• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
As in the past years Target will have 10% off Target gift cards Dec 4th only. Not sure if instore and online last year it was both and the limit was $300. Some other deals that have been covered also mentioned in the press release.
https://corporate.target.com/press/releases/2016/10/target-unveils-holiday-2016-plans-including-more-w

More deals in the official Target clearance thread.
Member Summary

target (5.67kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You have never been able to get the 5% red card discount on Target gift cards.

supersnoop00 (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 10:42a) |

You perhaps have not. I, on the other hand, have record of purchasing a Puppy with Bullseye Gift Card on December 20, 20... (more)

publicpersona (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 11:05a) |

It was not allowed by the cashier last year, but I am not sure if the register allow or not..!  But, it was allowed onli... (more)

fatfat2003 (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 11:22a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I think this was online only last year, correct? Does someone know if it's tied to credit card or address?

rated:
can you stack w/ Redcard 5% off?

rated:
rsuaver said:   I think this was online only last year, correct? Does someone know if it's tied to credit card or address?
  It was in-store last year as well, and I don't think the limits are strictly enforced as long as you don't do it all in one purchase.

rated:
Last year I ordered two $300 cards online using two different email addresses.

I recall people using Target gift cards (the ones you get in store as a purchase reward) to buy the discounted gift card(s).

rated:
No.

rated:
No. (in reply to stacking with Target 5%)

rated:
last year, we can use Target GC(i.e. you can buy discounted TG GC from cardpool) to pay for Target GC. But this year I think it will not be possible

rated:
Since you don't get the RedCard discount on buying gift cards, what other cards offer bonuses for shopping at Target? Is one of the 'every day 2% cash back' cards the best bet, or anyone offering higher percentage?

rated:
pitflyer said:   Since you don't get the RedCard discount on buying gift cards, what other cards offer bonuses for shopping at Target? Is one of the 'every day 2% cash back' cards the best bet, or anyone offering higher percentage?
  When did they change this? I bought Starbucks Gift Cards a few weeks ago and it was reduced by 5%

rated:
MannyL08753 said:   
pitflyer said:   Since you don't get the RedCard discount on buying gift cards, what other cards offer bonuses for shopping at Target? Is one of the 'every day 2% cash back' cards the best bet, or anyone offering higher percentage?
  When did they change this? I bought Starbucks Gift Cards a few weeks ago and it was reduced by 5%

no redcard discount on their own GCs but discounts on other merchants' GCs

rated:
Thanks! I've been waiting for this to come up again, wondering if they were gonna do it again this year.

rated:
If you use the gift cards to purchase online, you can indeed stack this with your existing redcard discount.

rated:
good deal!

rated:
glendacc said:   Last year I ordered two $300 cards online using two different email addresses.

I recall people using Target gift cards (the ones you get in store as a purchase reward) to buy the discounted gift card(s).

Target no longer allow to use existing gift cards to purchase new gift card..!

rated:
fatfat2003 said:   
glendacc said:   Last year I ordered two $300 cards online using two different email addresses.

I recall people using Target gift cards (the ones you get in store as a purchase reward) to buy the discounted gift card(s).

Target no longer allow to use existing gift cards to purchase new gift card..!

Not allowed by the register or not allowed by the cashier (but the register still allows it)?

rated:
Online Gift cards are now available at 10% off.

rated:
Any one have issues yet with placing multiple orders? I had a problem last year. (Can't remember if they were cancelled or they just stopped letting me check out.) Had to go to the store last year. Just trying to figure out if I need to plan a trip to Target today.

Edit:  Just started receiving your order was cancelled emails.

rated:
SaulHudson said:   Any one have issues yet with placing multiple orders? I had a problem last year. (Can't remember if they were cancelled or they just stopped letting me check out.) Had to go to the store last year. Just trying to figure out if I need to plan a trip to Target today.

Edit:  Just started receiving your order was cancelled emails.

How many did you try to buy? I just had two orders go through successfully: one logged in and one as guest.

rated:
I did 4 separate orders.  2 cancelled so far.  I suspect the 3rd one will be too.  All were logged in.  I'll try a guest one.

rated:

rated:
Has anyone completed online purchase today with the red card? Was the 5% applied? It seemed like last year it worked, but I see many people saying no here. If it is known not working today, then I'll switch to a 2% reward card.

rated:
No additional 5% with Red card purchase.

rated:
JohnsMom said:   No additional 5% with Red card purchase.
  OK, several have said that without citing why they believe that to be true. It is true, and I've verified that by including a non-GC purchase in the cart and seeing that the red card discount was shown on the last page before committing purchase and only on the non-GC item. It was good to see this for certainty since it was a possible stack on a previous similar promotion (possibly in error).

rated:
SaulHudson said:   I did 4 separate orders.  2 cancelled so far.  I suspect the 3rd one will be too.  All were logged in.  I'll try a guest one.
  Could be your CC company is cancelling the orders, not Target.  I did 3 separate orders without issues.

rated:
publicpersona said:   
  OK, several have said that without citing why they believe that to be true. It is true, and I've verified that by including a non-GC purchase in the cart and seeing that the red card discount was shown on the last page before committing purchase and only on the non-GC item. It was good to see this for certainty since it was a possible stack on a previous similar promotion (possibly in error).

You have never been able to get the 5% red card discount on Target gift cards.

rated:
supersnoop00 said:   
publicpersona said:   

You have never been able to get the 5% red card discount on Target gift cards.

You perhaps have not. I, on the other hand, have record of purchasing a Puppy with Bullseye Gift Card on December 20, 2015 with $300 value and the reconciled amount on my red card was $256.60.Having said that, whatever stroke of luck that applied in that case is not in play for this promo. Use another rewards card instead.

rated:
cilantro said:   
fatfat2003 said:   

Target no longer allow to use existing gift cards to purchase new gift card..!

Not allowed by the register or not allowed by the cashier (but the register still allows it)?

It was not allowed by the cashier last year, but I am not sure if the register allow or not..!  But, it was allowed online last year, and NOT allowed this year.. properly Target fixed this issue.. so, I think the register will not be allowed as well this year as well..!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016