Voting History
This handgun MUST ship to the FFL of your choice for pickup

Here ya go... 

Product DescriptionWhat’s in the Box

• Ruger 9E 9MM Black Striker-Fired Pistol
  • One 17-Round Magazine
  • Cable Lock
  • Owner’s Manual

Ruger® SR-Series pistols are perfectly sized to be comfortable and controllable with slim, ergonomic grips and narrow slides. A short reach from the backstrap to the trigger creates a comfort level that will challenge any standard-sized, striker-fired pistol available today. The structurally rigid, recoil-reducing, glass-filled nylon frames and alloy or stainless steel slides combine to create low-maintenance, rugged and reliable handgunsThe Ruger® 9E® is the newest addition to the popular SR-Series line of pistols and features the Essentials - Everything You Need and Nothing You Don’t.

• Features
  • Reversible Backstrap
  • Accessory Rail
  • 3-Dot Sight System
  • Grip Frame
  • Ambidextrous Safety

credit to medic311 @ sd

Moderator Comment: This thread had been placed under moderation to keep thread on topic. — Oct. 15, 2016 @ 1:22am
Member Summary

ruger 9mm (59.41kB)
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting Join for free to remove this ad.

Never owned a handgun. How does the acquisition process work? I see you specify a FFL Dealer at checkout. Do you need a license to carry to buy a gun? Bring it home from the dealer? I'm in New Hampshire, if that matters.

Most online stores have a list of licensed firearms dealers, by zip code or by state. You can use Google to find those lists, too. For a first time purchase, call a few of the listed nearby stores and ask about their fees. In my area, we pay about $25-$30 per handgun.You will need to provide the name, address, and phone number of the local dealer you want the gun shipped to, and the online vendor will need to get a copy of the dealer's federal license directly from the dealer. After the weapon arrives, you'll need to fill in a federal form, that has an optional field for your SSN, or you can put only your last four SSN digits. You'll need a government-issued photo ID, and for handguns you'll have to wait 3 business days before you can actually take possession of the weapon (a "cooling off" period"). No such delay on long arms, typically. A few dealers try to pump up their fees in my area, charging extra fees for ID verification, and a few actually try to add sales tax for out of state purchases!  That's why you need to call the dealer in advance. I recommend, too, before you make your first online purchase, you visit the dealer's store, to be sure you'll be comfortable and safe entering and filling in your paperwork. People don't usually mess with firearms dealers, but if it is in a bad neighborhood, you might feel uncomfortable even parking and walking to your car. FWIW, be aware that you cannot carry a loaded handgun on your person or in your car without a state-issued "carry permit." You can Google the requirements and restrictions online. Also, many areas like government buildings, have further restrictions you MUST abide by.  BTW, this is a pretty good price. Used Glock weapons (typically former police weapons) may be available at similar prices from this vendor or others. There's a search site, Slickguns, that lists daily sales, and also has price comparison tools you could use. Hope this is helpful.  

Thank you AAB -- just what I needed to know. This seems like a good first handgun. My Scout and I have been considering joining a local club to learn to shoot.

In New Hampshire - No license is required to openly carry a firearm while on foot, but to carry of a loaded pistol or revolver in a motor vehicle, openly or concealed, does require a license..  Every state is different but they all require background checks for legal online purchases.  Some states restrict certain guns often due to their magazine capacity.  You need to carefully check local laws - especially if you are in a state where you you frequently cross other state borders. For a novice gun owner, I recommend a revolver over a semi-automatic.  It easier to safely handle as a loaded gun is clealy visible - none of that one in the chamber issue.

Best place to start is to check with that gun range and see if they know of any basic handgun classes. A good class will acquaint you with the laws and help you decide which gun and caliber is best for your needs.

Is this small enough for pocket carry like the .380 model?

No this is a full size handgun, same size as a Glock 17. Most .380 models are smaller in frame size.

17 rounds makes for a big concealed carry gun! A 380 is too small for many men's hands. It's not even fun to practice shoot. Great if you don't want to hit anything farther than 5 feet from you. I carry a Taurus slim 708 9mm with 7 round capacity. Its a comfortable gun to shoot and cheap enough that scratches don't matter.

The Ruger 9E is 27.2 oz while a Taurus slim 780 is only 10.2 oz

wolfgangdieter said:   The Ruger 9E is 27.2 oz while a Taurus slim 780 is only 10.2 oz
  Yes, but that Ruger will go "Bang" every time.
The Taurus?
Well.... ya get what you pay for.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to

Thanks for visiting Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016