STAPLES Q's week of 9/18 $1 ar/ac 5 Ream Case 1cent ac/ar Staples MP Reams, BOGO Epson Photo Paper, Kcup Coupons

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

water
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I've just always told cashiers the amounts on cards.  
I used to roll them buying more FAR stuff at Staples and I'd have ... (more)

my4mainecoons (Sep. 29, 2016 @ 9:08p) |

I'll try this next time.  My approach was to just feed cards into the reader.

FatRick (Sep. 30, 2016 @ 3:24p) |

Thanks @my4mainecoons!
Worked like a charm! Except first WM said they could only do one set of 4 cards per customer. Wait... (more)

brusbrother (Oct. 01, 2016 @ 5:47p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you sir.

Anyone have last week's coupon code for Staples Multipurpose Reams?

my4mainecoons said:   Anyone have last week's coupon code for Staples Multipurpose Reams?

mpream9.17.jpg
Disclaimer
brusbrother said:   
my4mainecoons said:   Anyone have last week's coupon code for Staples Multipurpose Reams?

For pdf of coupon see attached.

My recycling rewards for August still not up
Hope they'll be there tomorrow so I can burn'em on 8 reams

fixfox69 said:   My recycling rewards for August still not up

There's a discussion about the missing rewards over on SD. According to that discussion, the rewards for August will be paid out in October ....

bpvh said:   

There's a discussion about the missing rewards over on SD. According to that discussion, the rewards for August will be paid out in October ....

I called Staple's on Friday and that is what they told me, that I would receive them in October.

Scifiguy123 said:   
bpvh said:   

I called Staple's on Friday and that is what they told me, that I would receive them in October.

I received my August rewards in September.

ehrenrej said:   
Scifiguy123 said:   
bpvh said:   

I received my August rewards in September.

Some received their rewards, others did not.

How does the Staples MP 5-ream case deal work? The coupon says $1 AC, AR. The rebate website says:
"NI SKU
$23.00 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card"

Is a NI SKU "coupon" needed to get the rebate? I didnt find any NI SKU coupon.

fwuser12 said:   How does the Staples MP 5-ream case deal work? The coupon says $1 AC, AR. The rebate website says:
"NI SKU
$23.00 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card"

Is a NI SKU "coupon" needed to get the rebate? I didnt find any NI SKU coupon.

The rebate form for the item does not match the advert for the item. There is no NISKU code at least at this time. There is also a report over on SD that the coupon for the 5ream case is not working.

Coupon worked for me this morning on the 5 ream MP paper, but the rebate didn't print out. Will see what happens when I submit the rebate later today. If it doesn't work, I will just return. 

I also had the coupon work for 4 of the blue half cases, and no rebate form printed, also no little star next to the price to show a rebate for that product

drusifer said:   Coupon worked for me this morning on the 5 ream MP paper, but the rebate didn't print out. Will see what happens when I submit the rebate later today. If it doesn't work, I will just return. 
  Did the coupon take off $7?

I haven't brought any paper for over a year now. Question, can I still buy the 4 half-cases on the same receipt (assuming my store will let me) and input just one rebate submission for the 4 rebates? This is how I use to do it. (The physical coupon states 'Limit One Coupon per Customer', but I seem to remember that's what it stated in the past...) What's the rules now ???

shooppin said:   I haven't brought any paper for over a year now. Question, can I still buy the 4 half-cases on the same receipt (assuming my store will let me) and input just one rebate submission for the 4 rebates? This is how I use to do it. (The physical coupon states 'Limit One Coupon per Customer', but I seem to remember that's what it stated in the past...) What's the rules now ???
  yes 4 on same receipt and input just one rebate submission for the 4 rebates.

Has anyone read of anyone having the NI SKU entered? 
I just printed a NI SKU coupon and will see if it generates rebate form.

my4mainecoons said:   
drusifer said:   Coupon worked for me this morning on the 5 ream MP paper, but the rebate didn't print out. Will see what happens when I submit the rebate later today. If it doesn't work, I will just return. 
  Did the coupon take off $7?

It took $6.99 off. 

my4mainecoons said:   
shooppin said:   I haven't brought any paper for over a year now. Question, can I still buy the 4 half-cases on the same receipt (assuming my store will let me) and input just one rebate submission for the 4 rebates? This is how I use to do it. (The physical coupon states 'Limit One Coupon per Customer', but I seem to remember that's what it stated in the past...) What's the rules now ???
  yes 4 on same receipt and input just one rebate submission for the 4 rebates.

Has anyone read of anyone having the NI SKU entered? 
I just printed a NI SKU coupon and will see if it generates rebate form.

There is no NI-SKU this week,it must be a glitch on the rebate system.

