Rite Aid 10/2 - 10/8

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Good week to start stocking up on cold/sinus medicine. Advil Sinus, Robitussin, Children's Robitussin, Advil and Advil Jr. (also includes Thermacare) will be on sale for $6 plus they are part of a spend $30 earn $10 PP. According to ad there will be $3 mq; hopefully they mean for each item. I plan to buy a mix of 5 @ $30 - $15 mq, pay $15 and earn $10 PP, $5/5 items or $1 each. It would be really awesome if some S* offers pop up.

Thx vp22/ihra

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Niniss,

For the most part, yes, however, new offers can pop up mid week too, as do the 'freebie" items which typically ru... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Oct. 05, 2016 @ 11:47a) |

One more update: I just realized that there are TWO S* offers for Thermacare. I had missed that I really do have the $3 ... (more)

melachri (Oct. 05, 2016 @ 12:05p) |

@niniss -- is the money you're saving by coupon shopping worth the stress?  If not then stop coupon shopping.  Life's to... (more)

my4mainecoons (Oct. 06, 2016 @ 5:50p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The same PP deal also includes Centrum on sale for $6.99.  Ad mentions a $4 coupon in the 10/2 newpaper. Very possible that there will be three separate $4 coupons: Silver, Gummies, Vitamints. Buy 3 newspapers, get 9 Centrum for $62.91 minus $36 in coupons = $26.91 and get $20.00 in points. Net total $6.91 (plus the cost of the newspapers) for 9 packages of vitamins. Again, this can be even better with any new S* offers that might pop up for October. Also, you may not have to buy 3 newspapers because there are printable coupons available for Centrum now, and there was recently a $4 Centrum Silver coupon in the Parade magazine.

roy7736 said:   The same PP deal also includes Centrum on sale for $6.99.  Ad mentions a $4 coupon in the 10/2 newpaper. Very possible that there will be three separate $4 coupons: Silver, Gummies, Vitamints. Buy 3 newspapers, get 9 Centrum for $62.91 minus $36 in coupons = $26.91 and get $20.00 in points. Net total $6.91 (plus the cost of the newspapers) for 9 packages of vitamins. Again, this can be even better with any new S* offers that might pop up for October. Also, you may not have to buy 3 newspapers because there are printable coupons available for Centrum now, and there was recently a $4 Centrum Silver coupon in the Parade magazine.
  Wonder if the Vitamints (60ct) be on sale as well ?  I was able to print $4 coupon for it @ centrum.com

here

Yes confirmed ! Vitamints also will be on sale per the flyer I just saw.    

wow mr v so early in the week news on next weeks Rite Aid , big green for you . also if i can suggest to all if anyone was able to put links to next weeks Rite Aid or cvs circulars or any coupon news like when the p and g coupon book was coming out , i would think that would be so valuable , BIG GREEN IN MY MIND . THANKS

Check your Plenti targeted offers.  In one acct I received a 1000PP wyb $50 in vitamins. 
Would DD w/ the spend $30 get 1000PP.
I did this a few weeks ago and to max out I got $100 in vitamins in one transaction.  (RAKE and vitamin PP offer).
$100 isn't that hard to do when you consider all the Centrum lines: vitamints, gummies, regular and senior. 
To  max out both offers at once you need 15 bottles.  Better MM than doing separately where you'd need 8 bottles per transaction.
Even my little store (no PF, no Almay, etc.) had 15 bottles.
Caution: check shelf tags.  Two weeks ago the Cool Mint vitamint wasn't tagged and didn't count.

henryj1 said:   wow mr v so early in the week news on next weeks Rite Aid  , big green for you . also if i can suggest to all if anyone was able to put links to next weeks Rite Aid  or cvs circulars or any coupon news like when the p and g coupon book was coming out , i would think that would be so valuable , BIG GREEN IN MY MIND . THANKS
P&G comes out at the beginning of each month.
There are websites that tell you the publication schedules of the inserts a year in advance.  Search: coupon insert publication schedule
Inserts are not published on holidays, eg Labor Day.
You can find the RA and CVS ads on i heart but we are not allowed to link to competing websites.  (Search: i heart and the name of the store you want.)

