This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Philips 32 Watt 4ft. T8 Flourescent Light Bulb, Daylight, 2/Pack (In-Store - YMMV) $1 at staples.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Philips 32 Watt 4ft. T8 Flourescent Light Bulb, Daylight, 2/Pack (In-Store - YMMV)
$1.00
http://www.staples.com/Philips-32-Watt-4ft-T8-Flourescent-Light-Bulb-Daylight-2-Pack/product_269340?cid=SM:SBD:FACEBOOK:SITELIKES:20111002:EVENT

• 32 Watt flourescent light bulb
  • 2 flourescent tube lights per pack
  • Brightness: 2,750 lumens

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP! Perfect timing to save on some home needs

If you're going to copy it from another board, at least take the time to get both sku's and type the title correctly:

Philips 32 Watt 4ft. T8 Fluorescent Light Bulb, 2/Pack on Clearance at Staples for $1. IN STORE ONLY. YMMV.
sku: 269340, 269348

still put out more light than those LEDs. Just need a bit of time to warm up.

None available near by . Good deal.

nm

Thanks OP!
In for 12.

invisible said:   OOS online
   What did you not understand when it was stated "IN STORE ONLY. YMMV."??

PruHTP said:      What did you not understand when it was stated "IN STORE ONLY. YMMV."??
oops my bad

Thanks OP. Got a couple near me. Perfect timing as I had a few lights go out recently.

PruHTP said:   If you're going to copy it from another board, at least take the time to get both sku's and type the title correctly:

Philips 32 Watt 4ft. T8 Fluorescent Light Bulb, 2/Pack on Clearance at Staples for $1. IN STORE ONLY. YMMV.

"It's not wise to upset a Wookiee"

PruHTP said:   If you're going to copy it from another board, at least take the time to get both sku's and type the title correctly:

Philips 32 Watt 4ft. T8 Fluorescent Light Bulb, 2/Pack on Clearance at Staples for $1. IN STORE ONLY. YMMV.

We don't care if the deal copied from other site, as long as it shows up here that's all matters to us.

Nice deal. OOS locally. Thanks anyway.

Ordered 2 at my local store... Got cancelled. Lack of inventory.

same product been on clearance for months and months (year??)... guess it's just new on .com.

javaman2003 said:   I think all Philips bulbs at Staples are in clearance.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-425306-65-Watt-Daylight-Dimmable/dp/B00BCU1Q64/

Staples is $4!!

Yeah, same thing.  They've been on clearance for several month.  I actually bought half dozen of these BR30 bulbs when Staples had a 25% back in rewards promo a couple months ago... and it was $4 each then too, so $3 each after the rewards bonus.

Danzilla said:   same product been on clearance for months and months (year??)... guess it's just new on .com.
  Nope. It's just people are noticing them again and again and again and have been posting the misc ~20ish sku's for around a year now. This has had this price since 2/3/2016 and was $2 for X months before that. Maybe when Staples drops it to a dime they'll finally be rid of them.

Ok, now everything seems to be LEDs, so is there any LED bulb to replace this light bulb? I would really like to get rid of these fluorescent lights in my kitchen ceiling.

niniss said:   Ok, now everything seems to be LEDs, so is there any LED bulb to replace this light bulb? I would really like to get rid of these fluorescent lights in my kitchen ceiling.
  You have to either replace the fixture or modify the fixture in order to do so. This link should help with understanding it a little. Look at the pictures.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HC4M5FY?psc=1

PruHTP said:   
niniss said:   Ok, now everything seems to be LEDs, so is there any LED bulb to replace this light bulb? I would really like to get rid of these fluorescent lights in my kitchen ceiling.
  You have to either replace the fixture or modify the fixture in order to do so. This link should help with understanding it a little. Look at the pictures.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HC4M5FY?psc=1 

There are direct replacement (no fixture modification) LED bulbs for fluorescent bulbs but I don't recommend them. They rely on the original ballast and/or starter. Removing the starter and ballast is the correct way to upgrade to LED. It's not for the novice and requires simple understanding of basic wiring. There are two types of LED replacements for fluorescent bulbs. Single or double ended. They are available in different color temps. The best price at this time is about $8 to $10 a bulb, depending on vendor and quantity purchased. You go from 32/40 watts to about 18-24 watts per bulb by converting to LED. Plus two other important benefits: 1) No ballast buzz / hum 2. No cold start issues.

There's not as much energy savings involved with fluorescent to LED as there is with incandescent to LED.

You may also need to know what "shunted tombstone" means when converting from fluorescent to LED.

blueribb said:   
There's not as much energy savings involved with fluorescent to LED as there is with incandescent to LED.

Oh I didn't know that.  Then I better not mess with them.  It's just that the fluorescent lights seem to die pretty quickly and it's a pain to replace those ceiling lights. 

Thanks PruHTP and blueribb for the education!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017