Just submitted the rebate and the 5 ream MP paper rebate shows up in my submission for a $23 rebate.  Coupon took $6.99 off to make it $1 per 5 ream.  Looks like everything is working even though the rebate didn't print with the receipt.  

Edit:  Just checked the status and it looks like it is invalid:

Promotion:     Get a $23 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 5 Ream Case (SKU 1147484) at Staples Stores ONLY
Submission Type:     PAPERLESS
Date Received:     09-18-2016
Status Detail:     Invalid.
Invalid Reasons:     All required products were not submitted

The 5-ream rebate issue should be fixed now, even if you submitted it yesterday.

that paper ream is in-store only coupon.

3c3 said:   The 5-ream rebate issue should be fixed now, even if you submitted it yesterday.
I purchased yesterday.  Tried using NI SKU but no rebate form printed.  Submitted rebate last night w/o problem.
Just back from store where I bought more 5 ream cases and still no rebate form printed.

3c3 said:   The 5-ream rebate issue should be fixed now, even if you submitted it yesterday.
Purchased yesterday; rebate status at Staples site looks fine. 

drusifer said:   
Just submitted the rebate and the 5 ream MP paper rebate shows up in my submission for a $23 rebate.  Coupon took $6.99 off to make it $1 per 5 ream.  Looks like everything is working even though the rebate didn't print with the receipt.  

Promotion:     Get a $23 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 5 Ream Case (SKU 1147484) at Staples Stores ONLY

any update?  Still showing invalid?

Danzilla said:   
drusifer said:   

Promotion:     Get a $23 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 5 Ream Case (SKU 1147484 ) at Staples Stores ONLY

any update?  Still showing invalid?

Shows valid now like others have reported. No action on my part changed the status. 

Received same email stating; Invalid Reasons: All required products were not submitted

Checked status online, which stated; Status: Validation in Progress.

Sent email to Staples through their system requesting denial rationale and also reprocessing of the rebate which I believe I am qualified.

Will let you know their response if/when I receive it...

shoppin658 said:   Received same email stating; Invalid Reasons: All required products were not submitted

Checked status online, which stated; Status: Validation in Progress.

Sent email to Staples through their system requesting denial rationale and also reprocessing of the rebate which I believe I am qualified.

Will let you know their response if/when I receive it...

That email was sent early Monday morning, to people who submitted on Sunday when the rebate system had incorrect data. The rebate was fixed Monday afternoon. "Validation in progress" is the correct status.

3c3 said:   
That email was sent early Monday morning, to people who submitted on Sunday when the rebate system had incorrect data. The rebate was fixed Monday afternoon. "Validation in progress" is the correct status.

I already received a response from Staples (that was the fastest ever response from anybody!!!), here is a quote:    "I am pleased to inform you that I have found your rebate submission and it has been approved on September 19, 2016 in the amount of $92.00 for all 4 items.  Please allow 15 days for your Visa prepaid card to be mailed to the following address:"

So it looks like we're a good as gold !!!!

have a great and prosperous FW Day.............. shoppin658

Does anyone know if there's a new link to receive a $10 Welcome offer?

FYI:I had two Visa GCc totaling $300. Seven Staples Rebate Visa cards totaling $455. Time to cash. First stop, Kroger #1. (English spoken as a second language) clerk said only two cards per MO. Passed. WM - tried Staples card - nope. Kroger #2 - younger clerk had no issue with Staples cards. Swiped seven cards for $455 MO; paid $0.69 charge with Visa GC (it was a test). Completed with no issue. MO #2 for $300 paid for with two Visa GCs and a bit of cash (equal to paying $0.69x2). Mission accomplished!I have $1250 in future ST ERs, so it's good to know there is still a valid outlet to cash them out.

FatRick said:   FYI:I had two Visa GCc totaling $300. Seven Staples Rebate Visa cards totaling $455. Time to cash. First stop, Kroger #1. (English spoken as a second language) clerk said only two cards per MO. Passed. WM - tried Staples card - nope. Kroger #2 - younger clerk had no issue with Staples cards. Swiped seven cards for $455 MO; paid $0.69 charge with Visa GC (it was a test). Completed with no issue. MO #2 for $300 paid for with two Visa GCs and a bit of cash (equal to paying $0.69x2). Mission accomplished!I have $1250 in future ST ERs, so it's good to know there is still a valid outlet to cash them out.
&

why go to all that trouble? I just cash them out by paying either my cable bill or cell phone bill online with them. I apply them as I get them, even if it means running a credit balance on the cable account so I don't have to worry about losing them or fraud issues, etc.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
FatRick said:   FYI:I had two Visa GCc totaling $300. Seven Staples Rebate Visa cards totaling $455. Time to cash. First stop, Kroger #1. (English spoken as a second language) clerk said only two cards per MO. Passed. WM - tried Staples card - nope. Kroger #2 - younger clerk had no issue with Staples cards. Swiped seven cards for $455 MO; paid $0.69 charge with Visa GC (it was a test). Completed with no issue. MO #2 for $300 paid for with two Visa GCs and a bit of cash (equal to paying $0.69x2). Mission accomplished!I have $1250 in future ST ERs, so it's good to know there is still a valid outlet to cash them out.
&

why go to all that trouble? I just cash them out by paying either my cable bill or cell phone bill online with them. I apply them as I get them, even if it means running a credit balance on the cable account so I don't have to worry about losing them or fraud issues, etc.

