• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Shnoop has the Okra MagMount Universal Magnetic Vent Car Mount on sale for $4.99 - $2.00 off coupon code "OKRA2" = $2.99 with free shipping. This is $1 less than the last time we saw this deal, making it the lowest price it's ever been! 

• Includes 2 Rectangle Magnetic Plates + 2 Circle 3M Adhesive Magnetic Plates
  • Magnetic Plates Designed To Work Through Any Case 
  • Universal Smartphone & GPS Mount Compatible w/ All Devices 
  • Quality Rubber Gripping 
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty

This mount received 4.4/5 stars based on 1,200 customer reviews on Amazon, where it's selling for $6.99 as an add-on item.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, EXPIRED DEALS. — Dec. 9, 2016 @ 5:40am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I find that the Okra has a much weaker magnet than other vent mounts. This causes my phone to fall off the mount if there is much acceleration in any direction.

rated:
I have one of these and works great but only on one car. The other has the vents on too much of an angle and phone pointing up

rated:
I'm still waiting on an RMA from a previous deal on this. So far, I can't get one.

rated:
Once I put the magnet on the phone or case, the QI charging doe snot work any longer on my S7 or Note 7. Any suggestions?

rated:
"Magnetic Plates Designed To Work Through Any Case"

These types of things don't work on "any" case. I have an identical product from a well-known company and it doesn't work on my case. My case is pretty thick and the back is not flat, which weakens the grip of the magnets. It doesn't stay on my case at all.

rated:
Vent mount is fine until you want the A/C blasting your face. I just bought a magnetic CD player mount instead.

rated:
mushman said:   Once I put the magnet on the phone or case, the QI charging doe snot work any longer on my S7 or Note 7. Any suggestions?

The magnets are not on the plates that go on the phone. They are on the mount. Of course, you are putting a metal plate on the phone and this may prevent you form using your S7.

Would it prevent the Note 7 from exploding though?

rated:
qcumber98 said:   Vent mount is fine until you want the A/C blasting your face. I just bought a magnetic CD player mount instead.

On an Accord, neither work. The CD mount doesn't work either. I'm trying a suction one with magnets.

rated:
mushman said:   Once I put the magnet on the phone or case, the QI charging doe snot work any longer on my S7 or Note 7. Any suggestions?
  Yes, return them for a full refund before your car burst up in flames.

rated:
can use it for the phone with case?

rated:
rsuaver said:   
qcumber98 said:   Vent mount is fine until you want the A/C blasting your face. I just bought a magnetic CD player mount instead.

On an Accord, neither work. The CD mount doesn't work either. I'm trying a suction one with magnets.

Suction gets weak over time and you would pull the mount off with your phone. I have this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016GNYZIC/

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016