• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

How to do it:

Add 2 Pairs of FREE Basic Editions Women’s Ankle Boots $19.99 for 1st pair $9.99 for 2nd  http://www.kmart.com/search=%20free%20basic%20editions%20women%E... 
Checkout and get $50+ back in Points
Total = $29.98 + $50.30 back in points. Making this deal a $20.32 Moneymaker

www.kmart.com 

More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
Member Summary

kmart (3.02kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The fine print says the points will be awarded after delivery/pickup. I ordered 4 pairs, and checkout quoted some 90,xxx... (more)

novocane (Nov. 02, 2016 @ 9:25p) |

UPDATE:

I have not yet pu'ed my order. However, the points DID show, but only 40,300, not the 50,300 as my confirm showed... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Nov. 03, 2016 @ 11:01a) |

You had better luck than me. The response I received:

"Thank you for contacting Shop Your Way regarding your points balan... (more)

novocane (Nov. 06, 2016 @ 9:34a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Any reasonable shipping options without picking up in store or max?

rated:
edrucker said:   Any reasonable shipping options without picking up in store or max?

In store avail. in my area is good! also, play around with colors, sizes, to improve finding them. A black size 10 was out of stock at the store closest to me, but size 9 had two pairs.

if you are just doing this deal to make $20 in points, consider donating the boots to a women's shelter or goodwill.

rated:
I'm only getting $30 back in points for the $30 in boots. Where are you seeing $50? Yes, good idea for shelter!

rated:
gisele2828 said:   I'm only getting $30 back in points for the $30 in boots. Where are you seeing $50? Yes, good idea for shelter!

from my order confirm about 10 mins ago.

rated:

NM 

rated:
Thank you! I added 2 pairs of Everlast sweatpants @ $8 1st pair, $4 2nd pair, $12 total gets an additional $10 back in points.

LOL, they took the $10 back in points off when I got to checkout.  So, YMMV.

rated:
I don't know, first I thought it was because I was going thru the Kmart link instead of shopyourway. But with syw link, I only got back $20 in points. I was screwed last time with the points - even though I had screen prints - and cs wouldn't credit me, saying it was an "estimate." A little risky for boots I was planning to give away.

rated:
gisele2828 said:   I don't know, first I thought it was because I was going thru the Kmart link instead of shopyourway. But with syw link, I only got back $20 in points. I was screwed last time with the points - even though I had screen prints - and cs wouldn't credit me, saying it was an "estimate." A little risky for boots I was planning to give away.

Gisele,  http://www.kmart.com/search=%20free%20basic%20editions%20women%E...

are you sure you are adding the right ones to you cart. they are $19.99, bogo50%, so two pairs for $29.99 in your cart. also, be sure to clear your browser history and start over again in case you are picking up old sales data on your browser.

rated:
So the boots give $40 of the SYWR points, but where did the other $10 come from? I can get those extra $10 if I apply a coupon, but don't see another way. Im not opposed to using the coupon, but I did have other plans for it.

edit: going to skip the coupon, and just use all but $.01 in points, but getting $40 back in points. So $10 MM, and some donations.Thanks OP

how long before points will show up on an order that is being mailed? I think i've only done in-store pickups and usually show up almost immediatly

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   So the boots give $40 of the SYWR points, but where did the other $10 come from? I can get those extra $10 if I apply a coupon, but don't see another way. Im not opposed to using the coupon, but I did have other plans for it.

edit: going to skip the coupon, and just use all but $.01 in points, but getting $40 back in points. So $10 MM, and some donations.Thanks OP

how long before points will show up on an order that is being mailed? I think i've only done in-store pickups and usually show up almost immediatly

I was also offered only $40.30 in SYW Points. Surely I missed something. I did get the $19.99 and the $9.99 pairs for a total of $29.98 pre-tax. Help!

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
gisele2828 said:   I don't know, first I thought it was because I was going thru the Kmart link instead of shopyourway. But with syw link, I only got back $20 in points. I was screwed last time with the points - even though I had screen prints - and cs wouldn't credit me, saying it was an "estimate." A little risky for boots I was planning to give away.

