APC Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BE350G) - 350VA 6-outlet Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) 30.00

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
APC Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BE350G) - 350VA 6-outlet Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001985SWW

•  

• Battery backup with surge protector provides guaranteed power for desktop computers, wireless networks, gaming consoles and other electronics

• Supplies battery backup power during outages and unsafe voltage fluctuations, as well as protection from damaging surges and spikes

• ENERGY STAR certified for uninterruptible power supply

• Three-year warranty with $75,000 equipment protection policy

Member Summary

APC Battery Backup & Surge Protector
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Although the page says it is sold out, I was able to select it from the "All Buying Options" page.

Also available:
APC BE600M1 Back-UPS 600VA 7-outlet https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FWAZEIU $45
APC Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BE750G) - 750VA 10-outlet https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z80ICM $60

Good price but not great for a PC, because there is no USB port to sense the battery state, so a PC can't automatically shut down when the UPS battery is about to run out.

Seller info in the title would have been nice.

ahallfatwallett said:   Good price but not great for a PC, because there is no USB port to sense the battery state, so a PC can't automatically shut down when the UPS battery is about to run out.
  With this size unit, that would be about thirty seconds.

I see they have a few APC products for lightning deal. Thanks for the heads up, in for a UPS.

In for one, thanks OP.

These are great for things like fish tank pumps, CPAP machines, your DVR, your television, your AV receiver, or your modem and router. Laugh all you want, but when the power goes out at my place, I am still watching cat videos on YouTube. 

Granted, this won’t keep anything running for terribly long, but it WILL absorb power sags and brief power outages, which will prevent your gear from flipping on/off/on/off/on/off/on, which will help it last longer...

ahallfatwallett said:   Good price but not great for a PC, because there is no USB port to sense the battery state, so a PC can't automatically shut down when the UPS battery is about to run out.

Only the BE350G. The other units do have USB port and you can use the powerchute software to shut down the computer.

or just buy a Teslsa battery backup and power EVERYTHING. no need for USB. it would be great, but doubt we will see any FW deals on them soon

For those of you displeased with the price/utility for the 350VA unit, how about $59.99 for a 750VA via that same link?   Oh and then those of you whom want it, get your USB port. 

I did a quick FW search for past deals on BE750G and while this isn't as hot as the OD $30 deal from a few months back, for those who missed out on it and/or are in the market for one, $99 seems to be the "going rate" so I think $59.99 isn't a bad deal.    Nice find OP but maybe add the 750VA for $59.99 too!

woowoo2 said:   

Probably longer than that.  Even so, a hard shut-down without warning could corrupt your data.  So this just isn't a good choice for a PC.

If you have a monster graphics card or something, your PC might consume over 100 watts at idle.  At 200 watts, it's supposed to last two minutes.  But all of my PC towers idle at 30 watts or less, so in my case, I'd get about 30 minutes out of the battery.

But still useful for the other 20 out of 24 hours a day you're in front of your computer.

For anything concerning long-term power while you have an outage, you are probably looking at a home generator. A UPS will generally give you more time and features the more money you are willing to throw at them. For me, just having a unit to deal with the occasional two-second blackouts is enough.

IMO these are more than useless. I hardly lose power, so when I do the battery of this thing is dead. Anything plug to it is practically shut down right away when the power is out (annoy me enough that I test when the power come back).

Use as powerstrip is bad too, it drain power without load and without the battery. I remove the battery so it doesn't have to charge the battery but see it still drain power.

Anyway, I am saying this from all my experience with these 300VA from a few years back. So maybe they have improve, either way it's still not worth it to me. Would be a waste of $30.

My cheap solution is car battery with inverter. Enough to power computers for a much longer run time, unplug so the charger doesn't kill the battery and if need can put into my car.

woowoo2 said:   

QFT.

10char

Seems not available now.

Do Your Research First!

anyone recommend it?

These tend to be pretty good, but don't expect more than 5-10 minutes of run time because the battery is small.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017