• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Apple AirPort Extreme Wireless Base Station (Refurbished) 
$99.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/airport-geek-squad-certified-refurbished-extreme-wireless-base-station/3789002.p?id=1219093519519&skuId=3789002 

Best Buy has the Apple AirPort Extreme Wireless Base Station (Refurbished) on sale for $99.99 with free shipping. Received 4.3/5 stars based on 145 customer reviews.

• Simultaneous dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz: data rates of up to 1300 + 450 Mbps
  • Three Gigabit Ethernet ports
  • Six-element beamforming antenna array
  • Easy setup with Macs and iOS devices
  • 512 Ram

Compare at Amazon for $159.95 with 4.4/5 stars based on 158 customer reviews.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks Dizzy!

rated:
I have one and it has NEVER worked correctly....worthless at best.

rated:
belgique said:   I have one and it has NEVER worked correctly....worthless at best.
  I have 2 of these and they work great. Just picked up another one to fill in a gap upstairs. Great deal!

rated:
That's three you invested in. Couldn't a high end router like a Linksys AC5400 take care of it alone? I hear good things about that router.
A little off topic sorry.
This apple extreme base station is great as a router for this price but not adequate to cover a full house.

rated:
qUAan said:   That's three you invested in. Couldn't a high end router like a Linksys AC5400 take care of it alone? I hear good things about that router.
This apple extreme base station is great as a router for this price but not adequate to cover a full house.

Apple router is probably not the latest, greatest thing, but it is very reliable.  I do the same thing and have several routers around the house.

rated:
medialink said:   
qUAan said:   That's three you invested in. Couldn't a high end router like a Linksys AC5400 take care of it alone? I hear good things about that router.

Apple router is probably not the latest, greatest thing, but it is very reliable.  I do the same thing and have several routers around the house.

The best wireless router in the wold couldn't cover my entire house all by itself. My garage is detached from my house, so I have a long ethernet cable connecting my main Time Capsule to an Airport Extreme in my garage. This feeds wifi all the way to the alley. I have an airport express in my livingroom that repeats the wireless signal all the way to my front curb. One more airport express repeats the signal upstairs, but those darned stucco walls and ceilings make the signal unreliable. 

I just bout a 2gb powerline ethernet extender which I plan on pairing with this new Airport Extreme to give me a good, clean signal upstairs.

Houses built in 1932 are not very wifi friendly.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016