Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Did I miss that thread on FW ???  

TRACFONE BRING YOUR OWN SMARTPHONE SIM ACTIVATION KIT SALE! $1.00
Valid October 01, 2016 - October 31, 2016

According to the Family Dollar flyer, it started on October 1st , and I saw it a few days ago on HF.

YES, you get a 60mn/90 days card for ONLY $1.00. That's only $4.00 for 1 year !!! 

[careful: make sure the card is listed on the package you are buying - I read some reports of another kit without the card -but, I did not see it]

The package includes:
_ 60mn card
_ Standard & Micro GSM & CDMA sims
_ Nano GSM & CDMA sim

I have no use for those sims, but I bought 9 kits.

I did not have problems, but several people reported some cashiers being suspicious:  $1.00 ???  "it's marked at $29.99"

So, 1st, I bought 2:

1st kit scanned OK, but she could not scan the 2nd.
I paid: $1.07 with tax, then she rang the 2nd OK.

A friend went back a few hours later and bought the last 3. [the pegs can hold only 5 kits.] 

Next day, that store was out.
Another store had 4 on display:
I mumbled something like "Sorry about that, but 'they' need separate receipts."
So, she rang them individually, and no problems.

[don't forget that code 12745 is still working]

[sorry, could not post a picture, but I'm having problem with "my" Internet connection]

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
A dollar an hour, huh? Well maybe your mother will finally break even with her phone sex line. JK - sounds like a good d... (more)

joeparker54 (Oct. 16, 2016 @ 7:19a) |

umm-    that is the activation of the phone, it is not any minutes too it.  

I am glad someone on her warned me.  i bough... (more)

sunsetcliff (Oct. 16, 2016 @ 9:37a) |

the last from HF:
"The cashier showed me an e-mail sent by the corporate office to store managers that the advertised pri... (more)

mikebeets (Oct. 16, 2016 @ 11:39a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal if in stock.... will check tomorrow in Phoenix AZ

The $1 activation kit is in the October flyer, but the package in the flyer doesn't show that a 60-minute airtime card is included. Hopefully I will get lucky

Certainly worth taking a look. Thanks!

1st time I've been back here in weeks and I actually see something that I didn't already know about.

Possibly dead. One post on that other forum (not Howardforums) said corporate sent out an email to pull the product because it was a price mistake. YMMV.

Deal had been mentioned/reported on HoFo and prepaidphonenews.

Tried to buy this yesterday and was shot down by cashier.  Ask to check price and CC terminal displayed $1.20. Don't know if cashier manually overrode the price or what, but told me my total was $33 something. CC terminal displayed product description with $19.99 but a price of $29.99.

Bought 4 of those at 4 pm, South Jersey.

I saw that notice about pulling it out, but it was posted earlier that day.

Yes, YMMV

My Internet connection is soooo slow, I cannot post image, but:

They were in middle/top of the display

packages are mostly blue, $29.99 on top left, 4G LTE on right, they read:
-------------------
TRACFONE
BRING YOUR OWN
SMARTPHONE
SIM ACTIVATION KIT

INCLUDES:
No-Contract 90 day plan

3X Talk + Text + Data

You get:
180 mn + 180 Text + 180 MB Data

... + sims
-------------------
It is not the usual card, just the "Airtime PIN". Works the same.

I think to remember that FD has similar deal on Net-10 kit.

Sorry, cannot check it until my connection gets better.

I checked at my local store and asked the clerk about the possibility of additional stock when I didn't find any on the peg. Turns out she had just pulled them all, she had probably 6-7 stacked behind the register, after receiving an email from corporate alerting local stores to the price mistake. If you want this deal, better hurry and hope your local store isn't current on their communications.

pbushff said:   I checked at my local store and asked the clerk about the possibility of additional stock when I didn't find any on the peg. Turns out she had just pulled them all, she had probably 6-7 stacked behind the register, after receiving an email from corporate alerting local stores to the price mistake. If you want this deal, better hurry and hope your local store isn't current on their communications.
  May not matter if not pulled off the shelf. Posts on more than one forum that they are ringing up at the non-price mistake price of $29.99 for the Tracfone kit and $49.99 for the Net 10 kit.

I paid $2.08 on eBay just now. It is worth the extra $1 to not have to run to the store for me. They had many for $4.

sunsetcliff said:   I paid $2.08 on eBay just now. It is worth the extra $1 to not have to run to the store for me. They had many for $4.
  Great deal. But I could not find it on eBay. Do you have a link?

Or is this deal over?

Rang up at full price in Phoenix AZ

Do these have an expiration date to activate by?

The DG close to me  had 1 left rang up at $10 showed them the add which on the back had Net10 ones also $1
They quickly removed all the sale flyers

Yes  DG  not Family    will check out FD   when I hit the food stores tomorrow

TomN said:   
sunsetcliff said:   I paid $2.08 on eBay just now. It is worth the extra $1 to not have to run to the store for me. They had many for $4.
  Great deal. But I could not find it on eBay. Do you have a link?

Or is this deal over?

The ones on eBay are useless, they don't have the 60 min card.

zapjb said:   Do these have an expiration date to activate by?

Supposedly a year from purchase date.

I went to family dollar tonight- the clerk got the manager- the code did not work- he said for me to bring in the flyer. I noticed it wanted to charge me the $1.65 911 fee...PA has one of the highest 911 fees in the country. i wanted the cell to use in case my car breaks down. a cell phone with no service can still call 911 who then can get me a tow truck.

It looks like the ring plus phone has to make do.

on the eBay vendor- i did not post it because i did not think it was allowed... he has sold out of the $2.09 cards. I was the last buyer

sunsetcliff said:   http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-bring-your-own-phone-mini-a... 

best buy has this sale

$1 SIM kits have been around for months at BB and other sellers. No air time on one via link. Old SIM package as new ones indicate top 3 carriers.

tracfone flyer
Disclaimer
Here is the flyer

Ah, I get it now. Just saw that this was posted at the usual suspect "elsewhere" on the 10th. Just didn't notice it here. Well, that's on me.
At this point, it's dead, dead, dead. Anybody that still is able to purchase at $1 should also go buy a scratch off, cause it's their lucky day.

A dollar an hour, huh? Well maybe your mother will finally break even with her phone sex line. JK - sounds like a good deal, thanks OP.

jigsaw1975 said:   Here is the flyer
  umm-    that is the activation of the phone, it is not any minutes too it.  

I am glad someone on her warned me.  i bought 2 on eBay- once i found out it is just an activation- i emailed to cancel...one did cancel.. the other is anyones guess... so thanks to the guys here instead of losing $4.18,  i will lose $2.19 or less.   thanks

Halloween Tracfone
Disclaimer
the last from HF:
"The cashier showed me an e-mail sent by the corporate office to store managers that the advertised price was incorrect. Family Dollar has updated the pricing in their registers"

me
<< I have no use for those sims >>

now, I do - "Halloween Tracfone" [thanks, HF]

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017