• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

RyobiOne (18.21kB)
Disclaimer
Home Depot has the Ryobi ONE+ 18-Volt Impact Wrench Kit (P1890) on sale for $129.00 - $10 coupon code "OCTOBERHD" = $119.00 with free shipping. 

This matches our previous +7 Best Deal from back in May. 

Deal notes: This is only $20.00 more than the bare tool sells for and to get the equivalent kit separately would cost $258.98. The P108 battery sells for $99.99 by itself and does not come with a charging base. The charging base that comes with this set, the  P117 charger is $39.99. Includes: P261 3-speed 1/2 in. impact wrench, P118 dual chemistry charger and P108 18-Volt ONE+ high capacity lithium+ battery 

• Impact mechanism produces 300 ft. lbs. torque and up to 3,200 impacts per minute (IPM)
  • 3-speed selector switch offers greater control over a wide range of fastening applications
  • Tri-beam LED light increases work area visibility
  • 1/2 in. square anvil with detent pin retention for easy and secure socket connection
  • Maintenance mode batteries stored on charger are conditioned for peak performance
  • High capacity 4Ah lithium+ battery provides up to 4X extended runtime, improves the performance of ONE+ tools up to 35%, is 20% lighter weight and holds charge 4X longer (compared to 18-Volt Ni-Cd P100)

The tool itself has very few reviews but the kti containing this same tool is rated 4.2/5 stars with 136 customer reviews.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Most reviews are from people who don't know much and who say generic things based on feelings rather than facts.  That's... (more)

larrymoencurly (Oct. 23, 2016 @ 5:32p) |

Ryobi is a Japanese company that sold the rights to some of its product line to Hong Kong-based Techtronic Industries.  ... (more)

larrymoencurly (Oct. 23, 2016 @ 6:22p) |

I've been using Ryobi tools for about 9 years. Have 2 drills, 1 impact driver (1/4" one), string trimmer, inflator, nai... (more)

AnandBanned (Oct. 23, 2016 @ 11:39p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I have a weed walker by this Chinese Company...Ryobi....the charger died and now I have to buy a new one...NOT Ryobi.
I won their electric 20" Lawnmower....it worked for 15 minutes...its dead.
This is Chinese technology...Chinese design....Chinese assembly and its all JUNK

rated:
belgique said:   I have a weed walker by this Chinese Company...Ryobi....the charger died and now I have to buy a new one...NOT Ryobi.
This is Chinese technology...Chinese design....Chinese assembly and its all JUNK

Sounds like you had some pretty bad luck. Reviews for all these tools are pretty good and the deals themselves always do really well, so I would imagine this is more the exception than the rule. I have seen where people said some of the yard working tools are battery hogs and drain within 15 minutes, but not that they died permanently and prematurely.

rated:
Ryobi is not a good brand. I have their drill. The battery died in one year. And radio,the battery died in 2 month. I suggest you don't use this brand. The review cannot be trust.

rated:
I bought into their 40V line (all refurb deals). My string trimmer motor burned out (very common with the model that flips into an edger). They have a new style one that I bought that is much better and seems to be holding up. My hedge trimmer is working fine and the blower is too new to comment on. It is a little underpowered, but is to be expected for a battery powered one.

All my 18V (drill, saws, etc) stuff is holding up fine but hasn't seen much use yet.

All that said, yes, Ryobi is a low end brand not much different than what craftsman has become. Like Harbor Freight, I can replace stuff 2-3 times and still come out ahead vs. buying Dewalt.

rated:
cmtsaininja said:   Ryobi is not a good brand. I have their drill. The battery died in one year. And radio,the battery died in 2 month. I suggest you don't use this brand. The review cannot be trust.

I don't trust any review that writes in poor English (or claim to not believe the reviews). Were you using their old Ni-Cad batteries, or did you get them used? Because, yes batteries go bad, and in some cases faster than others. How old they are, how they are stored, if you bought the cheapest model. 

rated:
I've been using the Ryobi +ONE system for years - since my 14v Ryobi battery died. Batteries do that eventually, especially if you don't maintain them. ALL batteries. I've never had an issue with any of my Ryobi tools and use them quite often for DIY stuff around the house. Are they a Makita or Dewalt? No, but they are 90% of the quality for 60% of the price.

rated:
belgique said:   I have a weed walker by this Chinese Company...Ryobi....the charger died and now I have to buy a new one...NOT Ryobi.

