• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I just bought this exact item 3 days ago for $25 more! And they won't price match any more. Grrr!!

rated:
Nice! I need to clean a few area rugs and this will pay for itself in one use.

rated:
return and rebuy

rated:
doranski said:   return and rebuy
  Nice idea.

rated:
Both on Macy and Sears sites this has pretty bad reviews. I wonder if Amazon rating is dependable.

Edit:  I got concerned because almost all complains mentioned that it worked great at first and then started acting up or wouldn't even start.  I also noticed that those low rating reviews were all very recent, and that made me start to wonder if that's the reason why Amazon is discounting them.  I could be wrong though.    

rated:
niniss said:   Both on Macy and Sears sites this has pretty bad reviews. I wonder if Amazon rating is dependable.
  Fakespot gives it an A rating (90%+ quality reviews):

http://fakespot.com/product/hoover-power-scrub-deluxe-carpet-was...

Has 6400+ reviews, that's a LOT.

rated:
Nice, thanks!

rated:
Get the SquareTrade 2-Year Floor Care Extended Protection Plan for $5.16 ... just for sure.... In for 1. Thanks.

rated:
I am in market for a vacuum cleaner but realized this is a carpet cleaner.
Any good deals on a vacuum cleaner?

rated:
144 out of 699 reviews on WalMart.com states this unit either leaks or brushes stop working because a cheap plastic part breaks. I guess this deal depends on your tolerance for driving around trying to get your carpet cleaner repaired. I like this comment from Amazon.

"I contacted Hoover again, they called back and wanted me to take the machine to a repair shop in Ohio or Kentucky, I live in Indiana, either place is a 30 mile drive 1 way. Figure 60 miles to drop it off and 60 miles to pick it up at $4.00 a gallon.

I again contacted Hoover and said this is unacceptable for a 3 day old machine with 2 issues to expect me to drive 120 miles to another state to see IF it can be fixed.

I suggested a proper resolution would be to send me a replacement machine and pick up this one.

Again, I received a call from the same person at Hoover telling me how he was trying to help me by suggesting 2 places to take it to that are about 18 miles away...he doesn't even get the mileage correct."

rated:
Hoover or Bissell from Costco?

rated:
In for 1, I grabbed a 2-year squaretrade warranty on Amazon (the $75-$99 Floor Care one) for $4.xx

rated:
Had a Hoover for a long time. Very dependable. Thanks, OP!

rated:
Had for a couple years also and I clean the the gears and brushes after every use and works great.. Guessing people that are having break never clean it just add water and empty the tank.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016