• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History

Posted with ToGo

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G (GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD)

Amazon has the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB Video Card for $249.00 - $20 MIR = $229.00 with free shipping! Received 4/5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

• 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5
  • Core Clock OC Mode: 1582 MHz
  • Gaming Mode: 1556 MHz
  • Boost Clock OC Mode: 1797 MHz
  • Gaming Mode: 1771 MHz
  • 2 x Dual-link DVI-D 1 x HDMI 2.0b 1 x DisplayPort 1.4
  • 1280 CUDA Cores
  • PCI Express 3.0 x16

Received 4/5 stars based on 68 customer reviews on product page. Also, rated #1 Best Seller in Computer Graphics Cards

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Been on the fence about these 1000 series cards. Upon release, I originally thought "Dang, what a deal! I think the 1060 is the way to go!". But really, now I am starting to think 1070 might be the way to go. It is cheaper than the most recent standard of 980 Ti and outperforms. The 1060 is much cheaper than 980 Ti, but does not outperform. Leads one to wonder if it will be obsolete for VR in the coming year. But who knows. Great deal for the 1060, but I would cry if they came out with a game (Skyrim VR??) that my new GPU could not support.

1060 is for mid-range. And I agree, I'm not sold on the price on these. You do get a notable jump going to 1070.

Just for a comparison point:

My friend bought the 1070 founder's edition. It barely scrapes by at 4k in Overwatch on medium settings. He ended up buying a second to SLI and now it plays solidly at 4k on extreme settings.

If you need 4k, just get the 1080. If you want eye candy at 1080p for any modern game, and possibly the next full year, buy the 1070. If you play lower end modern games or high end older games and want 1080p goodness then get the 1060 6GB. If you just want to play basic stuff, and support low res VR, the 1060 3GB should work for you.

I am still using a low end 960 and I can play overwatch at 1080p on extreme without a glitch. I own a Vive and so far so good...no major issues. However, I haven't played many high end games...which is why I am well versed in the 1000 series...I want to upgrade as soon as the kabylake desktop CPUs hit market.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016