• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://www.amazon.com/OBi200-VoIP-Phone-Adapter-T-38/dp/B00BUV7C9A

Usually this sits around $49.99 (Newegg for example) .. and if you wait until Black Friday this might show up again in the $29.99-$34.99 range.  But If you need one now, this is a pretty reasonable deal at 15%-20% off regular price.

Member Summary

Obihai OBi200 VoIP Phone Adapter (144.92kB)
Thanks TheRedBaaron
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I heard that google voice can not port a landline number, is that correct?

rated:
Mingzhou said:   I heard that google voice can not port a landline number, is that correct?

Yes, but if you are willing to jump through some hoops you can get it done. I ported my landline number to a T-Mobile prepaid account and then ported that to Google Voice. Took a few months but it eventually completed.

rated:
montee4 said:   
Mingzhou said:   I heard that google voice can not port a landline number, is that correct?

Yes, but if you are willing to jump through some hoops you can get it done. I ported my landline number to a T-Mobile prepaid account and then ported that to Google Voice. Took a few months but it eventually completed.

I did the same thing, but only took me a week.

rated:
homerj31 said:   
montee4 said:   

Yes, but if you are willing to jump through some hoops you can get it done. I ported my landline number to a T-Mobile prepaid account and then ported that to Google Voice. Took a few months but it eventually completed.

I had issues with T-Mobile on the initial port out, so that is why mine took so long

rated:
I paid $29.99 a year ago. Works OK using a google voice number. Wait for a better price.

rated:
anyone here use this vs. Ooma, if so thoughts?

rated:
upanddown said:   anyone here use this vs. Ooma, if so thoughts?
  I've had both for about 6 years.  They both work fine, but Obi is obviously cheaper.  But Google Voice has no 911.

rated:
Anyone get that annoying message that your OBi software "has expired".  To "reactivate it" costs $10.  I went on Google and found out how to "upgrade" the software for free to avoid the $10 cost, but I'm sure they collected $$$$ from people who just gave up the $10 because it was easy to do so.

So annoying of Obi.

rated:
Are you using Obi100, or 200?

rated:
Thanks for sharing. Ordered it for my brother.

rated:
Clocks said:   
upanddown said:   anyone here use this vs. Ooma, if so thoughts?
  I've had both for about 6 years.  They both work fine, but Obi is obviously cheaper.  But Google Voice has no 911.

I have had both for several years and agree they both work well.   One nice feature about the Obi, though,  is that your calls can be forwarded to your cell phone without any additional cost.  And you can set up Google to send you voice mail message transcriptions.  

rated:
homerj31 said:   
montee4 said:   

Me too.  What I liked about the T-Mobile port is I spent just under $31 and had to deal with no-one.  It helps to pre-purchase $10 airtime from calling card, then set up your Simpletalk plan with a new SIM from Bestbuy or whatever (mine was $1).  

While activating your new SIM, as you enter the info, when it comes time to fund the new SIM, you can use your $10 pin instead of giving TMobile any credit card info whatsoever - this also saves you $3.  If you enter all the account information correctly T-Mobile will own your number in three days, it takes longer due to it coming from a landline.  

The port is complete when your phone that the SIM is in rings when the landline number is called.  You will receive a text as well, I think.

Then, when you are ready (I would start right away), you can begin the port to google voice ($20).  To do this, first you get on the phone with new SIM in it, dial the customer service number, and change the pin number on your account via the voice-guided service.  This is the pin you need to give to Google, along with the account number which is the phone number you are porting, with 1 in front if I recall ... it's not the SIM number.  I used "1234" - nothing special about pins.

It takes 24 hours to the dot to port to Google Voice.  At that time, any amount of the $10 that wasn't spent is lost.  It is recommended that you don't spend all of it before the port succeeds, because then it might not work and the number may be lost. 

As you wait for the Google Voice port to indicate completed, you won't be able to alter any settings until you log out and back in again.  One of those quirks ...

rated:
Clocks said:   Are you using Obi100, or 200?
  Obi100

rated:
They've announced that they're ending support for the Obi100 and Obi110, and will no longer be updating its software/firmware.

More here: http://blog.obihai.com/2016/08/end-of-life-announcement-obi100-and.html 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016