Member Summary

laptop (293.85kB)
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
***10/25/16***

Now $299.99, still a good deal
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
its not bad. People on here will criticize the network card and the hard drive, though.

rated:
Silverthunder said:   its not bad. People on here will criticize the network card and the hard drive, though.

HD is fine to me, but I think everything should have Gig ethernet if it is going to have a jack nowadays

rated:
I'll criticize Dell in general.  Please: for your own sanity: buy a Mac.  Even a used Mac (~$400 on eBay) is better than this machine.....

rated:
kenblakely said:   I'll criticize Dell in general.  Please: for your own sanity: buy a Mac.  Even a used Mac (~$400 on eBay ) is better than this machine.....
Is it fair to compare Windows laptop vs Mac laptop? $279 vs $400?

rated:
My first computer was a Dell and except for a few years wit a Compaq PC I got for FREE from FreePC.com (they thought selling ads on PC would be enough), it's been Dell desktops ever since. In spring 2015 I got a Dell XPS 13, and the keyboard had to replaced. The battery didn't last half of what reviews said (though I could never figure out why... Running Youtube videos was a lot less intensive). Then the screen died about half a year after warranty ended, about a year and a hal of inconsistent usage. It really broke my trust. (My desktop finally died at about 10 years old.) Repairing it would cost almost the whole thing.

I suggest getting a cheap extended warranty (your credit card may offer an extra year. And not expecting to use it for long after warranty ends.

rated:
make you a deal..you buy what YOU want and we will buy what we want,,what are you an apple sales rep.

rated:
kenblakely said:   I'll criticize Dell in general.  Please: for your own sanity: buy a Mac.  Even a used Mac (~$400 on eBay ) is better than this machine.....
  Whats a Mac?

rated:
https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/HP-Notebook-15-ay091ms-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.2855526900

Is this better? HP 15.6" touch, I3, 8gig ram, 1 tb Hd

$320 with being a M$ rewards member

rated:
scabreena said:   https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/HP-Notebook-15-ay091ms-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.2855526900 

Is this better? HP 15.6" touch, I3, 8gig ram, 1 tb Hd

$320 with being a M$ rewards member

Getting 4gb memory for $40 is a good deal... for you

rated:
At this point, I would suggest avoiding an i3 processor, that includes all flavors of AMD's processors too. i3's just fall flat when doing anything other than the very basics. Spend another couple hundred bucks, get an i5 with a bit more ram. It'll be worth the payoff.

rated:
$40 for touch and 4gig ram up to u

rated:
drray said:   $40 for touch and 4gig ram up to u
  Read what you wrote, please decipher it and repost

rated:
drray said:   $40 for touch and 4gig ram up to u
  Better battery too....

rated:
that guy sounded like an apple employee

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016