Gisele,  http://www.kmart.com/search=%20free%20basic%20editions%20women%E... 

are you sure you are adding the right ones to you cart. they are $19.99, bogo50%, so two pairs for $29.99 in your cart. also, be sure to clear your browser history and start over again in case you are picking up old sales data on your browser.

yes, 2 pairs for $29.98, buy 1 get 1 50% off basic editions.  used different browser, cleared cookies, etc.  still only showing $20 back in firefox.  it's $30 in chrome. thanks anyway...

rated:
The deal is $20 back in points for each pair you get. Points roll - make sure you at least pay a penny! Doesn't seem to be limit.  Usually can get $5 off $50 purchase for an extra $5 MM

rated:
Since adding 2 pairs only comes to $29.98, you'll not gonna get the additional $10 back.  Has to be $40+ purchase.

rated:
linrick said:   Since adding 2 pairs only comes to $29.98, you'll not gonna get the additional $10 back.  Has to be $40+ purchase.

How do you know the actual points credited?  looks like they don't show up til you pick up the items in store if you go that route?  will it show on the pick up receipts how many were earned? if these only get back $30 in points, I don't want them

rated:
"Points valid for 14 days."

rated:
linrick said:   Since adding 2 pairs only comes to $29.98, you'll not gonna get the additional $10 back.  Has to be $40+ purchase.
  that must be my missing link!  thanks,

rated:
It might be the specific pairs of shoes you are putting in your cart if you are getting less than $40 (still can't get $50, though).  I tried and tried to get the "Wilder Black Winter Bootie - Wide Width" that show up in OP's link, but it appears they aren't granting any points.  If I had those + a different pair, I would see $20; two pairs of those estimated only the few cents in points earned standard.

rated:
CrashCart9 said:   It might be the specific pairs of shoes you are putting in your cart if you are getting less than $40 (still can't get $50, though).  I tried and tried to get the "Wilder Black Winter Bootie - Wide Width" that show up in OP's link, but it appears they aren't granting any points.  If I had those + a different pair, I would see $20; two pairs of those estimated only the few cents in points earned standard.
  those were the same I was putting in my card.  I wanted to at least try the wide width.  Still, even with 2 of the others it's not working.  There are only 7 choices altogether anyway.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

How do you know the actual points credited?  looks like they don't show up til you pick up the items in store if you go that route?  will it show on the pick up receipts how many were earned? if these only get back $30 in points, I don't want them

Mine said $40 back but when I look at the extra $10 you mentioned, it said purchase $40+ to qualify.  BTW, sold out of every size.

rated:
linrick said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Mine said $40 back but when I look at the extra $10 you mentioned, it said purchase $40+ to qualify.  BTW, sold out of every size.

few sizes left, or just re-appeared. Grabbed a couple Taupe that I didn't see available until just now. Looks like points post as soon as they ship. I had one order get points already, the next one is taking it's sweet time (employees are searching to see if there are enough to fulfill the order is my guess)

rated:
Did 2 orders (1 for me, 1 for wife) and both shipped already. The bad news is that both of them only got 20,000 points back. I was expecting 40,000 points for each order. Is there a chance that more points will show up in the next couple days? If not, I guess I am returning these.

rated:
ChrisTN said:   Did 2 orders (1 for me, 1 for wife) and both shipped already. The bad news is that both of them only got 20,000 points back. I was expecting 40,000 points for each order. Is there a chance that more points will show up in the next couple days? If not, I guess I am returning these.

your confirmation page should have said $40.xx (depending on how many points you used on initial purchase). Both of mine did, and the one that shipped got credited $40.

edit:  Did you get the one that was a wide-size? That didn't end up resulting in any points, which I caught before ordering

2nd edit:  2nd order just shipped, but only received 20,000 points. not cool. either they credit or they are getting returned, but the confirmation page did say 40,000 points

3rd edit: while talking to customer service, it came up that I only ordered 1 pair on the last transaction. I said I know that isn't right and looked at my order. Well, only 1 pair shipped of the 2, so only half the points were awarded (on the $10 pair thankfully). So if you only received half, it may be due to shipping. 

