• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy: 4TB Seagate Backup Plus Hub External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive $79.99. Free Shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-backup-plus-hub-4tb-external...

Member Summary

portable hard drive (122.97kB)
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
in for 2
(was out of stock when I tried first time, but NOW OK - thanks to new topic's creator)

rated:
BACK IN STOCK

rated:
The price is $129.99 now.

rated:
I just got one at $79.99. When I used the link from the OP, it went into the cart at that price, but if I clicked on other options (size, color) it reverted to the $129 price when I went back to this one. When I went back to the OP link again, it worked fine. Thanks, OP!

rated:
hbg1 said:   I just got one at $79.99. When I used the link from the OP, it went into the cart at that price, but if I clicked on other options (size, color) it reverted to the $129 price when I went back to this one. When I went back to the OP link again, it worked fine. Thanks, OP!
Yep. Same for me.  Direct link is $79.99 for black, once you start clicking on the colors it becomes $129.99.  Just use OP's link and you're good @ $79.99.

NICE DEAL!

rated:
Question. Does this need external power or does it power with the USB connection?

rated:
Under specs the power source is the AC adapter but under external hard drive type is says portable. Not sure how this is portable.

rated:
gmangut said:   Question. Does this need external power or does it power with the USB connection?
It's a 3.5" drive inside, so it needs an independent power source (i.e. AC adapter). The drive's built in (2 port) USB hub, according to some user reviews, is a powered hub.  If that's accurate, it should be able to power portable (2.5") drives.

Here's a youtube video from one of the BB user reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=M6LJId98eU4 

rated:
I bought this online this morning (before seeing this) and brought it home. Plugged it into my Xbox One and seems to work perfectly. But I too had the problem of the price going up once I clicked on different colors. If you back out and go to it again, the black will show up for $80.
It looks like you need the AC adapter for it to work.  Won't run off USB alone.  Great deal.

rated:
Now seeing $130 when I follow link in OP.

=aw

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016