• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I saw this TV in the Best Buy 3-day sale running now. Same TV on Amazon is at $1099.99, so $849.99 seems pretty hot. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-class-64-5-diag--led-2160p-sma... 

TV specs:

• 64.5" screen (measured diagonally from corner to corner)Large enough to provide an immersive experience for everyone in the room.
  • Built-in Wi-Fi Smart TV means a huge world of entertainment. Stream movies, music and more, and surf your favorite websites with the included Web browser.
  • Up-scale entertainment to near-4K quality 4K HD engine up-scales the picture through a multi-step data analysis that enhances the details of movies, sports, video games, and more.LED TVs perform well in all lighting conditions They also deliver plasma-like deep blacks and rich colors.
  • 2160p resolution for breathtaking HD images Watch 4K movies and TV shows at 4x the resolution of Full HD, and upscale your current HD content to gorgeous, Ultra HD-level picture quality.
  • Wireless Connectivity Provides fast and reliable streaming with Wi-Fi.
  • 3 HDMI inputs for the best home theater connectionHigh-speed HDMI delivers up to 2160p picture and digital surround sound in one convenient cable.
  • 1 USB input Easily connects your digital camera, camcorder or other USB device.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, EXPIRED DEALS. — Dec. 9, 2016 @ 5:14pm
Member Summary

65UH5500 (1.10kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Model is: LG 65UH5500

rated:

rated:
Vipergts96 said:   $749 at Microcenter

http://www.microcenter.com/product/463615/65UH5500_65_UHD_4K_HDR...

Sweet find! Like usual for Micro Center it's in store pickup only though.

rated:
No HDR. I'd pass.

rated:
j30sailor said:   No HDR. I'd pass.
  What is HDR and any advantages?

rated:
LOL it is HDR

rated:
Before you rush in and grab this, be sure to look at LG on the same source, next to a Samsung or Sony.
There is a reason LG tvs are so much cheaper.

rated:
HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a technology that allows it to expand the range of contrast and colors. The image can get more brighter so it appears that the TV has more depth. Even colors are expanded to show more bright and vivid colors that was not possible with Non-HDR.

rated:
j30sailor said:   No HDR. I'd pass.
Some say that this TV only emulates HDR which is not accurate. There is a mode on this TV under settings that allows you to choose an "HDR effect" as one of your programable picture settings. This setting is not HDR it's just a picture preset. You can not access HDR until HDR content is received by the TV from an HDR video source i.e Xbox One S, Netflix, Amazon etc. When an HDR signal is received by the TV an HDR logo appears on the screen and at this point you can go into picture settings and there will now be a new section named "HDR", not the one called "HDR effect", and the settings are Vivid, Bright, and Standard. HDR looks amazing paired with 4k.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016