• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just leave wifi on and you'll be good.

Redbeard25 (Oct. 27, 2016 @ 8:33p) |

It is less tall and thinner than an iPhone 6S+ with the same screen size. #magic!

Redbeard25 (Oct. 27, 2016 @ 8:34p) |

And now both iPhone & Android users are making fun of you!

dumroo (Oct. 28, 2016 @ 11:12a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Excellent deal. Source: I have this phone.

rated:
Agreed great phone for the price. However since the most recent update ads are back, and havnt found a working way to remove them again

rated:
The ads don't bother me at all. I moved the widget to the far right screen, and I hardly notice the lock screen and notifications.

rated:
This deal is valid today only.

rated:
This is a very underrated phone... The 16 Gig internal storage is a bit of an issue depending on how my apps or pictures you want to have stored, but even the unlocked ad-free version is good value.

rated:
Why bother with any other Android phone when you can get the Pixel XL? Would you get an iPhone clone? If not, why get an Android clone?

http://www.chinaecarts.com/iphone-6-mt6797-deca-core-25ghz-47inc...

rated:
Remember you can add a Micro SD card and format it as internal storage so the 16gb shouldn't be an issue.

rated:
vcdburn said:   Remember you can add a Micro SD card and format it as internal storage so the 16gb shouldn't be an issue.
  It is a big problem.  Even high quality Micro SD generally significantly slows down your phone if you need to move apps to the SD card.  10GB after the OS is really limiting. 

rated:
fatxman said:   Why bother with any other Android phone when you can get the Pixel XL? Would you get an iPhone clone? If not, why get an Android clone?

To save $650?  

rated:
monroe37 said:   
fatxman said:   Why bother with any other Android phone when you can get the Pixel XL? Would you get an iPhone clone? If not, why get an Android clone?

To save $650?  

Why do Android users only go for the crappiest and cheapest stuff?  That is why iPhone users make fun of us.  The only other Android phone worth getting is the Note 7 and it is now burning in hell.  It is Pixel or bust!

rated:
fatxman said:   
monroe37 said:   

To save $650?  

Why do Android users only go for the crappiest and cheapest stuff?  That is why iPhone users make fun of us.  The only other Android phone worth getting is the Note 7 and it is now burning in hell.  It is Pixel or bust!

Bold statement without considering user requirements for needing a phone.

I'm just looking for a phone that can check email, Whatsapp, maybe stream Netflix/Amazon Prime.  Don't think I need a $700+ phone with the fastest processor to do that when $119 would do.

rated:
mosmos said:   Agreed great phone for the price. However since the most recent update ads are back, and havnt found a working way to remove them again
  Is the new update forced?

ETA: this works on R+, straight out of the box?

rated:
It gives you notification of new update

Works with all 4 carriers (AT&T/TMo/VZ/Sprint ) and their MVNOs

R+/Sprint network needs SIMGLW446C or SIMOLW506C -- 506C is currently $3: http://www.sprint.com/bringyourdevice

rated:
fatxman said:   
monroe37 said:   

To save $650?  

So 3 weeks ago, there wouldn't have been any android phone worth using/getting. I hope that means you are carrying a Pixel now, cause, obviously, no other Android phone is usable.  Does this nonsense apply to all things you buy, like cars, houses, TVs, etc.?

rated:
WindWalker said:   
mosmos said:   Agreed great phone for the price. However since the most recent update ads are back, and havnt found a working way to remove them again

This works on R+, straight out of the box with a Sprint SIM card. ​Specifically: SIMGLW446C 

rated:
Wow, great deal.
I have this phone on RingPlus as a backup. I might just have to grab another for a backup, backup.

Bummer that the bootloaders are now locked on these now. (if that's important to you)
Luckily I had purchased mine before they started locking them.

rated:
WindWalker said:   

The update isn't forced.  At least not on the one I purchased on release day.  It just prompts you asking if you want to update. 

As another has stated, yes, works with RingPlus out of the box.  

rated:
To use on Ringplus you first have to insert a Sprint sim card.

rated:
RobL said:   To use on Ringplus you first have to insert a Sprint sim card.

And then wait for a good promotion. 

You can sign up to get an email about new RingPlus promotions here

rated:
fatxman needs to lay off the Sherm stick.

rated:
fatxman said:   
monroe37 said:   

To save $650?  

