The Economist Magazine 1-Yr. Subscription - $74.99 AC @ DiscountMags

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

The Economist Magazine - DiscountMags.com
Disclaimer
DiscountMags has The Economist Magazine 1-Yr. Subscription on sale for $119.00 - $44.01 with coupon code "FATWALLET" = $74.99 with free shipping. This magazine received 4.9/5 stars based on 34 DiscountMags customer reviews. 

The Economist is an authoritative weekly magazine with a global focus on business and politics. Each issue offers extensive coverage of international news, politics, market and financial analysis, current events from around the world, and the latest science and technology advances that can change our world. This magazine subscription is filled with quality analysis and opinion pieces from award winning writers.

Member Summary
The Economist does not censor any of George Carlin's dirty words.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for the deal, but wanted to share an anecdote as it relates to this. I LOVE The Economist, but found they no longer participate in "mags for miles" or whatever your airline likes to call their program that trades airlines miles for magazine subscriptions. Having to contend for the first time with paying in hard cash for my beloved Economist, I happened upon my local library's Zinio for Libraries offering. This gives me access to The Economist and a host of many other magazines directly to my device through the Zinio app. I've been enjoying the user experience of reading on my iPad, appreciate that I don't have a hard dollar expense (outside my taxes that fund the library) for the subscription, and that I won't have 17 paper copies stacked-up on my coffee tables anymore. This has been working great for me, but if you like the experience of a paper copy to get away from the terrible glowing screens that rule us, this is also a great price for a FANTASTIC magazine.

Hands down the most intelligent and unbiased source for news/analysis of all kinds (not just business/economics).

Every Fatwalleter should be reading this publication.

Ugh! I just renewed last night. I wonder if I can cancel that..

ArmchairArchitect said:   Hands down the most intelligent and unbiased source for news/analysis of all kinds (not just business/economics).

And do the quiz for each issue:  http://www.economist.com/economist-quiz  

They've made it a lot easier than it was 10-20 years ago.

Works for 3 year subscription as well for $224.97!

pantelones said:   Green for the deal, but wanted to share an anecdote as it relates to this. I LOVE The Economist, but found they no longer participate in "mags for miles" or whatever your airline likes to call their program that trades airlines miles for magazine subscriptions. Having to contend for the first time with paying in hard cash for my beloved Economist, I happened upon my local library's Zinio for Libraries offering. This gives me access to The Economist and a host of many other magazines directly to my device through the Zinio app. I've been enjoying the user experience of reading on my iPad, appreciate that I don't have a hard dollar expense (outside my taxes that fund the library) for the subscription, and that I won't have 17 paper copies stacked-up on my coffee tables anymore. This has been working great for me, but if you like the experience of a paper copy to get away from the terrible glowing screens that rule us, this is also a great price for a FANTASTIC magazine.
Wow. You just saved me $75/year (or more). I had subscribed with Mags for Miles in the past, but let it lapse once I couldn't any more. I just was able to download using Zinio from my library.

The Zinio app isn't as good as the Economist app, but I'll take it.
Thanks, pantelones!

Thanks for the Zinio tip! Reading right now

BTW, the subscription is only for print. Though I have asked Economist to change it from a print to a digital and they have obliged.

I got this for free from RewardSurvey prior

I believe this is also for "new subscriptions only" --- no renewals?

pantelones said:   Green for the deal, but wanted to share an anecdote as it relates to this. I LOVE The Economist, but found they no longer participate in "mags for miles" or whatever your airline likes to call their program that trades airlines miles for magazine subscriptions. Having to contend for the first time with paying in hard cash for my beloved Economist, I happened upon my local library's Zinio for Libraries offering. This gives me access to The Economist and a host of many other magazines directly to my device through the Zinio app. I've been enjoying the user experience of reading on my iPad, appreciate that I don't have a hard dollar expense (outside my taxes that fund the library) for the subscription, and that I won't have 17 paper copies stacked-up on my coffee tables anymore. This has been working great for me, but if you like the experience of a paper copy to get away from the terrible glowing screens that rule us, this is also a great price for a FANTASTIC magazine.
Wow, I'm note sure if the green goes to OP or Pantelones for adding this.  My "Mags For Miles" subscription ending earlier this year and I've been looking for a deal to re-subscribe.  $75 would have done it, but free can't be beat!!! I just set up my account now, and am flipping through The Economist on the iPad right now.  Thanks!  

ArmchairArchitect said:   Hands down the most intelligent and unbiased source for news/analysis of all kinds (not just business/economics).

I love the Economist, but they make it pretty clear that are not unbiased.  Not just Fatwallet-er, but society at large would be better if everyone read Economist.    

Sooo.. How do I do this through my library? I don't see it on NYPL.

Dinkoh said:   

I love the Economist, but they make it pretty clear that are not unbiased.  Not just Fatwallet-er, but society at large would be better if everyone read Economist.    

I wish there was a major American political party that reflected the values of the Economist. Socially progressive, fiscally conservative, non-isolationist/free trade, with government having a necessary-but-not-all-encompassing purpose.

Sigh.

NYPL is not a Zinio member, but the Queens Library is.  You can get a Queens Library card online if you are a NYS resident, so you're covered!

got it

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017