I go through all the trouble because I have way more rebate cards than I have bills -- except my credit card for which I paid for the stuff in the first place.
Can't pay cc bill w/ rebate gc. 
My electric bill is paid ahead $100.  My water/sewer bill is paid ahead $200.  My eBay seller fees are paid ahead.  All paid ahead w/ rebate gc.
I get 5% back paying my phone bills w/ Chase Ink and would be same for cable if I had it.

@FatRick-  I used 4 Staples rebate cards to buy a money order at WM about 3 hrs ago.  I buy a couple of m.o. at WM's every week.  I don't know why you're having issues.

YMMV but I got an email today with 10% Rewards coupon 9/22 to 9/30... because I am special
Check your email  to see if you are special too!

brusbrother said:   YMMV but I got an email today with 10% Rewards coupon 9/22 to 9/30... because I am special

I got the offer too and tried to use it on the one cent ream paper deal but the register wouldn't take the coupon even though paper was not listed as an excluded item. They don't let you use it probably because a rebate is offered on the paper but they don't list getting a rebate as a coupon killer on the coupon.

MrVietnam said:   
brusbrother said:   YMMV but I got an email today with 10% Rewards coupon 9/22 to 9/30... because I am special

I got the offer too and tried to use it on the one cent ream paper deal but the register wouldn't take the coupon even though paper was not listed as an excluded item. They don't let you use it probably because a rebate is offered on the paper but they don't list getting a rebate as a coupon killer on the coupon.

that's strange Mr. V, usually those rewards Q's show as a separate line item, don't attach to any one product on the receipt. being flagged for a rebate shouldn't have matter if they do it like the 25% rewards Q.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   

that's strange Mr. V, usually those rewards Q's show as a separate line item, don't attach to any one product on the receipt. being flagged for a rebate shouldn't have matter if they do it like the 25% rewards Q.

It mattered in this case. They scanned the coupon both as a coupon and as a UPC. Neither way worked. It was the first coupon they scanned too. Looks like no 10% rewards for me.

MISTERCHEAP said:   why go to all that trouble? I just cash them out by paying either my cable bill or cell phone bill online with them. I apply them as I get them, even if it means running a credit balance on the cable account so I don't have to worry about losing them or fraud issues, etc.
Sorry; was traveling earlier this week with little FW time available. 
Right now, I have $400+ credit on my VZW bill due to applying prepaid VZW GCs that were purchased at a 38% discount.  Other accounts in a similar state due to use of non-ST rebate Visa cards.  ST Visa rebate cards have been the easiest to cash.  And, thankfully, still are.  With the MO's purchased, I can also continue to use credit cards that earn a cash bonus for spending goals within a certain timeframe.  In my case, I'll earn $400 by spending $6K.

For Staples expert out here, can you please advise

1. If the dollar off coupon will get tagged to an item which has NI-SKU coupon tagged to it for rebate purpose, when purchasing in store.

Skipping 14 Messages...
FatRick said:   
my4mainecoons said:   Take 4 cards.  Total them up.  Subtract 70¢.  eg 4 rebate cards $25 ea.  $100 - 70¢ = 99.30
Tell CSR you want a money order for $99.30
CSR: That's $100
BB:  I have a $25 prepaid debit card.
CSR: (Keys in $25).  OK.  (ie you can swipe your first card now)

Watch the little screen on the terminal.  (I wait for the QR code advertising WalMart money services to go away) Swipe. Wait a few seconds.
Screen:   Do you want cash back?  (Hit "no")
Screen:  Enter PIN.  (last 4 digits)
Payment approved.
BB:  I have another $25 prepaid card.
CSR: (Keys in $25).  OK.  
rinse & repeat.

I'll try this next time.  My approach was to just feed cards into the reader. 

Thanks @my4mainecoons!
Worked like a charm! Except first WM said they could only do one set of 4 cards per customer. Waited and got begrudging approval for second set from manager. Thought of leaving and returning incognito but I forgot my fake mustache and glasses
Packed up my bags and moved on to the next WM where they allowed me to do the deal 4 times with 4 cards at each go.
I am finally free of 24 of those pita cards.
Since most cc give at least 1% on purchases, cashing these out and depositing the MOs is a wash for any amount over $70 in cards considering the .70 fee.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017