• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hoover has FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner $159.99 - $100/w code "100OFF" = $59.99. Shipping is free. ~49% saving (Price comparison at Amazon ). 

Also 2.5% cashback using ebates.

Member Summary

it (6.64kB)
Thanks fivetalents
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I purchased one of these when it went on sale in October. Hoover sent me a bad unit and they don't take them back. You h... (more)

brianamato (Nov. 03, 2016 @ 9:22a) |

Got one. Spent 20 bucks on mop sponges a couple weeks ago. They are already very dirty. This might actually be cheaper t... (more)

CaCheapSk8 (Nov. 04, 2016 @ 1:40a) |

Got one too.
My old Floormate was great. It lasted me years. Now it does not suck up the water as before.
I hope this on... (more)

tangster (Nov. 04, 2016 @ 6:39a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Awesome gadget. Got one a couple of years ago through this kind of sale. Fantastic investment. Makes cleaning the kitchen floor a mop-free experience, just like vacuuming, but you mop up the dirty stuck on stuff too.

rated:
Got one from Hoover website. Thanks!

rated:
Promotion code is valid only when you buy from Hoover (first link).

rated:
got one. Thanks!

rated:
got 1 thanks op

rated:
Remember to use ebates

rated:
anyone use this on hardwood? I know the manual says it is good on sealed hardwood, but just wanted to ask.

rated:
Word on the street is that this thing is megacrap. Make sure you do your research well before buying. 

rated:
I bought this for the same price from Costco. Great device, great deal, green.

rated:
in for 1. Thanks OP.

rated:
any tips for DIY cleaning solutions to save more?!

rated:
in for 1

rated:
Thanks - this is sort of a gag birthday gift for my boyfriend who is constantly borrowing my Hoover carpet cleaner, and this thing looks like it's carbon copy hard floor version. While funny to get a guy (or ANYONE) an appliance for bday or Christmas, I can tell you he will use it almost daily. I, on the other hand, am the veritable bachelor and rarely touch cleaning appliances - in fact I'm sure the only reason I had the carpet cleaner in the first place was from a must buy FW deal!

rated:
I can't get into my shopping cart to check out. Site is going SUPER slow. FW effect Really hope I can get in on this before they pull it

rated:
Zim said:   Thanks - this is sort of a gag birthday gift for my boyfriend who is constantly borrowing my Hoover carpet cleaner, and this thing looks like it's carbon copy hard floor version. While funny to get a guy (or ANYONE) an appliance for bday or Christmas, I can tell you he will use it almost daily. I, on the other hand, am the veritable bachelor and rarely touch cleaning appliances - in fact I'm sure the only reason I had the carpet cleaner in the first place was from a must buy FW deal!

​It's a hard floor cleaner and not a carpet cleaner

rated:
Have had one for a couple years and it works well - we have these uneven slate-type tiles that looked great in the catalog and on the floor but were a horrible choice since they collect dirt like nobodys business. This cleans them pretty well but we've found to do a good job you have to move it really slowly. Takes about 45 minutes to properly do a 20x20 area, but absolutely beats being on my hands and knees scrubbing tile

rated:
dkd711 said:   any tips for DIY cleaning solutions to save more?!
  We run Pine-Sol mixed with hot water from the tap and it works fine for us.

rated:
I made the mistake of buying this for commercial use. Tried to clean some dirty floors in a restaurant and it failed miserably. I do like the fact that it sucks the water back up but the scrubbing action left a lot to be desired. In the end, it was better just to use some brushes and mops. So might be OK for your home, definitely don't use this if you own a restaurant.

rated:
Every hardwood floor manufacturer specifically advises against these kind of cleaners on their floors.  Every one.  You can guess why.

rated:
This is a very nice floor cleaner. I bought it in April 2016 and highly recommend it.

rated:
In for one.This is the first time to use FW. Nice.Thanks OP

rated:
dushyant said:   
Zim said:   Thanks - this is sort of a gag birthday gift for my boyfriend who is constantly borrowing my Hoover carpet cleaner, and this thing looks like it's carbon copy hard floor version. While funny to get a guy (or ANYONE) an appliance for bday or Christmas, I can tell you he will use it almost daily. I, on the other hand, am the veritable bachelor and rarely touch cleaning appliances - in fact I'm sure the only reason I had the carpet cleaner in the first place was from a must buy FW deal!

​It's a hard floor cleaner and not a carpet cleaner

Read the post again.

rated:
I purchased one of these when it went on sale in October. Hoover sent me a bad unit and they don't take them back. You have to take them to a warranty repair center, even if it's been less than 30 days and it arrived broken. I'm not thrilled with that policy, but I'm hoping the machine functions as it should after I take it in. Green to the OP, because I've heard it's a great machine...

rated:
Got one. Spent 20 bucks on mop sponges a couple weeks ago. They are already very dirty. This might actually be cheaper to use over a year.

rated:
Got one too.
My old Floormate was great. It lasted me years. Now it does not suck up the water as before.
I hope this one is similar. I use Murphy oil soap for wood floors. Works great.
Fingers crossed.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016