• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Sprint The 3 in 1 Universal SIM card 2.99$  (Regular 9.99$)​. This can be used on RingPlus.

Part # SIMOLW506C 

Link 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Dunno if/why this thread is marked expired. Link still goes to the same (useless to me) SIM as yesterday, same $2.99 pri... (more)

UKtour (Oct. 19, 2016 @ 8:42a) |

deal still going on

ertuzi (Oct. 20, 2016 @ 8:41p) |

Yes. Deal is still active.

TJTX (Oct. 20, 2016 @ 11:42p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Great deal for the universal sim card!

rated:
thanks OP! got 5.

rated:
FYI - you can get Nano ones for free at any Apple Store.

rated:
helpful! Great deal!

rated:
much obliged.

rated:
Can someone educate me why u need an empty sim card? When u buy a plan from them, dont they provide it for free?

rated:
jigsaw1975 said:   Can someone educate me why u need an empty sim card? When u buy a plan from them, dont they provide it for free?
Most of the people will buy for RingPlus plans not for Sprint, they sell it for $15
Just in time for new Ringplus plans starting from tomorrow at 12pm PST
Thanks OP!

rated:
how universal is this? does it support all apple devices with a sim slot? Particularly iphone 6? They used to have different nano sims for different apple devices. TIA

rated:
great. in 4 1.

rated:
does this work with Motorola Moto G4

rated:
Works with Moto G4 on Ringplus.

rated:
Can someone educate how to activate this SIM for RingPlus?

rated:
It seems like you can never find a cheap Sprint SIM when you need one. Stocking up now. Thanks OP!

rated:
pleasantmoon said:   Can someone educate how to activate this SIM for RingPlus?

SIM have it's # called ICC ID.

Phone have it's # called MEID/ESN

When sign up for RingPlus, it asks for both these numbers.  Put them both in and the magic happen (qualify).    Than it (Ringplus) ask for your credit card #.   Put this number in and the magic completes. 

I am assuming Ringplus bond these 2 numbers with your Ringplus account.  I see there is a way to change device but not sure about change sim #.  Probably in there too.

goodluck.

rated:
Xam said:   how universal is this? does it support all apple devices with a sim slot? Particularly iphone 6? They used to have different nano sims for different apple devices. TIA

If you have an iPhone, just go to an Apple Store. They'll give you the SIM card for free. In fact, last time I stopped by I asked for one, and they gave me three.

rated:
big YMMV with Sprint stores, I just get dirty looks from them. If you overpaid for apple products it's the least they could do for you.

Sprint wised up and still adding phones to this sim list https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/60888

rated:
I am having trouble ordering it on-line. It does not go past the page where I click "Submit and Complete"!

rated:
yes, I tried two browsers and two credit cards before giving up.

rated:
MagicalWand said:   
jigsaw1975 said:   Can someone educate me why u need an empty sim card? When u buy a plan from them, dont they provide it for free?
Most of the people will buy for RingPlus plans not for Sprint, they sell it for $15
Thanks OP!

What Ringplus plans? I don't see anything posted in Hot Deals.

rated:
Redbeard25 said:   
MagicalWand said:   
Thanks OP!

What Ringplus plans? I don't see anything posted in Hot Deals.

Maybe, RE-OPENING PLANS AGAIN ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18TH AT 12:00PM PDT 
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/8477/can-not-sign-up-for-...

feels like make it or break it time. 

rated:
I was able to order me one   

rated:
Sprint must hate me. The site won't work for me. It says BRB Well be right back.

EDIT: Site started working again and I grabbed a couple for my stash.  Thanks OP!

rated:
Xam said:   how universal is this? does it support all apple devices with a sim slot? Particularly iphone 6? They used to have different nano sims for different apple devices. TIA
  Great question.   Courtesy of "best4y" supported devices are:
ANDROID
Samsung S6/Edge/Edge+, Samsung S7/Edge, Moto X Pure, Motorola G4

IPHONE
iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone SE  

(My Sprint Galaxy S4 phone and my Sprint Galaxy S5 phone are NOT supported.)

Unlike the other big 3 networks, Sprint SIM cards is permanently linked to a phone's ESN upon activation and cannot be swapped or used or changed to work with any other devices.Therefore it is very important that you only use the ICCID to activate the phone you actually will be using. Activating the SIM ICCID with a dummy/ placeholder phone or ESN will render your SIM useless.Should you ever cancel your Sprint/ RingPlus/ Boost/ Virgin plan, remember that this SIM is still linked to the original phone and can be re-used to restart a new Sprint/ RingPlus service only with the same device.

rated:
Interesting that they don't promote Sprint sim cards for older phones. I need a SIMGLW206R. Why do they have so many types of card anyway??

rated:
ertuzi said:   Interesting that they don't promote Sprint sim cards for older phones. I need a SIMGLW206R. Why do they have so many types of card anyway??
  Exactly! I have a couple of Motorola MOTO XT1526 phones from C7 (sold without SIM cards of course) and I need the 236C card from what I can tell. I searched the Sprint link above for that card and for MOTO XT1526 and XT1526 and got nothing in the whole shop.Sprint site! And I'm on hold with my 4th CSR at Sprint order number even after giving them the IMEI of the phone. Yes I know you can find them online/Best Buy/Ting etc. (I took some heat on R+ forums about this) but this phone and SIM being foreign to Sprint is kind of scary. I even called Boost who said the account is dead but the phone is still locked to Boost and Motorola would have to unlock it.

I'm basically happy with R+ and have 3 kids who wouldn't have a phone without them. Problem is that this will hurt R+ sales also if someone unknowingly jumps on this (finally) cheap SIM and it's not the right one for the phone. Also maddening if you're one of my FW friends and purchases a dozen of them knocking down their inventory. Remember the last time Sprint had a SIM sale and some ordered a dozen to flip on eebay?

rated:
I have a cheap ZTE on RingPlus. I notice even if the sim card is taken out, and on status bar it shows no sim, phone and internet still works, why is that?

rated:
windingpath said:   I have a cheap ZTE on RingPlus. I notice even if the sim card is taken out, and on status bar it shows no sim, phone and internet still works, why is that?
  The sim card is used to access 4G LTE data.  It has no bearing on voice or 3G data

rated:
Larryslug said:   
windingpath said:   I have a cheap ZTE on RingPlus. I notice even if the sim card is taken out, and on status bar it shows no sim, phone and internet still works, why is that?
  The sim card is used to access 4G LTE data.  It has no bearing on voice or 3G data

That was my understanding also, no SIM, no LTE, but I think you do need one to even activate/register/swap a phone on R+ as noted by Igor above. My main cell phone has been with TMO for decades and when I upgrade I just swap the SIM to the new phone (kind of, I do call tech support to be sure but don't buy a new card).

rated:
Larryslug said:   

I agree.  GSM phones need a working SIM but CDMA phones don't need them for basic functions.  3g CDMA phones don't even have a place to add a SIM.  I had a Sprint(MNVO carrier) phone with a malfunctioning SIM and all basic functionality calls, SMS, DATA(3g) would work.  4G would not until I got the SIM fixed. 

rated:
Samsung galaxy S6 works on Ring Plus? Buts does it have to be the spring version only? or can I get a T-Mobile/att branded one? thanks

rated:
Dunno if/why this thread is marked expired. Link still goes to the same (useless to me) SIM as yesterday, same $2.99 price, adds to cart fine.

rated:
deal still going on

rated:
Yes. Deal is still active.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016