THANKS MY 4MAINE GREEN FOR YOU

GOT2B HAIR CARE PRODUCTS, $3.99 (SALE PRICE)

OR $2 Savingstar Offer

DEAL IDEA
Buy 1 Dimetapp, $6.00 (sale price)
Buy 1 Robitussin, $6.00 (sale price)
Buy 1 Advil Congestion Relief, $6.00 (sale price)
Buy 2 Thermacare Heatwraps, $6.00 each (sale price)
Subtotal: $30.00
-(1) SAVE $3.00 on any ONE (1) Children’s Advil, Children’s Robitussin or Children’s Dimetapp product or from the 10/2 RP Insert  www.redplum.com
-(1) SAVE $3.00 on ANY Adult Robitussin or from the 10/2 RP Insert
-(1) SAVE $3.00 on ANY Advil Cold & Sinus, Advil Sinus Congestion & Pain, Advil Allergy Sinus or Advil Allergy & Congestion Relief product or from the 10/2 RP Insert
-(1) SAVE $3.00 on any TWO (2) ThermaCare HeatWraps 2ct or larger or Cold Wrap 1ct or from the 10/2 RP Insert
Pay: $18.00
Get 1,000 Plenti Points ($10 – limit 2)
Earn 300 Points on (2) ThermaCare Wraps, Rite Aid  Household Points Offer OR SAVINGSTAR ON ALL Plus below items
Earn 300 Points on ONE (1) Advil Congestion Relief, Rite Aid  Household Points Offer
Earn 300 Points on ONE (1) Children’s Advil, Children’s Robitussin or Children’s Dimetapp, Rite Aid  Household Points Offer
Earn 300 Points on ONE (1) Advult Robitussin, Rite Aid  Household Points Offer
as low as FREE + $4.00 money maker after stacked offers

my4mainecoons said:   Check your Plenti targeted offers.  In one acct I received a 1000PP wyb $50 in vitamins. 
Would DD w/ the spend $30 get 1000PP.
I did this a few weeks ago and to max out I got $100 in vitamins in one transaction.  (RAKE and vitamin PP offer).
$100 isn't that hard to do when you consider all the Centrum lines: vitamints, gummies, regular and senior. 
To  max out both offers at once you need 15 bottles.  Better MM than doing separately where you'd need 8 bottles per transaction.
Even my little store (no PF, no Almay, etc.) had 15 bottles.
Caution: check shelf tags.  Two weeks ago the Cool Mint vitamint wasn't tagged and didn't count.

That seems to be the case again. I saw on another board that 60 ct Cool Mint Vitamints are not ringing up with the sale price. Stay away from that variety.

gocint said:   
roy7736 said:   The same PP deal also includes Centrum on sale for $6.99.  Ad mentions a $4 coupon in the 10/2 newpaper. Very possible that there will be three separate $4 coupons: Silver, Gummies, Vitamints. Buy 3 newspapers, get 9 Centrum for $62.91 minus $36 in coupons = $26.91 and get $20.00 in points. Net total $6.91 (plus the cost of the newspapers) for 9 packages of vitamins. Again, this can be even better with any new S* offers that might pop up for October. Also, you may not have to buy 3 newspapers because there are printable coupons available for Centrum now, and there was recently a $4 Centrum Silver coupon in the Parade magazine.
  Wonder if the Vitamints (60ct) be on sale as well ?  I was able to print $4 coupon for it @ centrum.com

here

I have printed that coupon in the past, and it just let me print two more in Internet Explorer and two more in Chrome on each of my computers!!!! Apparently this coupon resets often.

Centrum is Revtrax which generally allows 2 prints per browser.

