• Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

impact (53.14kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
These Ryobi tools have been around a very long time. I own quite a few. I first purchased a huge-piece-set that had nicad batteries. After a short year or so they were all but about useless so I saw a great deal on another small kit with a drill and batteries. Bought that. Had an additional charger and good batteries on top of the older ones that did not hold a very good charge. After a year or so you guessed it. Batteries are crap. This time they had the Lithium Ion kits. Got some upgraded tools and two batteries. These batteries lasted quite some time but one had issues. Getting ryobi to actually warranty anything is impossible so with several batteries that didn't hold a charge long and a good lion battery I was ok but had decided not to buy any more. See, my brother, a home builder, has several of those Dewalt nicad powered tools. Years of use and abuse and they are going strong. You get what you pay for. In the time since I found a 2 pack of lion batteries in the store for $30 so I pulled the trigger and have weeded out the dead nicads. It seems that three lion batteries that work as expected and two good chargers is all I really need. So all in all I am happy although I wish I had spent my time, effort, and money on better equipment. After all, I'm just a homeowner that only really needs these things on occasion......... and on occasion they must be reliable. A trait I have not found to ring too true with Ryobi.

rated:
I don't buy Ryobi for the tools necessarily, but everything else. Their lanterns, work lights, fans, 1-gal chemical sprayer, blower have all treated me well. The only "tool" would be the Pole Saw we just got from them, and I have no complaints on that, aside from maybe a larger hole to fill the chain oil.

I don't know any homeowners that need a 1/2" impact wrench anyway, maybe a driver, but not wrench.

This only comes with ONE battery (the title indicated more than 1), which the only reason I would consider buying this tool is two 4ah batteries

rated:
I bought the wrench to work on my car, change tires and brakes, repairs, just anything where I need to loosen a nut.

rated:
The tool is quite bulky though. You really should be using impact sockets as well. Two batteries would have been the draw for me as well. One kills it a bit.

rated:
My impact driver came with 2 2ah batteries, but for this tool, you want the 4ah battery. 3 batteries is more than enough battery for me.

Unless they come out with a 6 ah battery.

rated:
bdjr76 said:   My impact driver came with 2 2ah batteries, but for this tool, you want the 4ah battery. 3 batteries is more than enough battery for me.

Unless they come out with a 6 ah battery.

I think there is video from Australia of 5ah Ryobi batteries there. Here is a brief reference to them as well

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016