I have two drills, impact driver, weed wacker, hedge trimmer, blower, 6 port charger, 6 batteries (2 older Nicad and 4 new lithium-ion). Out of all these I have only had one of the small black batteries die after about a year. I would consider Ryobi a great value.

rated:
importcf said:   

I have two drills, impact driver, weed wacker, hedge trimmer, blower, 6 port charger, 6 batteries (2 older Nicad and 4 new lithium-ion). Out of all these I have only had one of the small black batteries die after about a year. I would consider Ryobi a great value.

Same here.  I have or have had Bosch, Dewalt, Ryobi, Craftsman, and Harbor Freight power tools. IMHO Bosch, Dewalt, etc are higher quality and worth the extra cost, especially if you're a pro, but I think Ryobi 18V tools hit a sweet spot for quality/cost ratio for most people. I have 7 or 8 different 18V tools including a few that are 5+ years old blue models. They get treated poorly, thrown into my trunk, left outside overnight, dropped off a ladder, etc. None of them have stopped working. The old NiCad batteries were crap, but I've only had one lithium battery go bad and it was 3 years old before it stopped holding a charge. Not as nice as the premium brands, but Ryobi is clearly a step above the HF junk.

rated:
If you are looking for just the battery this might be a better deal - with coupon - OCTOBERHD the price will be $89 for 2 batteries.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-18-Volt-High-Capacity-LITHI...

rated:
I purchased this and have had no problems with it.  It easily removes wheel nuts torqued to 100 ft lbs and even my wheel bearing nut which was torqued to 150 ft lbs.   iI have had it for about 6 months and it has worked well.  

rated:
From Amazon, you can buy DEWALT DCF880M2 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench Kit with Detent Pin for $188 with two batteries.
The Ryobi is just not a good tool at all. Don't waste your money.
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCF880M2-20-volt-Lithium-2-Inch/dp...

rated:
You can buy "DEWALT DCF880M2 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench Kit with Detent Pin" with two batteries for $188. Don't waste your money to buy any Ryobi! They just won't work.

rated:

Still, I'd rather have a Ryobi power tool than a Harbor Freight equivalent.

Ryobi's manufacturing is done in mainland China, but I don't know how much of the engineering is done there.  Techtronic Industries (Ryobi, Milwaukee, Homelite, AEG, Hoover/Dirt Devil, Sears Craftsman) is listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange, but the founder and chairman is Horst Pudwill.  

Ryobi's nicad batteries are awful and probably won't last long, unless you frequently test the voltage to detect any abnormal cells.  Otherwise there's a good chance some cells will develop reverse polarity, which eventually leads to the other cells being overcharged and shorting out, especially because Ryobi's old nicad-only chargers didn't treat the batteries too well.  OTOH the Ryobi lithium chargers are much better, including for nicad batteries.

rated:
asabase said:   I bought into their 40V line (all refurb deals). My string trimmer motor burned out (very common with the model that flips into an edger). They have a new style one that I bought that is much better and seems to be holding up. My hedge trimmer is working fine and the blower is too new to comment on. It is a little underpowered, but is to be expected for a battery powered one.
File a complaint with the Consumer Products Safety Commission:  online report form , and indicate that you want the company to get your contact information because companies are paranoid about fires related to batteries and charging, especially lithium batteries.  Ryobi has sent me a replacement drill (CPSC investigator came out and took tons of photos of the original drill), batteries, and a charger by doing that.  

rated:
cmtsaininja said:   You can buy "DEWALT DCF880M2 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench Kit with Detent Pin" with two batteries for $188. Don't waste your money to buy any Ryobi! They just won't work.

That Dewalt kit is $233 at Home Depot.  Pretty much double the cost of the Ryobi and it's a compact gun with less torque.  Only rated to 150ftlbs which isn't high enough for the lug nuts on many full size pickup trucks.  The 400ftlb Dewalt kit is $310.  However, I don't own a heavy duty truck and I'm a sucker for a good tool deal.  Thanks for the link!

rated:
I have about 7 tools from Ryobi and i use the big lithium batteries.  All the tools work well.  I do work around the house, car and yard with them and probably operate them about 4 hours per week on the average.  I do not have the blower.  The weed wacker is good, not as strong as a gas powered one but it does the trick just a little slower(not much).  The vacuumn is excellent,as well as the circular saw grinder, reciprocal saw, trim saw and flashlight.   The drill driver and impact driver are also excellant.   The plain drills are ok but a little big and heavy.  I have a dewalt 18v drill as well and it is a little lighter and faster.  Overall i rate the ryobi equipment 4.5 star and would only buy ryobi for my purposes.  If you are using the equipment daily for your work they might not be the product to buy, but considering the cost of the batteries(very reasonable for the two large lithium battery pack) i think they are a good deal for the home user.

