• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Chipotle BOORITO - On Halloween night, wear a costume, get a $3 burrito.

https://chipotle.com/boorito

SCORE A $3 BURRITO ON HALLOWEEN Come get ghoulish with us. Just go to any Chipotle in costume from 3pm to close, and you'll get a burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos for only $3.Excludes online, iPhone, Android, fax or catering orders. Only one Boorito per person in costume. Promotion valid in all US, Canada and Europe restaurants. 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
BTW Chipotle BOGO offer is still working.

So, if you have an old Sprint phone , sign up for a free plan and get the coupo... (more)

marcopolomle (Nov. 01, 2016 @ 10:03a) |

Facts: Chipotle-Coli stocks down 40% since a year ago.
Math: Revenue down 15% last quarter
Delusions: Chipotle-Coli stores... (more)

maydepot (Nov. 02, 2016 @ 8:09p) |

Tell you what.... go back to Chipotle-Coli and take a photo of it being "packed" and post it. Make sure to prove it's cu... (more)

maydepot (Nov. 02, 2016 @ 8:19p) |

Another thread that should have auto-expired.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
i remember in college, we used to be dress up in foil for free chipotle. then we went to 4 chipotles in the night and had a meal for the rest of the week (if you saw our servery food, chipotle would be like a ribeye!) (also went to a nerd school)

rated:
now it doesn't matter what you wear because they just want people to come in, earnings are coming out today, they are going to tank again. I love chipotle but those food scares drove people away like crazy

rated:
Go dress as E Coli and you get free diarrhea for Life!

rated:
Luniz97 said:   now it doesn't matter what you wear because they just want people to come in, earnings are coming out today, they are going to tank again. I love chipotle but those food scares drove people away like crazy

Drove by a few prominent locations and they looked like Ghost Town. 

Chipotle-coli is a dead brand, the sooner they close for good the better.

rated:
now that's a scary thought!

rated:
maydepot said:   
Luniz97 said:   now it doesn't matter what you wear because they just want people to come in, earnings are coming out today, they are going to tank again. I love chipotle but those food scares drove people away like crazy

and yet i've been to ones that used to be packed, then were empty after idiots got scared bc a few people got sick and now are packed again.

rated:
The 2 I visit are still packed at all times. Jack In The Box killed someone with their food, and they are still in business. 2/$1 tacos are the best.

rated:
I see employees and stockholders are still trying.... but it's not working.

It looks like Chipotle Mexican Grill isn't headed for a turnaround any time soon. 

Revenue in the latest period tumbled 14.8 percent to $1.04 billion, shy of the $1.09 billion analysts were expecting, according to Thomson Reuters.The burrito chain said net income rose to $7.8 million, or 27 cents a share, from earnings of $144.9 million, or $4.59 a share in the third quarter of last year.

Net income in the latest period included a pretax impairment charge of $14.5 million, or 29 cents a share, and a pretax revenue deferral tied to the Chiptopia loyalty program of $11.5 million, or 23 cents a share.

Chipotle shares initially rose during aftermarket trading on Tuesday, but quickly reversed and were recently trading down about 2.3 percent. 

"While we are on the road to recovery, we are not satisfied," Steve Ells, CEO of Chipotle, said during a conference call on Tuesday.Same-store sales fell 21.9 percent in the third quarter, a deeper drop than the 18.2 percent Wall Street estimated.

In addition, transactions fell 15.2 percent during the quarter."It's not stabilized much," Will Slabaugh, a restaurant analyst with Stephens, said of Chipotle on CNBC's "Closing Bell" on Tuesday. "We've seen it slowly improve, but not at quite the rate where people thought it was going to.

"Chipotle continues to struggle to win back customers despite numerous promotions, freebies and a temporary rewards program. Shares of the company are down more than 36 percent over the past year. 

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/25/chipotle-third-quarter-earnings-2... 

rated:
Sorry, I don't base my lunch decisions on the stock price of a company. What's next? McDonalds is good for you because their stock is near all time highs?

There may or may not have been a widespread issue at Chipotle. That's in the past. Their food is quick, relatively cheap, and filling. The ones around me are busy as well.

Thanks OP. Getting tired of the ecoli jokes on these threads.

rated:
Uh, who said anything about stock prices being a deciding factor in choosing where to eat? Nothing like a non-sequitur argument from employees and stockholders.

Their stock prices are tanking BECAUSE customers have stopped going and not returning. When they closed all the stores' doors earlier this year to address their problems, then proceeded to have another outbreak soon thereafter I was done with this place.

Good riddance to ChipotlE-coli.

rated:
Stubtify said:   Sorry, I don't base my lunch decisions on the stock price of a company. What's next? McDonalds is good for you because their stock is near all time highs?

There may or may not have been a widespread issue at Chipotle. That's in the past. Their food is quick, relatively cheap, and filling. The ones around me are busy as well.