4th update: 2nd pair finally shipped on my 2nd order, but only received 2,000 in points. Called, and was quickly corrected. 

rated:
bought 24.99 and 19.99 which brought it to 9.99 for a total of 34.99; Confirmation page said $43 in Points back. $9 moneymaker for me with 2 free shoes

rated:
dontcare4myname said:   bought 24.99 and 19.99 which brought it to 9.99 for a total of 34.99; Confirmation page said $43 in Points back. $9 moneymaker for me with 2 free shoes
  not a true moneymaker. monopoly money maker maybe, but not real world money. 

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

What it says at checkout/order confirmation and what is actually credited did never match for me. I always got less points, sometimes none. When called, they say it is an estimate. It all looks voodoo to me.
If I do not get at least what I spend, I usually return the stuff.
Do not trust what it says at checkout!!

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
dontcare4myname said:   bought 24.99 and 19.99 which brought it to 9.99 for a total of 34.99; Confirmation page said $43 in Points back. $9 moneymaker for me with 2 free shoes
  not a true moneymaker. monopoly money maker maybe, but not real world money. 

Free shoes - 2 of them; Paid 34.xx and getting 43.xx (extra $9)
43.xx to buy clearance or regular households items from Kmart. works for me...  

rated:
RaoMonger said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

What it says at checkout/order confirmation and what is actually credited did never match for me. I always got less points, sometimes none. When called, they say it is an estimate. It all looks voodoo to me.
If I do not get at least what I spend, I usually return the stuff.
Do not trust what it says at checkout!!

The fine print says the points will be awarded after delivery/pickup. I ordered 4 pairs, and checkout quoted some 90,xxx points. So far they have not posted, but they have also not been delivered. I took screenshots of my checkout, so will fight them if it comes to it. 

rated:
UPDATE:

I have not yet pu'ed my order. However, the points DID show, but only 40,300, not the 50,300 as my confirm showed.

Happy to report, I called and was told to e-mail the screenshot of the confirmation to info@shopyourwayrewards.com

along with the order # and brief explanation of the issue.

Within 15 hours my 10K points were added. So no hassle from them whatsoever.

Dear Cheap,
Thank you for contacting Shop Your Way regarding your recent bonus offer concerns.
We have credited your account 10,000 points to reflect this bonus offer. Please allow 24 hours for the points to be available on your account. You may visit www.shopyourway.com to view your current balance, account history, print membership card, customize your pin, print/load special offers and become familiar with terms and conditions.
Once again, thank you for contacting us and being a Shop Your Way member. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future.
Sincerely,
Dave
Shop Your Way Member Services
www.shopyourway.com

--Original Message--
Date: 11/02/2016 07:15 PM
To: info@shopyourwayrewards.com
Subject: Missing 10000 points credited on Order #99

Attached is the order confirmation (in 2 parts) received from Kmart.com clearly showing this purchase was to earn 50,300 Points .

My account only reflects a 40,300 point deposit for this order. Please issue an additional 10000 points as verified in the order confirmation.

Thank you. Please advise when fixed.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   UPDATE:

I have not yet pu'ed my order. However, the points DID show, but only 40,300, not the 50,300 as my confirm showed.

Happy to report, I called and was told to e-mail the screenshot of the confirmation to info@shopyourwayrewards.com

along with the order # and brief explanation of the issue.

Within 15 hours my 10K points were added. So no hassle from them whatsoever.

[...]

You had better luck than me. The response I received:

"Thank you for contacting Shop Your Way regarding your points balance.

We are sorry for any confusion the points estimate you saw has caused. The point balance displayed is an estimate only and we are unable to honor those points. The confirmation email does state: Points displayed are estimates only. Points earned vary based on purchase(s), offers, cancellations, or subsequent modifications to your order. If you are ever wondering what your account balance is, you can verify your account balance information by visiting www.ShopYourWay.com. "

It's infuriating that Sears can promise a certain amount of earned points during checkout (with no disclaimer that the points are an estimate) and then deny them after the transaction is complete, even after they review the screenshots of checkout. It's a violation of basic contract law. I guess I'll need to consider my payment to be an estimate only and open a credit card dispute to update my estimate to $0.00. Sigh.

Update: After calling and speaking to a supervisor, I was able to convince them to award the correct number of points. Man, I know that Sears isn't doing too well, but they need to have honest dealings if they want to have any chance of a comeback. Glad I was able to finally resolve it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016