• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

ArmorAll HD Dashboard Camera, Black 
$14.99
http://www.staples.com/ArmorAll-HD-Dashboard-Camera-Black/product_2411964 

Buy ArmorAll HD Dashboard Camera, Black at Staples? low price, or read customer reviews to learn more.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Nice price but shipping kills it for me. Closest Staples is 60 miles away.

rated:
So I see it's mounted on the windshield. I mount my GPS there too, but I believe it's technically illegal. Not supposed to have anything obstructing the windshield.

rated:
On Amazon it has only 3 reviewes, all 1 star. I'll skip.

rated:
My cam just broke. In for one to try and update later.

rated:
russ0519 said:   So I see it's mounted on the windshield. I mount my GPS there too, but I believe it's technically illegal. Not supposed to have anything obstructing the windshield.
  If you are pulled over, just tell cop that his dash cam is illegal too.  citizen's arrest FTW.

rated:
dmitryt said:   On Amazon it has only 3 reviewes, all 1 star. I'll skip.
Staples has plenty of reviews too and majority are 1 star.
Avoid.

rated:
This is true for California but not all states in the US. Some cars have their rearview mirror glued to the windshield which may techn. also be in your view..

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
dmitryt said:   On Amazon it has only 3 reviewes, all 1 star. I'll skip.
Staples has plenty of reviews too and majority are 1 star.
Avoid.

  It appears a few of those 1 star reviews were for units sold by a non-Staples seller. I'll report upon receiving and testing it.   

rated:
garycook said:     It appears a few of those 1 star reviews were for units sold by a non-Staples seller. I'll report upon receiving and testing it.   
 

Please do, I have a coworker hunting for a dashcam for his wife. I want to recommend something inexpensive, but also something worthwhile...

rated:
I really like my dashcam ... https://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-A118-Stealth-Dashboard/dp/B00NG...

link is not a deal, just fyi

good form factor, I mounted it top behind mirror, next to ezpass. don't even know its there.

rated:
Depends upon the specific State.

rated:
beezer86 said:   don't even know its there.
Maybe it got stolen?

rated:
russ0519 said:   So I see it's mounted on the windshield. I mount my GPS there too, but I believe it's technically illegal. Not supposed to have anything obstructing the windshield.
  That law varies from state to state. I think in most states it's OK.. check your state for legality. Mounting on dash may be legal everywhere. Unsure

rated:
Price for me is $14.99 now

rated:
beezer86 said:   I really like my dashcam ... https://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-A118-Stealth-Dashboard/dp/B00NG84AT0

link is not a deal, just fyi

good form factor, I mounted it top behind mirror, next to ezpass. don't even know its there.

  I got the A119 very good as well.  I bought cheap dash cam before and found that one time I really need it the video were so crappy it was useless.  Do not even trust the Amazon review, too many fake ones.  Go to dashcamtalk.  Expect to spend about $100.

rated:
I'm also seeing $14.99, perhaps too many people were adding $1 fillers to get free shipping.

=aw

rated:
OK, just picked up mine and hooked up on the way home. Package appeared sealed fine by factory. Video came out choppy, blurry and full of color noise. Image quality poorer than those from my old flip phone. Totally junk. Returning it tomorrow.
Whoever are looking just pass on.

rated:
russ0519 said:   So I see it's mounted on the windshield. I mount my GPS there too, but I believe it's technically illegal. Not supposed to have anything obstructing the windshield.
  A lot of people misinterpret the code, most states say as long as you have a clear unobstructed view it's okay.  My windshield in my truck has a crack all the way across below my line of sight (happened one night with freezing weather and I haven't bothered to fix it yet) and I've been pulled over a couple times without issue.  Years ago my car windshield was cracked by a rock truck and a cop gave me a fix-it ticket because it was across my line of sight.  Also if it's in the top 6" of the windshield it's usually okay.  I'm sure if you had a GPS and a dashcam side by side right in the center of your windshield you may have a problem or if you get a cop that's in a bad mood you might be warned.  I've also been pulled over with my radar detector at the top of my windshield and my gps in the center bordering on my line of sight and the cop didn't mention it.  Ironically if a dash cam blocked your view and caused an accident you'd have video evidence of your own stupidity.  Just an FYI all the times I was pulled over was for something stupid, I've only got one speeding ticket for 5 over in a 30 zone.

