• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Good find, especially since it comes with a battery!

rated:
The circular saw will kill that small battery in pretty short order. Nice starter set though.

rated:
My Royobi weed wacker charger died.
My all electric 40 Watt Lawmower Royobi has never worked ...these products are Chinese made, designed
and worthless at best.

rated:
belgique said:   My Royobi weed wacker charger died.
My all electric 40 Watt Lawmower Royobi has never worked ...these products are Chinese made, designed
and worthless at best.

Milwaukee make up most of my tools, but I have found myself collecting several Ryobi tools over the last year or so. I can't say I buy their tool "tools," such as drills or saws, but everything else. Their lanterns/lights are good, fan is great, sweeper is good, chemical sprayer works well. Just got their pole saw, and that has been very Handy. Wish I bought it a while ago.

COO (country of origin) means very little these days. If you want to pay more to a better manufacturer in China, you will get better goods, just as you can pay for crap made in the USA and get crap. 20 years ago, maybe different, but not the case anymore. 

also, it is sort of an odd blade size. It is standard, but your selection is very limited at local stores.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
and worthless at best.

Milwaukee make up most of my tools, but I have found myself collecting several Ryobi tools over the last year or so. I can't say I buy their tool "tools," such as drills or saws, but everything else. Their lanterns/lights are good, fan is great, sweeper is good, chemical sprayer works well. Just got their pole saw, and that has been very Handy. Wish I bought it a while ago.

COO (country of origin) means very little these days. If you want to pay more to a better manufacturer in China, you will get better goods, just as you can pay for crap made in the USA and get crap. 20 years ago, maybe different, but not the case anymore. 

I use DeWalt for nearly everything, and love their quality so far.. But I too have started collecting a few of these Ryobi tools for things I can't find in DeWalt, or as a cheaper back up set to use in the camper trailer. I love their little handheld inflator, works great to pump up bike, wheelbarrow, and lawnmower tires. I haven't tried to use on my truck or car, but I assume it'd work. I also bought a One+ drill to lower and raise the leveling jacks on the trailer. And my last purchase was for their oscillating tool. It was like half the price of the Dremel, and I already had 2-3 batteries, so I figured what the heck. If they get damaged or stolen from the trailer I'm not out the high cost of my black and yellow tool set. Plus my HD usually has something in this lineup on sale or clearance.

rated:
Good find OP, green for you.

However, I would argue that unless you have a driver, the drill/driver combo for a similar price point is a better buy.  I have all 3 (and more) and I have found the saw of limited use as the battery is only big enough for small jobs (couple of cuts on a 2x4 and it's done), while I use the drill and driver frequently.  In fact I use the cordless reciprocating saw more frequently then the circular saw.

rated:
really good price

rated:
and worthless at best.

I have 10 or more Ryobi One + tools including an 18 volt lawn mower that work great. Some are 10 years old. A few used almost everyday in construction. 

rated:
Link dead

rated:
Troy123 said:   Link dead
  Link just worked for me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016