• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Troy Bilt Flex is an engine base that accepts different attachments and is only available at Lowes. It is a solid machine with mower, snow thrower and more.
Troy Bilt has listed :
From now until October 31 at select Lowe's® stores, spend $248 or more on in-stock FLEX attachments and get a free FLEX Power Base ' a $399 value. This in-store promotion will be offered while supplies last. 
For more information about FLEX, visit troybilt.com/flex

Prices on the base and attachments have of course fluctuated over time, but the cheapest I've seen the base was $299 and it currently lists for $399 with the mower listed at $499 and the snow thrower for $399 at my Lowes. You cannot beat this for a $400 snow thrower! It chewed through the 2 foot of snow I got last year.
I have the snow, mower and pressure washer attachments. 

I'm not seeing this listed at any Lowes in my area, so YMMV. I tried adding both products to the cart and no discount was applied.
https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=troy+bilt+flex

Member Summary

troybilt (68.52kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Attachments Here  9 different available  (Mower, snow thrower, leaf blower, pressure washer, water pump, dethatcher plug aerator chipper shredder and log splitter)
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Found the base in Richmond, VA, but not the snow blower.

rated:
Why is the mower $500 if it doesn't even have the engine?

rated:
Just purchased this deal at Lowe's in Salem, NH with the snow blower attachment. $400 total for a 5HP new 2 stage snow blower and the ability to add a pressure washer, leaf/debris blower and several other attachments later.  There was a sign on the display at the store about this deal.  The department manager said these have been selling well since the sale started.

rated:
Is the $248 based on the after tax cost? If so, the $229 pressure washer would be nice and wait on the price of the mower to come down

rated:
smellott said:   Just purchased this deal at Lowe's in Salem, NH with the snow blower attachment. $400 total for a 5HP new 2 stage snow blower and the ability to add a pressure washer, leaf/debris blower and several other attachments later.  There was a sign on the display at the store about this deal.  The department manager said these have been selling well since the sale started.
  I thought this was a 7hp?

rated:
The Flex base is 208cc which translates to around 5 to 6hp

rated:
Thanks OP you just saved me over $700.   Or looking at it another way cost me $240.00 and gave me another problem. 

I was going down to my local Lowes in S CA this morning to pick up an online order and in walking around the store ran into the Troy flex display.  No mention of a promotion anywhere to be seen.  They had a display model of the mower marked down to $250.00.  Talked to salesman asked why it was marked down.  He said nothing was wrong with it they just had two display models and it wasn't needed.  He also informed me that the store had only sold one of the flex units  since they first came in.  Anyway I told him to write me up for the mower and base unit.  Anyway after about an hour of explaining what type of deal was on these (they had no clue), 3 other store personnel (plus a few phone calls)  they finally gave me an invoice for the pair.  One base unit and one mower deck for less than $240.00 (taxes included).  They knocked over $700 off the price.  Thanks OP

My Problem:   What am I going to do with it (don't really need it)  The way the salesman was talking this store might quit carrying them.  So in the future they could end up discounting them to clear them out (they do take up a lot of room).  Now I have to keep an eye on the store to see what happens to their pressure washer and blower unit  (those I could use).    Problems problems problems

rated:
This is IN-STORE deal. Not all Lowes are participating this offer. I had to buy the base from one store and return to the other store an re-buy with an snow blower attachment in order to get it for free. Used 10% eBay coupon.. nice deal 

rated:
amitkhare77 said:   This is IN-STORE deal. Not all Lowes are participating this offer. I had to buy the base from one store and return to the other store an re-buy with an snow blower attachment in order to get it for free. Used 10% eBay coupon.. nice deal 
Did you ever find a list of what stores are participating?

rated:
wtjc said:   
amitkhare77 said:   This is IN-STORE deal. Not all Lowes are participating this offer. I had to buy the base from one store and return to the other store an re-buy with an snow blower attachment in order to get it for free. Used 10% eBay coupon.. nice deal 
Did you ever find a list of what stores are participating?

No, unfortunately you have to call the store and find out, They will surely tell you that either they don't have base or the attachment you are looking for. You can check that information online anyway 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016