Not a piping hot deal but Progresso soup is looking good this week.  They're on sale 4/$5.  There's $1/4 ip on coupons dot com.  There's a $1 back wyb 4 on S*.  There's 200PP wyb 4.
I think that comes out to 25¢/can.

There's a $6.00/1 Centrum or Centrum Silver Multivitamin 100ct+ in this weekend's RP (very regional).
The 130 ct bonus box of Centrum is part of the $6.99 sale.
No one store has 15 boxes of the 130 ct Centrum so I'll buy them in several stores w/o using a Plenti card and paying w/ credit card.
When I have enough will return & rebuy in one transaction so I max out the Partner Offer ($50 in one transaction x 2) and the RA offer 1000 PP wyb $30.
15 boxes will do it. $25 MM. 
I bought 20 coupons so with the other 5 I'll just earn 1000PP on an acct that didn't get the partner offer.  Only a $5MM.
The coupons weren't cheap-- 40¢ ea. but net $30MM.

If you clipped it last month, there is also a $1 Centrum Sstar offer to redeem.

Used it last month.  Sadly it has not reset.

Just got my weekly RA email, which includes 2 coupons. $10 off Aleve Direct Therapy and $3 off ThermaCare Heat Wrap 2ct or larger.

Thanks for the Progresso soup deal, Maine. I will do it today on 2 Plenti/Savingstar accounts.

MrVietnam said:   Thanks for the Progresso soup deal, Maine. I will do it today on 2 Plenti/Savingstar accounts.
  So the limit is 1 per card?

niniss said:   
MrVietnam said:   Thanks for the Progresso soup deal, Maine. I will do it today on 2 Plenti/Savingstar accounts.

Plenti limit might be 2 but the S* is L1. 
Check the shelf tag. You can probably do it twice on same Plenti card but you'll pay 50¢/can for the 2nd 4.
Deals are maximized when you have a different S* acct for each Plenti card/acct.

my4mainecoons said:   
niniss said:   

Plenti limit might be 2 but the S* is L1. 
Check the shelf tag. You can probably do it twice on same Plenti card but you'll pay 50¢/can for the 2nd 4.
Deals are maximized when you have a different S* acct for each Plenti card/acct.

We like this brand soup a lot, so 50cents per can is still a great price.  Have one Saving* account but I don't like it.  Because two times I uploaded Kroger receipts, one time got an email saying the receipt wasn't clear enough, the other time no response and never showed up in my account either, so I pretty much give up on the account.   But thanks for the detail info.

Happily at RA you don't have to upload your receipt.  
I presume you've already linked your Plenti card to your Saving Star acct.
You haven't been shopping RA w/o linking your S* acct have you?
S* is great at RA.

my4mainecoons said:   Happily at RA you don't have to upload your receipt.  
S* is great at RA.

Yes, I linked RA card about 3 months ago, but I notice there aren't many offers on S*, and most of coupons/offers you guys mentioned on FW I don't see in my account.  I figure the offers must be different for each person and maybe because I rarely use them they don't give me that many offers. 

niniss said:   
S* is great at RA.

Yes, I linked RA card about 3 months ago, but I notice there aren't many offers on S*, and most of coupons/offers you guys mentioned on FW I don't see in my account.  I figure the offers must be different for each person and maybe because I rarely use them they don't give me that many offers. 

Are you linking offers on Plenti.com?  If you link there then they won't appear on S*.
The dollar amounts vary depending on acct use but generally the same product is available for everyone.  
For example, this past Sunday we got 20+ new offers.  On Oct. 1 we got new General Mills offers.  That's where the $1/4 Progresso came from.

Sunday morning tasks:
1.  Go to Saving Star and activate new offers.  Do this as early as possible because they have limits and if you don't activate early an offer might be "sold out".  Garnier goes quickly.
2.  Go to Plenti.com and activate any new offers.  Usually I don't have any Plenti offers because I activated on S*.
3.  Go to Rite Aid .com and load any new Load2card coupons.

my4mainecoons said:   
niniss said:   
S* is great at RA.

