This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Plus HSS Electric Guitar (Mystic Black) - $799.99 FS @ Adorama

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Plus HSS Electric Guitar Mystic Black
Disclaimer
Adorama has the Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Plus HSS Electric Guitar (Mystic Black)  on sale for $799.99 with free shipping

Deal Editor Notes: Having played this model of guitar many times, I can personally attest to this being of superior quality to guitars usually in this price range. This is not a Strat for the purist but anyone else should enjoy it if they like this style of guitar. We have seen this price for awhile since Adorama has been blowing these out for a few months. The colors go in and out of stock and the deal ends temporarily, but we have never seen this any cheaper. 

• Right-Handed
  • Alder Body
  • 9.5 to 14" Coupound Radius Neck
  • Neck Finish - Satin Urethane Finish
  • Rosewood Fingerboard
  • 22 Frets
  • Noiseless N3 Single-Coil Strat and Twin Head Humbucker
  • 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
  • 100% Solderless Electronics; Interchangeable Personality Cards Allow Plug and Play Strat Modifications

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Products is $1,119.99 from Zzounds.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Newbie here. Any difference between this and the $349 other than cosmetic?

Fender Stratacoustic Stratocaster Headstock Acoustic Guitar, 21 Frets, C Shape Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, Fishman Preamp with Built-In Tuner, Active Pickup, Black
SKU: FE967300006 MFR: 0967300006
(12 reviews)

ASK a Question

Our Price
$349.99

Electric vs. acoustic.

If you dont want/need the humbucker and wiring gimmicks they have the standard MIM strat at Adorama for $599 not on sale. This is a lower end pro level guitar at a mid bottom price.  
The OP guitar might be good, but i'm leary of the wiring gimmickry- But made in USA workmanship and a hard case is hard to beat.  

bendlaw1 said:   If you dont want/need the humbucker and wiring gimmicks they have the standard MIM strat at Adorama for $599 not on sale. This is a lower end pro level guitar at a mid bottom price.  
The OP guitar might be good, but i'm leary of the wiring gimmickry- But made in USA workmanship and a hard case is hard to beat.  

The wiring on the inside isn't anything to worry about and the pickups use the new solderless design so you can even change stuff out much easier than in the past. Kinda like plug and play.  Also the cards can be interesting as for quick wiring changes if you like to try new things (not the purpose of a strat historically, but still fun).  I've seen the inside and unless you are swinging your guitar around like an axe I don't think you'll have to worry about the wiring breaking in any way.  Also Paying $600 for a MIM strat is paying absolutely full price. You would want to dig for the $450 range or less otherwise it's not really worth it to go MIM, unless you want one of the fancy new colors from this past year, then you will pay around $600 until they go on blowout everywhere like these guitars did.

The amount better the neck plays on this MIA (made in America) vs the average MIM (made in Mexico) strat is night and day. Not worth it to most people when they are at their usual price of $1100-$1300 but totally worth the stretch of a couple extra $200 when compared to the $500-$600 MIM stuff.  I own both and worked in a guitar shop and have played 100's of strats and If you can swing it, you'll never regret it.  

Also the 2-point tremolo bridge is really nice compared to the 6 point MIM bridges if you like using the whammy bar. Straight out of the case the trem doesn't take the strings out of tune like most poorly set up Strat trems do. N3's are a welcome pickup for a lot of off and on again strat players especially for those who could never quite blank out the 60 cycle hum of single coils.

The new wiring is why this guitar is cheaper, and the neck on my 2000 MIM strat is not that much different than my 98 MIA strat. Will this guitar hold its value? Who knows? The Min-E tune Gibsons did not. If it were me Id by a used MIA strat from the 90s and get EMG pickups and sperziel tuners for the same money.

bendlaw1 said:   The new wiring is why this guitar is cheaper, and the neck on my 2000 MIM strat is not that much different than my 98 MIA strat. Will this guitar hold its value? Who knows? The Min-E tune Gibsons did not. If it were me Id by a used MIA strat from the 90s and get EMG pickups and sperziel tuners for the same money.

This is true as far as 2000 MIM (Made in Mexico) strat vs 98 MIA (Made in America) strat. 2000 was a golden era for MIM Fender stuff or so I have read in forums. It was shortly after a fire burned out their factory, people say the guitars for a couple years were much higher quality. I think it had to do with using the American factory for some stuff or they retooled and it was better, I can't remember. I'd have to dig that up. 

However the way they do necks now on MIA Fender stuff is much nicer than than the 90's stuff IMO. Not to say there is anything wrong with 90's MIA Fender, just I like the new appointments they are doing on recent MIA stuff. They have changed the necks ever so slightly to be thinner and they don't put gloss on them now, at least not this model and others. I would say this blows away the quality of MIM Fender stuff now. I worked in Guitar Center for 3 years and played so many and the MIA stuff is just night and day vs MIM now. This guitar also has the new contour neck which is not like any strat until the last few years. Regular at the 1st fret (9.5" radius), flatter than a Gibson after the 12th (14" radius). Basically awesome low fret chording feel and great high note soloing feel, but that is just in general and highly subjective to the player.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017