• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

| eBay (13.42kB)
Disclaimer
Discount Tire Direct via eBay is offering an Extra $100 Off Tires or Wheels orders $400 or more when you checkout via PayPal and use coupon code "CTIRES16".  Plus shipping is free! Offer ends 10/31. 

Member Summary

Discount Tire (5.54kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

jatan1986 (Oct. 25, 2016 @ 4:23p) |

I do, I also recall them to be one of those "if it's not the tire size that is supposed to be on your car, we won't inst... (more)

CaedynsPapu (Oct. 25, 2016 @ 6:12p) |

Got the tires on the car today at my local Americas Tire. No issues with the size, although he did look to see that it ... (more)

CaedynsPapu (Nov. 01, 2016 @ 3:17p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I was waiting on this sale and bought on Sunday since I wasnt sure it would happen. Argh!!!!

rated:
I wonder if I can still apply for discount tires rebates online.
Will Discount Tires stores in CA install these tires?
Any sales tax? Thank you.

rated:
Yes to both of those questions. No sales tax in California

rated:
Looking for this one but not seeing it I'm i not doing something right?

http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?c=0&ar=40&rf=... 

rated:
waterhead said:   I wonder if I can still apply for discount tires rebates online.
Will Discount Tires stores in CA install these tires?
Any sales tax? Thank you.

** You can combine mfr rebate with the $100 off coupon
** DTD will email you a regular invoice once order is processed and also attach the invoice to the tires
** Use that official DTD invoice for the mfr rebate (invoice will show full price without any discounts)

http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Tire-Direct/Current-Promotions-and-Forms.html

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/infoFAQ.do

rated:
I am matching the tire size perfectly but it states "the part is not compatible" with the make/model of my car ( for every tire I am trying to buy). Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Thanks.

rated:
nkbmsb said:   I am matching the tire size perfectly but it states "the part is not compatible" with the make/model of my car ( for every tire I am trying to buy). Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Thanks.
  eBay compatibility sucks so ignore it -- just enter your car info on www.discounttiredirect.com to find the tires for your car then search for that tire+size on DTD eBay store

rated:
Thanks jatan1986 for the info which is very helpful!

rated:
Isn't there a boycott of the company now since the owner donated $1 million to to anti-marijuana lobby?

rated:
Not one Michelin tire.

rated:
Is this definitely cheaper than going inside to Costco Tires?

rated:
Yes, there is. Owner of Discount Tire supports Sheriff Arpaios plan to keep marijuana charges a FELONY. 

rated:
Will local Discount Tire stores match this online price? I'm trying to figure out how to maximize all the discounts. The set I'm thinking of purchasing have a mfg rebate, but also a rebate for buying with a Discount Tire credit card- which, correct me if I'm wrong, won't apply to a purchase on eBay.
And then the other thing is I'd like the certificates to be available at a Discount Tire store so that I don't have to bother with sending the tire in for claim. Who can drive on a donut for the time it takes to send in and receive a replacement in an emergency like that?

rated:
tree100 said:   Will local Discount Tire stores match this online price? I'm trying to figure out how to maximize all the discounts. The set I'm thinking of purchasing have a mfg rebate, but also a rebate for buying with a Discount Tire credit card- which, correct me if I'm wrong, won't apply to a purchase on eBay
And then the other thing is I'd like the certificates to be available at a Discount Tire store so that I don't have to bother with sending the tire in for claim. Who can drive on a donut for the time it takes to send in and receive a replacement in an emergency like that?

I have always been impressed with DT, i would go in and ask.  I think if you are getting both tires and wheels they would, and probably would with just one or the other.

rated:
There is a boycott:
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/57znir/discount_tire_boycott_movement_grows_as_owner/ 
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/580oxf/discount_tire_boycott_movement_grows_as_owner/ 

I don't care I go where the deals are and this deal comes up every Oct -- current tires are old and needed replacing (driving on a spare tire for past 2 weeks waiting for this deal)

Ordered my tires Mon and they came in yesterday -- submitted Cooper rebate online w/ PDF invoice

Cooper CS5 Grand Touring 225/55/17
$424 - 100 cpn = 324 - 70 Cooper rebate = 254

Paid with eBay bucks and discounted eBay GCs so final cost will be much lower

rated:
I need 165/65-14 its not available

rated:
Nice now i can order street slicks for my truck and terrorize my neighborhood even more >: []

rated:
For those of you interested this is on Reddit:
Discount Tire Boycott Movement Grows as Owner Donates $1M to Keep Marijuana a Felony

rated:
tree100 said:   Will local Discount Tire stores match this online price? I'm trying to figure out how to maximize all the discounts. The set I'm thinking of purchasing have a mfg rebate, but also a rebate for buying with a Discount Tire credit card- which, correct me if I'm wrong, won't apply to a purchase on eBay
And then the other thing is I'd like the certificates to be available at a Discount Tire store so that I don't have to bother with sending the tire in for claim. Who can drive on a donut for the time it takes to send in and receive a replacement in an emergency like that?

Beware of "not valid with any other offer" fine print.

rated:
francisc said:   For those of you interested this is on Reddit:
Discount Tire Boycott Movement Grows as Owner Donates $1M to Keep Marijuana a Felony

Good more of reason to give him business

rated:

rated:
Few questions:

1.Does anyone knows how long this deal usually lasts?

