• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/NETGEAR-AC1200-Dual-Band-Wi-Fi-Router-R61...

Regularly $89.99 and now its $29.99


My first hot deals post.  Please let me know what I missed or need to work on!
Thanks!
 

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Likely due to Netgear sending C&Ds and threatening to sue people that list them as "New" that are not licensed retailers... (more)

RedWolfe01 (Oct. 25, 2016 @ 3:28p) |

This was $20 clearance @ WalMart stores - YMMV

rocketsirsidd (Oct. 25, 2016 @ 6:47p) |

If you're considering this, also consider the TP-Link C20i, available from quite a few vendors on eBay for ~$30 shipped ... (more)

VirtuaL (Oct. 27, 2016 @ 3:33a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is not a complaint. Pricing is good but this is 3 year old technology, so I suspect it is some sort of closeout.

Any comments from current home users?

rated:
Dunno anything in particular about this router, but it's only $30 at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Networks-R6100-100NAS-Dual-Band-G...

rated:
Great first deal posting, wish all were as accurate and well put-together as yours!

rated:
It's great deals.but it wasn't what i need.

rated:
Great deal OP. Keep then coming.

rated:
It doesnt have a USB 3.0 but still a solid router and well worth the $29.99 price. Great post!

rated:
I used to have this before. It stopped working after about 2 years. The signal was not so strong especially for a two-story home. All in all, I would say it's an OK product and well worth $30.

rated:
Just getting to know this forum thanks for the info.

rated:
You forgot to say free in-store pickup or ShopRunner eligible.

rated:
Just wanted to let those of you that may be interested in something similar that I think that the Aetheros SoC used in this model wasn't so good for AP+Client Wifi bridging. Looks like early Netgear firmware supported it, but I jumped up to a later release too early I suppose, then tried OpenWRT and after many hours spent, just could not get this thing to operate as AP+Client.

Other notable spec is 10/100-BaseT only, so I wouldn't get this if you're looking for Gigabit LAN nor if you have 100+Mbps Internet service.

Still a great router for the money as long as your use-cases don't depend on either of the above!  Nice firwst post OP!

rated:
The Amazon listing seems to be for a used item according to the description. 

rated:
timefades said:   The Amazon listing seems to be for a used item according to the description. 
Not sure what you are looking at. The listings are all third-party fulfilled by Amazan, but there are several new ones available for $30 with free shipping via Prime.

rated:
Interesting. The listing by seller S&FH says it is used in the description but it is listed as new. But you are right. There are other listings that say they are new.

rated:
yoregano said:   
timefades said:   The Amazon listing seems to be for a used item according to the description. 
Not sure what you are looking at. The listings are all third-party fulfilled by Amazan, but there are several new ones available for $30 with free shipping via Prime.

  Probably referring to this in product description at Amazon : "Working, Tested, Powerful Netgear On Networks R6100-100NAS Dual-Band AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Router, in Very Good condition, with a little usage wear, that has been well kept, SEE PIC!"

rated:
Hmmmm.I have been renting the router for years from comcast.....looks like I should buy one...😀

rated:
Good price, but Amazon reviews are not good.

rated:
justanothergeek said:   Just wanted to let those of you that may be interested in something similar that I think that the Aetheros SoC used in this model wasn't so good for AP+Client Wifi bridging. Looks like early Netgear firmware supported it, but I jumped up to a later release too early I suppose, then tried OpenWRT and after many hours spent, just could get this thing to operate as AP+Client.
  I assume you mean could not get this thing to operate as AP+Client.

rated:
wish it had gigabit ethernet, else it would have been a great access point.

rated:
Can the Wi-Fi be turned completely off and use this as a wired router?

rated:
po90260 said:   Can the Wi-Fi be turned completely off and use this as a wired router?
  I don't see why not, but what is the point? You could probably get a cheaper wired router with gigabit.

rated:
timefades said:   Interesting. The listing by seller S&FH says it is used in the description but it is listed as new. But you are right. There are other listings that say they are new.
  
Likely due to Netgear sending C&Ds and threatening to sue people that list them as "New" that are not licensed retailers.  https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1336470

If you list them as "Like New" or "used" then Netgear does not care.

rated:
This was $20 clearance @ WalMart stores - YMMV

rated:
If you're considering this, also consider the TP-Link C20i, available from quite a few vendors on eBay for ~$30 shipped too.

The TP-Link is likewise also 10/100 on the ethernet, and only 1x1 AC on the wifi, but does offer wireless bridging (they call it WDS) on both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, so it can be used as a wifi media bridge, with suitable configuration.

I think I once owned one of these Netgear routers, for like a week. I had issues with my laptop seeing the 5Ghz band. (Laptop was dual-band, but not AC.)

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016