• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
 DetailsGet a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $50 or more online at subscribe.washingtonpost.com by 12/28/2016. See terms for exclusions.TermsOffer valid on online yearly subscriptions, reprints and permissions and gift subscriptions only. Includes purchases via mobile app. 

www.americanexpress.com 

Member Summary

Washington Post (42.22kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Newspapers are in trouble when I could get this for free and I don't even want to take the time.  

rated:
cyfan said:   Newspapers are in trouble when I could get this for free and I don't even want to take the time.  

worth if for the coupon inserts alone.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
cyfan said:   Newspapers are in trouble when I could get this for free and I don't even want to take the time.  

Except the delivery is only in DC area.  

Also I don't see any good promos that would make this actually free.  The digital edition is either $100+ or $9.99 for 6 months under a promo.  Either way the amex credit is pretty useless.  

Is there an offer that would let you pay $50 for x amount of time so the amex offer is useful?

rated:
russ0519 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Also I don't see any good promos that would make this actually free.  The digital edition is either $100+ or $9.99 for 6 months under a promo.  Either way the amex credit is pretty useless.  

Is there an offer that would let you pay $50 for x amount of time so the amex offer is useful?

Naturally I meant delivery areas. Sometimes there is a Sunday only delivery option. Can't say on the digital formats, but if you are an avid reader of this paper, still a good offer in general.

rated:
For digital access, I'm only seeing $99 for 52 weeks.

rated:
I don't have the offer on my Amex cards. This is a YMMV offer right?

Might work for local delivery if you're already a subscriber or want to sign up for a year.
Sunday rates are Only 79¢/week for the first 12 weeks then just $2.65 every week Or just $39.99/year
Daily rates: Only $1.79/week for the first 12 weeks then just $10.75 every week Or just $89.99/year

rated:
BrianGa said:   For digital access, I'm only seeing $99 for 52 weeks.

try putting in a zip code (maybe outside the delivery area).  Eventually I got a pop up offering the digital edition for $9.99 for 6 months I think.  

rated:
russ0519 said:   
BrianGa said:   For digital access, I'm only seeing $99 for 52 weeks.

try putting in a zip code (maybe outside the delivery area).  Eventually I got a pop up offering the digital edition for $9.99 for 6 months I think.  

But this offer needs to be a single purchase of $50 or more.

rated:
awesome deal for Washingtonians

rated:
Unsubscribed from this rag 12 years ago and haven't looked back. I wouldn't re-up even if they put a $1 bill inside each issue.

rated:
russ0519 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Per the terms (below), this is NOT valid for print subscriptions. I wonder what they mean by "gift subscriptions"? I guess if you lived in the delivery area you could just gift the subscription to yourself. To me this offer is useless even though it is 100% back.

Terms

Offer valid on online yearly subscriptions, reprints and permissions and gift subscriptions only. Includes purchases via mobile app. Not valid on print subscriptions. Excludes online Post Store, Photo Store, E-replica, and Front Page Reprints. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/28/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by

rated:
If you could split-tender $50 on to each card that got the offer, this would be pretty good.

rated:
Six months free for Amazon Prime members. 3.99/month after. Paid through Amazon so not eligible for the Amex offer.

rated:
There's a $9.99/26 weeks digital promo floating around. But it would be nice to get this to $50 somehow, and net free. Anyone make this work?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017