rated:
If someone can afford buying Dewalt and Bosch at the same time, why would you buy Ryobi, like AT ALL?
Also, if you put tools in heavy use, go with the best.
But if you are, like me, occasional light home user - nothing is wrong with Ryobi. great value for the money.
It is BUDGET brand, cheap, with cheaper but still decent quality, some risk of getting "bad apple",
but that is exactly what you going for.
I have few tools for some years (
weed eater, bush trimmer and blower use all the time ,
drill and saws use only occasionally) with four batteries can get my light load job done.
I do have couple of Bosch drills and like them a lot,
but one bosch drill (without deal) cost is almost the same as Ryobi 4 tools set (with FW deal)
And Ryobi goes on sale far more often then Dewalt or Bosch.

rated:
the Ryobi 18V drill is fine for the homeowner. for a pro, i'd look elsewhere, and almost always go corded for drills. I have the 18v driver and that thing is a great little tool. can drive a whole hell of a lot of screws even using the slim li-ion battery. the 18v mini circ saw is garbage is NiCads, and barely ok with the li-ion battery. the blower is a bit underpowered, and barely runs with nicads, but is Ok with li-ions. hedge trimmer is a decent tool. I also have the caulk gun, but haven't used it yet. the flashlight was OK, but I think a contractor must have accidently taken it because I haven't seen it since I had some work done.

rated:
Ryobi works fine for me considering the price. It's not a Milwaukee or a Dewalt, but it's good for a novice.

Update : Milwaukee is owned by the same company as Ryobi!

rated:
FYI, the Ryobi battery warranty is for 3 years.

rated:
For anyone saying the Ryobi blower is great, or just the opposite, they have several models. The hybrid one isn't any good, and they have a newer model that came out last year (so I'm sure there is a previous model that wasn't as great). I have the new model (P2108), and it has surprised me quite a bit. With the 4ah battery it lasts a very long time, and has more than decent blowing power for this size battery.

I have also tried the Milwaukee M18 blower, and that was quickly returned.

rated:
Most reviews on the net are bought and paid for.

rated:
That is because the are done by Chinese in China...Ryobi Chinese company.
The concept of Business Ethics is UNKNOWN in China....

rated:
belgique said:   That is because the are done by Chinese in China...Ryobi Chinese company.

the ryobi name sounds japanese. RYO_BI. i've been deceived. 

rated:
True they steal a lot of intellectual property then make knockoffs or counterfeits. Back during Bill Clinton's Presidency we had them putting satellites in space for us. They were having trouble with logistics so we helped them shoot straight. Now there real good at drawing a bulls eye on our cities. We swapped them the know how for cheap labor. There went our manufacturing base. We taught them well. We did it to our selves. 20 trillion in national debt and counting. Meanwhile we are caught up in sexual escapades and emails. The Chinese are coming on strong. They work hard and feel its their time on the world stage. Read the vitriol on some of the Chinese web sites.  What would FDR, Eisenhower, Truman, Reagan have done.   

rated:
belgique said:   Most reviews on the net are bought and paid for.
Most reviews are from people who don't know much and who say generic things based on feelings rather than facts.  That's why it's best to ignore star ratings, especially if they're high, and instead read the reviews, especially those with the most details and are most negative.

rated:
BananaQ said:   
belgique said:   That is because the are done by Chinese in China...Ryobi Chinese company.

the ryobi name sounds japanese. RYO_BI. i've been deceived. 

Ryobi is a Japanese company that sold the rights to some of its product line to Hong Kong-based Techtronic Industries.  Apparently there are still Japanese handheld power tools, and the cordless ones cannot use One+ 18V batteries like the ones sold at Home Depot.

rated:
I've been using Ryobi tools for about 9 years. Have 2 drills, 1 impact driver (1/4" one), string trimmer, inflator, nailer, oscillating tool. Started on NiCD, which were great until poor battery management killed the batteries. I rebuilt one of the battery packs, but eventually upgraded to Li batteries. No complaints about any of the tools. All get the modest jobs I am doing done. I would upgrade to this impact wrench if they would include a second battery. As is I can't justify the cost with only a single, albeit 4ah high capacity battery. If my impact wrench dies tomorrow I would run out and replace it immediately. I'll never remove lug nuts with a wrench again. Great tools for an intermediate level hobbyist. Perfect for when the tools at Harbor Freight don't cut it anymore.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016