That's funny, I make fun of iPhone and high end Android users for wasting their money on something that does the exact same job as a device that you can get for less than 10% of what they are spending. It's just a phone.

rated:
Any idea if BestBuy would pricematch?

rated:
ab2pk said:   Any idea if BestBuy would pricematch?
  NO. Best Buy does not have Lockscreen Ads version.

rated:
I am on the fence on this because the 5 1/2 inch screen size seems enormous. Any current owners wish to comment? How does it fit in your hand and in your front pants pocket?

rated:
mcpagano said:   I am on the fence on this because the 5 1/2 inch screen size seems enormous. Any current owners wish to comment? How does it fit in your hand and in your front pants pocket?
  i have a 5.3" smartphone, no issues holding/using/putting in front pockets (normally jeans).

rated:
good size and fit for my hands. I have a Nexus 5 and 6, like one is too little and one too big, this is just right. I feel like the others are rather fragile. I have a rough and dirty job sometimes so the Moto G4 is a good solid work phone that can take a lot of abuse. Of course the first thing I always do is hunt down a cheap flip cover for insurance.

rated:
fatxman said:   
 Why do Android users only go for the crappiest and cheapest stuff?  That is why iPhone users make fun of us.  

They will still make fun of you but for grown ups it doesn't matter.
What are you compensating for?

rated:
I did a bestbuy chat and they said they would price match.  The purchase has to be made in the store though.

rated:
mcpagano said:   I am on the fence on this because the 5 1/2 inch screen size seems enormous. Any current owners wish to comment? How does it fit in your hand and in your front pants pocket?
I have it and find it a perfect size, no issues at all.

No NFC support, which sucks.

The only minor issue I have is that the camera will not macro focus when using certain cheap apps, others apps work just fine.

rated:
chesspieceface said:   I did a bestbuy chat and they said they would price match.  The purchase has to be made in the store though.
  Except when you go there they won't honor it.  They just want to bring you into the store.

rated:
For those of you using this phone on Ring+, with all the ads, how much data do they consume??

I need one as a backup and have a Ring+ account with only 500mb data. Don't want to go over.

Thanks!

rated:
If I sign up for an Amazon PRIME 30 day trial and buy the phone for $119, will I be able to keep this phone at this price, if I cancel the Amazon PRIME trial within 30 days?

ETA: It looks like I will have to pay $99 PRIME MEMBERSHIP fee upfront to be able to buy the phone at this price. Also the PRIME T&C seem to indicate they can reduce the refund by the prime benefits consumed, so will I end up paying the non-PRIME price anyways if I buy the phone using the PRIME trial?

ETA1: I was able to sign up for the monthly prime at $10.99 per month and avail of this offer.

rated:
Jes1 said:   For those of you using this phone on Ring+, with all the ads, how much data do they consume??

I need one as a backup and have a Ring+ account with only 500mb data. Don't want to go over.

Thanks!

Amazon assured us ads are only over wifi, no data used. I set the data low on my Brisket plan just to be safe, no way I'd need all of it. Just use the phone settings to restrict data on plan renewal. I was just testing the new Brisket throttle on it and streamed CBSN app without any problem on a car trip over .25Mbps throttle. It's enough to check mail, surf deal sites and run my dashboard. Streaming video on a phone can wait till I get around wifi. Sure I'd like full speed LTE but I got a free Sprint direct line for free. 

rated:
I have this from when they first came out. Beautiful screen, quick, nice camera, not a lot of bloatware, etc. I threw a Tracfone AT&T SIM in it with no issue. The ads really aren't an issue. In fact, my only beef with them is there is rarely any "deals" like I remember on my Kindle years ago.

One thing, if you are looking for an SD card to move apps to, make sure it is a real fast card. I had a class 10 PNY Turbo Performance Hi-Speed card that Marshmallow said would be too slow when I tried to move apps over. Bought a SanDisk Extreme U3 card that finally got the job done. Still, not as fast as the internal memory, though, so I moved it back to photo and music storage (I really don't use a lot of apps).

rated:
tiggla01 said:   If I sign up for an Amazon PRIME 30 day trial and buy the phone for $119, will I be able to keep this phone at this price, if I cancel the Amazon PRIME trial within 30 days?

ETA: It looks like I will have to pay $99 PRIME MEMBERSHIP fee upfront to be able to buy the phone at this price. Also the PRIME T&C seem to indicate they can reduce the refund by the prime benefits consumed, so will I end up paying the non-PRIME price anyways if I buy the phone using the PRIME trial?

ETA1: I was able to sign up for the monthly prime at $10.99 per month and avail of this offer.

Don't know if following applies to you.

This item at this price, sold by Amazon. com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.

Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon. com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions  apply. 

rated:
Thanks.Ordered it.

rated:
so close to pulling the trigger, can get it for 101 with amex offer
But with BF so close, think I'm going to wait. My N5 is still going strong

rated:
Being force-fed ads isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather pay the same or a little extra at BB or something. For example at launch Amazon and BB had the same price, except Amazon's come up lifetime ads.

Skipping 6 Messages...
rated:
fatxman said:   
 Why do Android users only go for the crappiest and cheapest stuff?  That is why iPhone users make fun of us.

And now both iPhone & Android users are making fun of you!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016