Edit:
I just found this site http://gpstracklog.com/2012/06/windshield-mounts-illegal-in-28-s...
Funny because they list my state as a red state which means it's illegal for any windshield mounts, but the actual code says just what I stated above, and when you read the comments many people say the same thing.  Looks like that site also misinterpreted the code.
 

rated:
badcrcs said:   
russ0519 said:   So I see it's mounted on the windshield. I mount my GPS there too, but I believe it's technically illegal. Not supposed to have anything obstructing the windshield.
  A lot of people misinterpret the code, most states say as long as you have a clear unobstructed view it's okay.  My windshield in my truck has a crack all the way across below my line of sight (happened one night with freezing weather and I haven't bothered to fix it yet) and I've been pulled over a couple times without issue.  Years ago my car windshield was cracked by a rock truck and a cop gave me a fix-it ticket because it was across my line of sight.  Also if it's in the top 6" of the windshield it's usually okay.  I'm sure if you had a GPS and a dashcam side by side right in the center of your windshield you may have a problem or if you get a cop that's in a bad mood you might be warned.  I've also been pulled over with my radar detector at the top of my windshield and my gps in the center bordering on my line of sight and the cop didn't mention it.  Ironically if a dash cam blocked your view and caused an accident you'd have video evidence of your own stupidity.  Just an FYI all the times I was pulled over was for something stupid, I've only got one speeding ticket for 5 over in a 30 zone.

Edit:
I just found this site http://gpstracklog.com/2012/06/windshield-mounts-illegal-in-28-s... 
Funny because they list my state as a red state which means it's illegal for any windshield mounts, but the actual code says just what I stated above, and when you read the comments many people say the same thing.  Looks like that site also misinterpreted the code.

 You sure get pulled over a lot dude.

rated:
pjrxj said:   
badcrcs said:   
russ0519 said:   So I see it's mounted on the windshield. I mount my GPS there too, but I believe it's technically illegal. Not supposed to have anything obstructing the windshield.
  A lot of people misinterpret the code, most states say as long as you have a clear unobstructed view it's okay.  My windshield in my truck has a crack all the way across below my line of sight (happened one night with freezing weather and I haven't bothered to fix it yet) and I've been pulled over a couple times without issue.  Years ago my car windshield was cracked by a rock truck and a cop gave me a fix-it ticket because it was across my line of sight.  Also if it's in the top 6" of the windshield it's usually okay.  I'm sure if you had a GPS and a dashcam side by side right in the center of your windshield you may have a problem or if you get a cop that's in a bad mood you might be warned.  I've also been pulled over with my radar detector at the top of my windshield and my gps in the center bordering on my line of sight and the cop didn't mention it.  Ironically if a dash cam blocked your view and caused an accident you'd have video evidence of your own stupidity.  Just an FYI all the times I was pulled over was for something stupid, I've only got one speeding ticket for 5 over in a 30 zone.

Edit:
I just found this site http://gpstracklog.com/2012/06/windshield-mounts-illegal-in-28-s... 
Funny because they list my state as a red state which means it's illegal for any windshield mounts, but the actual code says just what I stated above, and when you read the comments many people say the same thing.  Looks like that site also misinterpreted the code.

 You sure get pulled over a lot dude.
 

  Maybe...that's over about a 6 year period so I don't know.  The last time I mentioned it was for a dirty license plate....he said he couldn't read it because it was dusty.  Also there's a cop that sits by my house every few weeks pulling over everyone doing even 3 mph over.  When I go to work I cross from one county into another and I've never been pulled over in the county by my work, even when doing 10+ over and the cops are using radar.  I think the cops are just more strict where I live.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016