Voting History
rated:

Get a $50 Kmart Gift Card for only $44 - Email delivery at ebay.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Use it fast before they go out of business and these become worthless.

raringvt said:   Use it fast before they go out of business and these become worthless.

The entire company isn't going to go out of business even in 2017, Kmart sure, but not the entire company. 

Any way, I was able to order 5, so I'm not sure if the limit is higher. 

Seems like I can now pay using eBay gift cards making this an even better deal.

I would stay away bankruptcy is imminent and during bankruptcy gift cards/rewards points will be made worthless

Slick29832 said:   I would stay away bankruptcy is imminent and during bankruptcy gift cards/rewards points will be made worthless

Cool story. My Sears will let me by Amazon.com giftcards - so the risk is close to zero. 

sloth911 said:   
Slick29832 said:   I would stay away bankruptcy is imminent and during bankruptcy gift cards/rewards points will be made worthless

Cool story. My Sears will let me by Amazon. com giftcards - so the risk is close to zero. 

I remember when circuit city went bankrupt in November 2008.  I actually owned stock in CC.  I sold my stock literally the day before it went bankrupt.  I sold because there were stories vendors were requiring up front cash payment for merchandise instead of credit.  That caused the bankruptcy.  If you search google on Sears or Kmart you'll see a lot of recent stories that merchants are starting to ask for cash up front.  That will cause Sears/Kmart to go bankrupt a lot quicker than what people think.

If you want to be a smart ass fine, but I feel it's my moral obligation to warn people.  When CC went bankrupt a lot of people were burned because they thought CC would survive until after Xmas.  I think a lot of people are buying gift cards assuming Kmart/Sears will be in business until Janaury, but as I just mentioned, if their vendors start requiring up front cash payments Sears/Kmart will go bankrupt quick because they only have $200m in cash.  When CC went bankrupt they had only used $200m of a $1.5 billion line of credit, but they needed cash and they had very little cash.

I dont want to hear no one say I didnt warn them!!!!

Slick29832 said:   
I dont want to hear no one say I didnt warn them!!!!

Well said Slick. For some reason, even if people aren't a smart aleck in person, they feel the need to be one online. Bankruptcy WILL happen for this company, we just don't know when. When someone starts a thread complaining about how their gift cards are worthless, then it is your turn to be a smart aleck... if you choose, but I doubt you will. 

For more info, see: Sports Authority, Borders, Tigerdirect etc.

Will they accept their gift cards during "going out of business" sales?

Thanks ctgolfer.  I needed another purchase to make it up to eBay's $5 minimum for the quarter.

Seems like an okay deal if you live near a Kmart that is still operating *and* plan on using the cards right away. Otherwise it seems like a Meh deal at 12%.

andyh80 said:   Will they accept their gift cards during "going out of business" sales?
Even if they did, you won't see deals as good as you can get NOW, after factoring in the "Shop Your Way Rewards" program promotions, surprise points, etc.--a program which will surely stop if Kmart goes belly up.

Store liquidation sales have screamingly large signs about great percent off discounts, along with inflated retail prices and picked over merchandise.

UkeDoggie said:   
andyh80 said:   Will they accept their gift cards during "going out of business" sales?
Even if they did, you won't see deals as good as you can get NOW, after factoring in the "Shop Your Way Rewards" program promotions, surpise points, etc.--a program which will surely stop if Kmart goes belly up.

Store liquidation sales have screamingly large signs about great percent off discounts, along with inflated retail prices and picked over merchandise.

While gift cards would probably still be valid during liquidation sales, I doubt Shop Your Way Rewards points would. Those points would most certainly just vanish. I have $283 in SYWR points, so I am looking at ways to cash out before they are worthless.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017