ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Certified Refurbished

$39.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825694007

Compatible with Time Warner, Comcast, Charter, Cablevision, and others
Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX computers
Supports IPv4 and IPv6 to expand network addressing capabilities

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Last night I bought an SB6121 at Goodwill for $4.99. Yes, this one is only 4x4 not 8x4 so max download speed is 150Mbps - but that's way faster than what I am paying for now.

rated:
Be aware: quality assembly/component issues?
ARRIS SURFboard SB modems - bought  using the link from FW, the refurbished one - died within a year. Bought 2nd one new from Amazon - similar story. Both enter into reboot loop with no hope of ending, after a while. Purchased the 3rd one from Amazom - 6mos - still working. Keep my old D-link DCM-202 docsis_2.0 (iron solid but not fast) which is used when SURFboard is dead, and the new one not arrived yet.

rated:
Good deal if your provider lets you use it.

In our area Charter is the sole provider and you can't supply your own modem.  They want their $6 per month rental fee, on top of the $40 per month.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016