Are you linking offers on Plenti.com?  If you link there then they won't appear on S*.
The dollar amounts vary depending on acct use but generally the same product is available for everyone.  
For example, this past Sunday we got 20+ new offers.  On Oct. 1 we got new General Mills offers.  That's where the $1/4 Progresso came from.

Sunday morning tasks:
1.  Go to Saving Star and activate new offers.  Do this as early as possible because they have limits and if you don't activate early an offer might be "sold out".  Garnier goes quickly.
2.  Go to Plenti.com and activate any new offers.  Usually I don't have any Plenti offers because I activated on S*.
3.  Go to Rite Aid  .com and load any new Load2card coupons.

No, i'm not linking the household offers on Plenti.com, if that's what you mean.  It has to be the fact that I don't frequent Saving* often enough (i check it out only when i read something particular interesting about it in your posts ).   

niniss said:   

No, i'm not linking the household offers on Plenti.com, if that's what you mean.  It has to be the fact that I don't frequent Saving* often enough (i check it out only when i read something particular interesting about it in your posts ).   

Niniss:

A bit of deal hunting advice. Savingstar offers that you clip are often valid for 30-75 days and while no deal for a given item may exist when they are uploaded, it is always a good idea to clip the HBA offers (shampoos, meds, make up, etc). If you don't use them, no harm/no foul, but when a deal does show up, the SStar often makes the deal a MM and can be 'gone' if you go to clip it 3 weeks later when a deal incorporating that offer gets posted.

As Mr. V suggested, just log in on Sunday AM to svgstar and routinely clip all the new offers. That way you have them if you need them at a later date.

DEAL IDEA:
Transaction #1:
Buy 3 Childrens Robitussin – $6.00 each
Buy 2 Dimetapp – $6.00 each
Buy 4 Childrens Benadryl – $4.99 each
Subtotal: $49.96
-(3) $3/1 Robitussin Childrens product, 10/2 RP (#1), exp. 10/09/2016
-(2) $3/1 Dimetapp Childrens product, 10/2 RP (#1), exp. 10/09/2016
-(4) $1/1 BENADRYL or Children’s BENADRYL products (excludes trial size), exp. Varies
Pay: $30.96
Earn 1000 Plenti Points (wyb $30 select products includes Dimetapp/ Childrens Robitussin)
Get 300 Household Points Advil, Childrens Robitussin or Childrens Dimetapp exp. 10/9/2016

Transaction #2 (Next Day)
Buy 2 Childrens Benadryl – $4.99 each
Subtotal: $9.98
-(2) $1/1 BENADRYL or Children’s BENADRYL products (excludes trial size), exp. Varies
Pay: $7.98 Plenti Points from Transaction #1
Earn 1000 Plenti Points (wyb $25 select products includes Benadryl/Band-Aid)
Get $25 Toys R Us /Babies R Us Gift Card  http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/...
as low as FREE + $9.06 Money Maker

MISTERCHEAP said:   
As Mr. V suggested, just log in on Sunday AM to svgstar and routinely clip all the new offers. That way you have them if you need them at a later date.

Actually it is as my4mainecoons suggested (but, of course, I agree)...

MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Actually it is as my4mainecoons suggested (but, of course, I agree)...

LOL, yes, it was Maine. as I was saying, as My4MaineCoons suggested....

my4mainecoons said:   Sunday morning tasks:

I don't know exactly what time L2C coupons are available, but I suspect you want to do that first. Savingstar offers are not available until 5am eastern. And yes, Garnier and other popular offers will be gone by 10am, often earlier.

I would also suggest going to Red Plum/Smartsource Shoplocal sites and printing whatever coupons you want/need at 1am eastern. Sadly, you won't really know what the great deals are (for RP coupons) until you see what S* offers come out.