2. How much is the installation fee if I choose Mr. Tire for installation or does it vary?
    My local mechanic is asking $15 /tire for mounting and another $15/tire for balancing.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Few questions:

2. How much is the installation fee if I choose Mr. Tire for installation or does it vary?
    My local mechanic is asking $15 /tire for mounting and another $15/tire for balancing.

Ends 10/31 -- DTD has a habit of increasing tire prices in the past once certain amount of sales were reached during a promo

Call different tire shops in your area and ask

rated:

I called three tire stores n my area and the prices varied from $19.99 per tire to $29.99 per tire for mounting and balancing.....

rated:
Sam's Club will not mount tires that they did not install (nor install non-standard size ones), but they will provide lifetime balancing and rotation for $9.98 per tire. I have a local hole-in-the-wall mount my new tires (and not balance them) and go directly to Sams and pay my $40 for the deal.

A service for Members who have not purchased tires from Sam's Club
$9.98 per wheel – taxes, state and local fees may apply based on location
Includes air pressure adjusted to placard pressure, balance and rotation of up to four (4) wheels
TPMS reset on initial and all subsequent balance and rotation services
Member must possess an active Sam's Club Membership
Valid for usable tread down to 2/32" or for six (6) years from date of purchase
Dual-rear wheel vehicles (duallies), RVs, motor homes, and specialty vehicles are not eligible for this package

rated:
cragenpuff said:   

I called three tire stores n my area and the prices varied from $19.99 per tire to $29.99 per tire for mounting and balancing.....

Thanks OP.  

Got the offer and ignored it but good prices on-line especially with $100 off coupon and maybe stack on current rebate promotion to boot.  Best part is no sales tax and my local American Tires offers mount/balance/disposal discounts since bought tires from their parent company.

rated:
BPH789 said:   
Discount Tire Boycott Movement Grows as Owner Donates $1M to Keep Marijuana a Felony

Bc hes also an ignorant clown?

rated:
cragenpuff said:   

I asked my local  Mr. Tire as suggested by DTD website and they offered me $80+Tax but I still went with my trusted local mechanic for $120 (who has saved me $$ and doesn't even charge me for small things like changing the headlight bulb).

Thanks OP & Jatan1986 for your always helpful advice.

rated:
All you damn hippies and your ideals, such as self ownership. Dried plant matter is very dangerous. Mr. Discount Tire really cares about you and has your best interest in mind, not his own. Promise. Save the children.

rated:
bxlefty23 said:   
BPH789 said:   

Bc hes also an ignorant clown?

It's clowns like you who won;t discuss the deal but other BS.

Besides our insurance rates  goes  up thanks to stoned out druggies on the road who are about  as impaired as drunks killing the innocents.  Just look at the stats in CO.  

Again more of reason to give business to anyone advocating felony for dead stoned freaks off the road by keeping it as FELONY!

rated:
That escalated quickly.

rated:
Just wanted to let anyone know who had problems placing an order through PayPal like I did due to a current dispute with PayPal which has resulted in my account being locked (Long Story between me and a Dishonest eBay buyer) that you can call Discount Tire Direct Directly and if asked they will give you an automatic $50.00 discount towards a set of tires to help offset not getting the $100.00 PayPal Discount.

Between the $50.00 discount they gave me and signing up for their credit card offer ($40.00 discount) I only lost $10.00 by not going through PayPay checkout.    

rated:
cragenpuff said:   .......... and signing up for their credit card offer ($40.00 discount) ...............
You signed up for a credit card for $40  when you could have signed up for some other credit card promotion to easily make $ 150 to $200 ?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
cragenpuff said:   .......... and signing up for their credit card offer ($40.00 discount) ...............
You signed up for a credit card for $40  when you could have signed up for some other credit card promotion to easily make $ 150 to $200

My daughter wanted to take advantage of the 9 months interest free financing which was also offered in addition to the $40.00 Rebate for using their credit card..

rated:
Ordered mine yesterday. 4 Bridgestone potenzas for $366 after rebate. Scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. Not too shabby

rated:
cragenpuff said:   
marcopolomle said:   
You signed up for a credit card for $40  when you could have signed up for some other credit card promotion to easily make $ 150 to $200

My daughter wanted to take advantage of the 9 months interest free financing which was also offered in addition to the $40.00 Rebate for using their credit card..

Not to hijack this thread but the card I mentioned also offers 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months.
What I am trying to say is that there are plenty of better offers available and it's not a good idea to "waste" a new inquiry/new account on you credit report for a small benefit. 
There is plenty of info here. 

rated:
Does anyone know eBay gift card works with this deal?

rated:
kmsiva said:   Does anyone know eBay gift card works with this deal?
  Yes -- I paid mine with eBay bucks & discounted GCs

eBay checkout might only allow up to 8 coupons/GCs per transaction so you probably wont be able to use a bunch of small GCs

I used $100 cpn + bucks +  1x $150 GC + 3x $50 GC + small GC

Skipping 11 Messages...
rated:
Got the tires on the car today at my local Americas Tire. No issues with the size, although he did look to see that it was the same size already on the car. Free mounting, $13 for lifetime balancing, $1 for a new valve stem and $3 disposal fee (per tire). Came out to a shade under $80.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016