This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

GUN: AR-15 RUGER AR-556 30 RD @ CABELAS $567 after code 16STALKUP Free Store Pickup

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1932150&avad=48247_ac39214b&WT.mc_id=al35987&Subid1=SID&subacctid=35987&subacctname=35987&adname=Custom+Link&adtype=cl&adid=NA&utm_medium=AFF&utm_source=35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF 

This offer is for EITHER the 30 rd or 10 rd versions.  If you have enough Cabela's Gift Cards you can lower the price to under $500.

Ruger® AR-556™ Semiautomatic Tactical Rifle• 16" medium-contour cold-hammer-forged barrel
• Durable synthetic stock and glass-filled nylon handguards
• Milled gas block for improved balance and handling
• Ergonomic pistol grip and telescoping buttstock
• Includes one 10- or 30-round magazine
• AR-556 is direct impingent, and the SR-556 is piston driven.Ruger's AR-556 Semiautomatic Tactical Rifles boast a matte-black 16" medium-contour cold-hammer-forged barrel with ultraprecise rifling that delivers exceptional accuracy, longevity and corrosion resistance. Durable synthetic stock and heat-resistant, glass-filled nylon handguards withstand wear and tear for long-lasting performance. Ergonomic pistol grip and six-position, telescoping M4-style buttstock provide an excellent hold. Low-glare milled gas block located at a carbine-length (M4) position offers improved balance and handling. Flat-top upper receiver with forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector. Also features matte black-oxide bolt carrier with staked gas key. Elevation-adjustable front sight and Rapid Deploy folding rear sight. Multiple adjustment points for many sling and accessory options. Includes one 10-round or 30-round Magpul PMAG® magazine and front-sight tool. AR-556 is direct impingent, and the SR-556 is piston driven. Made in USA

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

site is broken won't add to cart

Just now went thru the buying process.  Site worked fine.

Just a note, my friend has one of these and the bolt is NOT interchangeable with other ARs. I would assume that means the Upper Receiver is also unique. (for most folks that doesn't matter, but there may be a few who care)

RedWolfe01 said:   Just a note, my friend has one of these and the bolt is NOT interchangeable with other ARs. I would assume that means the Upper Receiver is also unique. (for most folks that doesn't matter, but there may be a few who care)

Are you referring to the bolt itself or the entire BCG? According to what the Ruger forums say, their upper and lowers are interchangeable. It's all mil-spec, except some minor things like d-ring (I say minor bc you can swap it out for a non-proprietary delta ring).  Someone correct me if this is not correct.  I have read plenty of posts of owners swapping out uppers, BCGs, etc.

frett said:   
RedWolfe01 said:   Just a note, my friend has one of these and the bolt is NOT interchangeable with other ARs. I would assume that means the Upper Receiver is also unique. (for most folks that doesn't matter, but there may be a few who care)
  Are you referring to the bolt itself or the entire BCG? According to what the Ruger forums say, their upper and lowers are interchangeable. It's all mil-spec, except some minor things like d-ring (I say minor bc you can swap it out for a non-proprietary delta ring).  Someone correct me if this is not correct.  I have read plenty of posts of owners swapping out uppers, BCGs, etc.

I think I recall hearing something about interchangeability with some parts on the piston version, but not so much the direct impingement version.

It's a semi auto milled bolt carrier group, it's interchangeable to a mil-spec if needed.

It's a normal upper and lower, other than a few parts that doesn't break compatibility.

oos

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017