
gbuskirk said:   These deals really bring out the self-righteousness in people.
  This is nothing compared to anytime there is a McDonald's deal.  Holy nutrition police.

rated:
Got 2 passes the first year.  Got 1 last year.  Won't try to get one this year because of "dine in only" restriction.

rated:
Never have tried this out. Looking to be lucky and snag one.

rated:
Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Pasta Pass®. All 21,000 Pasta Passes® available for sale have been claimed, but you can still get one.
lost out again, waiting since 1130  

rated:
crystal6218 said:   Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Pasta Pass®. All 21,000 Pasta Passes® available for sale have been claimed, but you can still get one.
lost out again, waiting since 1130  

When a deal is dead, don't just post to the thread without also clicking the "mark as expired" link in the first post to alert the mod to move the thread to Expired Deals.

rated:
sauce out of a bag. "fresh" pasta out of a bag ("fresh" means that it's not made from dry. Not that it's made in house)
And those bread sticks..... may as well eat the bread at subway. It's the same frozen junk
The soups from a bag too, but I guess it isn't on the special
​But it is nice not having to do dishes

rated:
harrisonh said:   
The soups from a bag too, but I guess it isn't on the special

The soup has been traditionally made in house. It was under consideration to move to a bag when the activist investor took over. However, I don't believe that happened yet. The serving of each soup is smaller on the new stoneware, but it is still unlimited.

Rasheed

rated:
in my region, as of last july, the soup comes from a bag, but they do add a few ingredients in house so that the texture will be better. It may have changed since last july, but I doubt it,.
But yes, it may be differnt in your region.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016