I did the transaction that MisterC listed above, with the addition of the Thermacare email coupon from RA.  Be aware that the gold price of my Thermacare was $5.91 each.  Now I need 19¢ more to get the $10 points deal.  I may get the kid's robitussin that will be free with coupon and saving*.  Anybody know the cheapest thing that will qualify?

my4mainecoons said:   
Not a piping hot deal but Progresso soup is looking good this week.  They're on sale 4/$5.  There's $1/4 ip on coupons dot com.  There's a $1 back wyb 4 on S*.  There's 200PP wyb 4.
I think that comes out to 25¢/can.

Is that a monthly PP deal? I don't see it in the weekly flyer. Then again, I haven't looked at the store to see if it's on the shelf tags. 

Edit: Nevermind. It may not be in my ad, but I can see the PP deal on the RA web site when searching on Progresso.

Note also the same $1/4 coupon is available as a L2C, so you don't even have to print it.

briarycliffs said:   I did the transaction that MisterC listed above, with the addition of the Thermacare email coupon from RA.  Be aware that the gold price of my Thermacare was $5.91 each.  Now I need 19¢ more to get the $10 points deal.  I may get the kid's robitussin that will be free with coupon and saving*.  Anybody know the cheapest thing that will qualify?

Note that the Kids Dimetapp and the Kids Robitussin are the same S* deal, so you can only do it once. A better choice might be the Centrum if you still have the S* on that. $6.99 minus $4 MQ - $1 S* is only $1.99.
And one glitch (at least in my case) that I just noticed is that the S* offer on the Thermacare is only $1, not the $3 value of the 300 PP. That plus the need to supplement the purchases due to the Thermacare under-value makes this barely break even, not including the sales tax on the Thermacare.

melachri said:   
briarycliffs said:   I did the transaction that MisterC listed above, with the addition of the Thermacare email coupon from RA.  Be aware that the gold price of my Thermacare was $5.91 each.  Now I need 19¢ more to get the $10 points deal.  I may get the kid's robitussin that will be free with coupon and saving*.  Anybody know the cheapest thing that will qualify?

Note that the Kids Dimetapp and the Kids Robitussin are the same S* deal, so you can only do it once. A better choice might be the Centrum if you still have the S* on that. $6.99 minus $4 MQ - $1 S* is only $1.99.
And one glitch (at least in my case) that I just noticed is that the S* offer on the Thermacare is only $1, not the $3 value of the 300 PP. That plus the need to supplement the purchases due to the Thermacare under-value makes this barely break even, not including the sales tax on the Thermacare.

Just realized another variant. If you are "trapped" by either the $1 value of the S* deal on Thermacare or the $5.91 gold price of Thermacare, you can substitute two more of any of the other items (Dimetapp, Robitussin, etc). You'll get credit for the full $12 (not the $11.82 with Thermacare), and you can use two more $3 MQs. Those two MQs are the same value as the $3 MQ on two Thermacare plus the 300 PP on two Thermacare (and $2 more than the $1 Thermacare S*). Or you could swap in a Centrum at $6.99 for either of the extra Robitussin/Dimetapp/whatever and come out even further ahead if you still have that $1 S* available.

Here's what I plan to do tomorrow:

2 Adult Robitussin at $6 each, minus two MQs at $3 each
1 Childs Robitussin at $6 minus one MQ at $3
1 Advil Sinus Congestion at $6 minus one MQ at $3
1 Centrum at $6.99 minus one MQ at $4

Net OOP of $14.99

Total S* value of $10 ($3 each from adult Robitussin, child Robitussin, Advil plus $1 on Centrum)
Plus $10 in PP

Net MM of $5.01 (not including sales tax)

Of course this only works if you didn't already start the deal with the Thermacare. (sorry briarycliffs)

billrubin said:   
my4mainecoons said:   Sunday morning tasks:

I don't know exactly what time L2C coupons are available, but I suspect you want to do that first. Savingstar offers are not available until 5am eastern. And yes, Garnier and other popular offers will be gone by 10am, often earlier.