Thanks OP. Getting tired of the ecoli jokes on these threads.

I love Chipotle as my post stated, I go there often.  Just saying how desperate they have become to go from free dressed as a menu item to $3 bucks for everyone in costume.

rated:
Restaurant kills people. Restaurant suffers and maybe goes out of business.

Surviving restaurants try real hard not to kill people in the future.

THE FREE MARKET WORKS!

rated:
maydepot said:   Uh, who said anything about stock prices being a deciding factor in choosing where to eat? Nothing like a non-sequitur argument from employees and stockholders.

Their stock prices are tanking BECAUSE customers have stopped going and not returning. When they closed all the stores' doors earlier this year to address their problems, then proceeded to have another outbreak soon thereafter I was done with this place.

People like you have a problem with facts logic and basic math but are great at buying into mindless hysteria. 

And I'm not saying you fall into these categories but I can't stop laughing when obese people who smoke try and tell me not go eat chipolte bc a few people out of hundreds of millions of burritos sold in a year got sick.This country is full of people who eat mcdonalds and similar garbage every day,smoke cigarettes but are afraid of chipolte  bc of some microscopic chance of getting sick for a few days. It may go under, but if it does it's bc people are sheep.

rated:
Do you need a costume or can you just put on a scary mask?

rated:
Was is Chipotle's entire fault people got sick, or was it from where they sourced it? Grocery stores get bad product, and the stuff that gets recalled for whatever reason (e-coli, listeria) seem to take a bit longer to implement, but the grocery stores stay open.

If it was some sort of cleanleness practice they didn't follow, then yes, they need a kick in the pants causing their change (read stock) to fall out, otherwise I'm not sure why this mole-hill is a mountain.

rated:
pkp413 said:   Do you need a costume or can you just put on a scary mask?
 The cashier at my local Chipotle this afternoon was letting pretty much anything go.  I had a Steve Martin-style Arrow-through-the head and got my my burrito for $3.  

rated:
I dressed like a chipotle customer. Got a laugh and a $3 burrito.

rated:
tuphat said:   
 The cashier at my local Chipotle this afternoon was letting pretty much anything go.  I had a Steve Martin-style Arrow -through-the head and got my my burrito for $3.  

Interesting, since it started at 3 PM not lunch.

rated:
  Like everywhere else, no masks for obvious reasons.

rated:
For those that went already, did they charge extra for double meat and guac, or can you load it up for $3?

rated:
No up charge for guac, not sure about double meat

rated:
Low # of treaters tonight, guess I'll fill up on candy

rated:
maydepot said:   

Maybe you live in a Ghost Town as every Chipotle I visited since they gave BOGO coupons were packed while the nearby McDodo was nearly empty.

rated:
  Eh, I still go. Not worried at all. It was the lemons after all, which are now provided only if you ask for them. Lemons could cause that issue at any restaurant.

rated:
coolbreeze said:   
  Eh, I still go. Not worried at all. It was the lemons after all, which are now provided only if you ask for them. Lemons could cause that issue at any restaurant.

I do not think they really figure out what went wrong, but they changed everything to prevent it again.  The stock still is sucking.

rated:
I went in today shortly after 3pm in Elk Grove, CA. I started as the side door entrance. When I got to the cashier, the assistant was making sure everyone in my party (the rest was seated) was in costume. I was a dirty pirate but I don't know if it was obvious to others.

rated:
BTW Chipotle BOGO offer is still working.

So, if you have an old Sprint phone , sign up for a free plan and get the coupon since it doesn't work on Google Voice#.

rated:
bxlefty23 said:   
maydepot said:   Uh, who said anything about stock prices being a deciding factor in choosing where to eat? Nothing like a non-sequitur argument from employees and stockholders.

People like you have a problem with facts logic and basic math but are great at buying into mindless hysteria. 

And I'm not saying you fall into these categories but I can't stop laughing when obese people who smoke try and tell me not go eat chipolte bc a few people out of hundreds of millions of burritos sold in a year got sick.This country is full of people who eat mcdonalds and similar garbage every day,smoke cigarettes but are afraid of chipolte  bc of some microscopic chance of getting sick for a few days. It may go under, but if it does it's bc people are sheep.

Facts: Chipotle-Coli stocks down 40% since a year ago.
Math: Revenue down 15% last quarter
Delusions: Chipotle-Coli stores being "packed"..... LOL

"me not go eat chipolte bc a few people out of hundreds of millions of burritos sold in a year got sick."

That's as ridiculous as saying Ebola isn't a big deal cause only a few die from it out of billions of people.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
maydepot said:   

Maybe you live in a Ghost Town as every Chipotle I visited since they gave BOGO coupons were packed while the nearby McDodo was nearly empty.

Tell you what.... go back to Chipotle-Coli and take a photo of it being "packed" and post it. Make sure to prove it's current by holding up a newspaper so you're not using a Googled photo from 2014. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016