• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Toshiba - Canvio 3TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black $69.99 at bestbuy.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Toshiba - Canvio 3TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black
$69.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-canvio-3tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6914041.p?skuId=6914041

Back up the data on your PC or Mac with this Toshiba Canvio external hard drive, which features a 3TB capacity for ample storage space and a USB 3.0 interface for flexible connectivity and speedy transfers.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

20% of the reviews on Amazon gave it one star due to total failure in 2-6 weeks of purchase.

Toshiba hard drives are horrible IMHO, would only give them as a present to my worst enemy.

Be aware this is a "desktop" drive, not a "portable" one. The upshot being, it's larger/heavier and can't run on USB power only. It requires a separate power adapter (included).

I've had good luck with the portable Canvio drive I own, which a 2TB. But of course, that's a different HDD product line inside the case.

I can't speak for this specific drive, but according to the studies by BackBlaze, Toshiba has some of the most reliable drives on the market, next to HGST.  That being said, the 3TB raw drive is rated one of the worst, so....

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/ 

UPDATE: THE DATA WAS INCONCLUSIVE ON THIS SPECIFIC DRIVE.  OVERALL, TOSHIBA DRIVES ARE GIVING THEM VERY GOOD RESULTS.

Actually, if you read thru BackBlaze's scientific analysis of HD vendors, Toshiba makes some durn good drives.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017