I would also suggest going to Red Plum/Smartsource Shoplocal sites and printing whatever coupons you want/need at 1am eastern. Sadly, you won't really know what the great deals are (for RP coupons) until you see what S* offers come out.

Since I don't wake up until after 5AM I load S* first. 
I completely ignore L2c fairly often.  New L2c don't seem to be on a schedule like S* is.
Insert coupons are often higher value than L2c.

MrCheap, my4mainecoons, MrV, and all the others who chimed in. Thanks for the sound advice. So the Savingstar updates once a week on Sunday morning? If so i will try to log in on Sundays. But i do find all this "deal hunting" can be stressful and time consuming. Hopefully next year I don't have to shop for my mom any more so i don't have to worry about all this.

Well now I have another issue.  The Robitussin I bought, DM Max berry flavor, didn't work for the s*.  I did, however, get $3 s* for Thermacare.  I will probably exchange the Robitussin for the different flavor.  I should have known when the L2C didn't come off on that item, but the paper coupon worked and it rang up for $6.  I don't have the Centrum coupons, either.  I think the ad says any Bayer, so I might try for a small one of those, or it may correct itself when I return/rebuy.

briarycliffs said:   Well now I have another issue.  The Robitussin I bought, DM Max berry flavor, didn't work for the s*.  I did, however, get $3 s* for Thermacare.  I will probably exchange the Robitussin for the different flavor.  I should have known when the L2C didn't come off on that item, but the paper coupon worked and it rang up for $6.  I don't have the Centrum coupons, either.  I think the ad says any Bayer, so I might try for a small one of those, or it may correct itself when I return/rebuy.

After having a similar situation a while ago, I almost always use the "does this item qualify" function (on the S* app on my phone) while standing in the aisle in the store. That way I know whether what I'm buying will work.

niniss said:   MrCheap, my4mainecoons, MrV, and all the others who chimed in. Thanks for the sound advice. So the Savingstar updates once a week on Sunday morning? If so i will try to log in on Sundays. But i do find all this "deal hunting" can be stressful and time consuming. Hopefully next year I don't have to shop for my mom any more so i don't have to worry about all this.

Niniss,

For the most part, yes, however, new offers can pop up mid week too, as do the 'freebie" items which typically run over  a weekend or for 3 day period only (like a free candy bar or box of muffin mix)

Yes, deal hunting can be time consuming/stressful, ESPECIALLY when things don't go as planned and you have to make return trips or phone calls to get what is due you or to return items.

However, Savingstar is pretty much 'found money' on things you may be buying already and the fact that it often makes deals a MM makes it a good reason to do it. Such that you are actually making some money for all your time and stress versus just getting the item for free.

Good luck.

melachri said:   
And one glitch (at least in my case) that I just noticed is that the S* offer on the Thermacare is only $1, not the $3 value of the 300 PP.

One more update: I just realized that there are TWO S* offers for Thermacare. I had missed that I really do have the $3 offer for 2 Thermacare items. But there's a second one, which I had noticed first, for $1 off Advil or a single Thermacare. And these two deals should stack, making it a total $4 S* return on purchase of 2 packages. (Does anyone else see both deals, and can someone confirm that they stack?)

I'll probably still substitute the Centrum for myself (since that's more useful to me), but it might make the Thermacare version of the deal more attractive for some people.

Skipping 1 Messages...
@niniss -- is the money you're saving by coupon shopping worth the stress?  If not then stop coupon shopping.  Life's too short. 

BUT if the money you're saving is worth it then go to S* today and activate the $4 wyb $15 Purex laundry detergent and anything else there that you haven't activated.
Then go to Plenti site and activate the Partner offer for Purex. 

I activate almost everything.  The only things I skip are the pie filling, Little Debbie and last month's dog stuff.
Are you receiving emails from S*?  They send emails when they put up new offers.
Sunday morning I activate before the email arrives but other times the first I know of a new offer is via email.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017