• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Sony MDRZX110NC ZX-Series Noise-Cancelling Headphones
$20
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-MDRZX110NC-ZX-Series-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones/40065205

Noise-cancelling technology for up to 95 percent less noise30mm drivers for rich, full frequency responseUp to 80 hours playback from one AAA battery Read more?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
"Up to 80 hours playback from 1 AAA battery
Can be used as standard headphones without battery"

I'm really glad that Sony doesn't use a proprietary battery on this one.

I couldn't find the words, but it seems like this is a bluetooth headset that can be used wirelessly?

rated:
Reading the description, it sounds like the battery is for 80hrs of usage. The battery is to provide energy for the high energy magnets that drive the sound hence providing noise canceling. You can use them as regular headphones without the battery, but you won't have much bass and treble as with the battery.

rated:
Reading the description, it sounds like the battery is for 80hrs of usage. The battery is to provide energy for the high energy magnets that drive the sound hence providing noise canceling. You can use them as regular headphones without the battery, but you won't have much bass and treble as with the battery.

rated:
ablang said:   "Up to 80 hours playback from 1 AAA battery
Can be used as standard headphones without battery"

I'm really glad that Sony doesn't use a proprietary battery on this one.

I couldn't find the words, but it seems like this is a bluetooth headset that can be used wirelessly?

Looks like "no" on bluetooth.  You're wired whether your on battery or not.  Here are the instructions, definitely nothing about bluetooth setup:

https://docs.sony.com/release//mdrzx110nc.pdf

rated:
I have never quite understood or appreciated active noise cancelling headphones. In order to "cancel" outside noise, they generate their own noise that hopefully you don't find as offensive. Put the right ends on your earbuds to fit tightly or get some good sealing over-ear headphones. The results are better. The concept is kind of like "What STD can I live with long term?".

rated:
chubbypops said:   I have never quite understood or appreciated active noise cancelling headphones. In order to "cancel" outside noise, they generate their own noise that hopefully you don't find as offensive. Put the right ends on your earbuds to fit tightly or get some good sealing over-ear headphones. The results are better. The concept is kind of like "What STD can I live with long term?".
  They generate a negative sound wave as what they detect coming from outside the headset via a microphone, hence the "canceling" effect.  The technology works best on repetitive sounds, like airplane engines, or machinery in a factory.  Not as well on your spouse talking to you.

rated:
Noise is noise. If it's not part of the original signal of your programming it causes distortion, even more if added to the signal than if from the outside. I have tried some of what were supposed to be better ones and they all were right on the verge of giving me a headache. These being an on-ear design will be depending on the generated noise more heavily than an over-ear design. I have never found one more effective than my OLD Koss Pro-4AA with the mineral oil filled rings on the closed-back cups. I do realize they are old and ugly and big and heavy and not so good for travel. A properly fitted pair of good earbuds are a better choice than something like this to me for that purpose. But for someone that likes them, I love them, for them. If someone would come up with something that cancels your spouse talking to you, they would be an instant hero and billionaire. The old Koss Pro-4AA are such high impedance also that they are really not any good for use with portable devices without a decent amp.

rated:
Non noise cancelling of this model is $12 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-zx-series-on-ear-headphones-bla...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016