• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Walmart (57.68kB)
Disclaimer
Walmart is having a Warehouse Clear Out  with savings in all departments. Opt for free in-store pickup to avoid $5.97 shipping cost. Shipping is free on orders over $50 or you can sign up for a ShippingPass and pay $49/year to receive unlimited 2-day shipping.  

Save big on home improvement items like this Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier (FAD704DWD) that's on sale for $219.00. That's $50.88 off the regular price plus it's the lowest price today by $31. Amazon and most merchants on Google Shopping have this dehumidifier listed for $249.99. It's highly rated with 4.5 out 5 stars from 3987 Walmart customer reviews. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I may be a curmudgeon, but it really seems like every item is at list price, with a "list price" that is twice of list for comparison. I just don't really see many deals.

rated:
I used to work for WalMart and here is what we'd do.

1. SLOWLY raise the price of an item until it was at a level that was a little above the market price.

2. Then, in a showy way, "SLASH" the price to a level that was slightly less than the market price so our customers would go, "Wow! Look how much they lowered the price, let's stock up!"

rated:
Yawn...Nothing to see here folks.

rated:
yep... WalMart playing games . but cant fool FW

rated:
soundtechie said:   I may be a curmudgeon, but it really seems like every item is at list price, with a "list price" that is twice of list for comparison. I just don't really see many deals.
  ​Yes, I too noticed that a lot of items were priced at list price. If you see an item you want you should definitely do a quick price comparison like I did for the dehumidifier listed above. Also, keep in mind that WalMart will price match if you find it cheaper somewhere else.

rated:
I would argue than instead of doing a bunch of work trying to find prices they aren't screwing around with, don't give them any of your business. I only shop at WalMart when there is no other option.

rated:
Haha, WalMart is funny. This hanging chaise lounger was listed at $10 less just a week or so ago.

rated:
Only buy when you know the price is worth it !!!! Don't be a WalMart guy !!!!

rated:
While I could use another dehumidifier, the $200-ish price is a bit "regular".

One of the 70-pint dehumidifiers was listed on Brickseek a few weeks back, for $100, but only at one local area wally world store.
Brickseek showed  like $210 for every other local wally world.
Not sure if it was this model or not, as wally has 2 different 70-pint models.

I guess I should fire up brickseek and enter the WalMart SKU for both 70-pint models.
Hopefully more of my local wally's have reduced their instore price of the 70-pint unit to the $100 level.[like the one local store did]
[Side note: sometimes the one or two store showing a big price reduction on brickseek means a price reduction is coming soon to other wally stores. But not always right away.
Earlier this spring a couple local wally's stores discounted a $199 eureka vacuum to $45. Watched/tracked it all summer and it took 4 months for the $45 clearance price to hit the remaining wally stores in my area. Luckily I scored one, as my old vacuum broke. Usually clearance prices sweep through all of my local wally stores within 1-2 months. ] 

In any case I was at my local area Kmart recently and scored a 30-pint for about $65 on clearance, after using points ( used $15 worth of SYWR points).  Unit was priced as $80.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016