• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Might pick up a couple at this price ... NOTE  there is NO way  these are 5000  lumen... 
1000  is the absolute max  on  a good day ...and  a  $4  flashlight will at best get  ~500  or so.
Still   not  a bad deal if they work etc  etc.

rated:
I think they wrongly added an extra 0 in.

rated:
Please don't feed the scammers. If it can't generate 5000 lumens, and they advertise it as such, it's a scam. It may be worth the $4.99, but still a scam. Buying from people like this just encourages them to inflate the numbers.

rated:
spamfree5 said:   Please don't feed the scammers. If it can't generate 5000 lumens, and they advertise it as such, it's a scam. It may be worth the $4.99, but still a scam. Buying from people like this just encourages them to inflate the numbers.

http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED-Components-and-Module...

I'm guessing the idiot confuse 5000K color with Lumen.......  If you going to scam, wouldn't you want to scam on something worth it like the dollar amount instead of some figure?  $4 is about the right price for this decent flashlight.

rated:
Pretty sure this is basically the same light but shipped from China. I got one of these a while back and was impressed for the price. This one is a tiny bit cheaper, but you have to wait longer. It might be worth it if you just want to try one.

ebay 

rated:
If you scroll down in the listing it says flashlight puts out 2,000 lumens.

A good xenon car headlight bulb puts out about 3,000 - 3,600 lumens depending on the color temperature of the bulb. There is no way this flashlight can put out 5,000 or even 2,000 lumens.

This flashlight might put out 400 to 500 lumens at best when using a Li-ion battery. Figure 100 lumens less if using regular alkaline AAA batteries.

This is nothing special and no deal.

rated:
kshowtime said:   Pretty sure this is basically the same light but shipped from China. I got one of these a while back and was impressed for the price. This one is a tiny bit cheaper, but you have to wait longer. It might be worth it if you just want to try one.

ebay

it say it can take 3xAAA but I don't see anything about it.  I think it need something to hold that 3 AAA.  So does it come with this thing holding the 3 AAA batteries?

rated:
kshowtime said:   Pretty sure this is basically the same light but shipped from China. I got one of these a while back and was impressed for the price. This one is a tiny bit cheaper, but you have to wait longer. It might be worth it if you just want to try one.

ebay

I've got a pair of the 1xAA battery version of this and they have been our go-to flashlights for a few years. They came from a deal here, too...I think this one: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1383764

Certainly not 5000 lumens, but it's going to be a good light.

rated:
yes, I bought a similar one sometime ago with a plastic insert holding for 3 AAA

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   

it say it can take 3xAAA but I don't see anything about it.  I think it need something to hold that 3 AAA.  So does it come with this thing holding the 3 AAA batteries?
Same question here. I guess  I will find out . IF not ,  paypal  will  will fix it .... LOL
Also yes to an above  remark .  Full output whatever it may be... requires a LI-ION  Battery.  the  AAA  does not put out enough current.

rated:
I bought this. DEFINITELY not 5k. DOUBT even 2k lumen. It holds 3AAA in plastic cage. I use alot of flashlights for job, this not in category of my 2-3k zoom able with recharge bigger size battery. also, batteries don't last long.

rated:

ebay

They look very similar, and may perform the same, but this deal and the one you pointed to are not identical, if the pictures are to be believed.  The end of the flashlight with the lens is different.   One is smooth in front of the lens and the other has what looks like scoops taken out.  I don't think it makes one better than the other.  The part that really matters is the make of the LED.

rated:
Agree w/ other posters that this can't put out 5000 lumens. My Nitecore Tiny Monster outputs 4000 lumens and requires 4 18650 batteries to do it. Not counting that I paid $150 for my Nitecore.
Doubt they can produce more lumens at this price.

rated:
People on the other deal site are saying that this light not have an XM-L T6, but a much cheaper and not as bright LED.

rated:

rated:

ebay

While they look similar, that's intentional.  The one you linked is most likely a knock off of the first... though that's just a guess.  They could both be knock offs of some other flashlight.  I'm just going with the one you linked is the knock off because it looks cheaper.  The originally linked one has those studs around the lens, plus you can see in yours obvious signs the body was machined and molded in places, where the original one is smoother.  Finally, the cheaper one you linked also upped their claims to 6000 lumens, as if 5000 lumens wasn't already ridiculous enough.

rated:
There about a million of good T6 lights on am a zon right now. None output the inflated lumens, but they're still pretty good mid-range flashlights. I use one for a bike light. This one below has a light, a 18650 battery (how good?), and a charger for $9. I'd get one of these well before the one in this post. Flashlight Link

rated:
I have this one, lumens output same as the $3 cree lights you can get on fleabay or when Amazon has them for sale

rated:
Always have problems with the on/off button on these type of flashlights. They work a few weeks then quit and do not get heavy use.

rated:
got 4 of these toys . They are obviously not as speced ..which I knew going in . 
Output is maybe  200-250 lumen  comparing to a couple of Costco /Duracell  flashlights  which claim 250-350  lumens.
Output with the 18450 batteries I have is less than the  3 pack  of AAA so the DC-Dc converter in these is  crap/cheap.
The LED is not a T6;   pattern is wrong so the seller is  really fudging  the specs.
Told them so and they offered  20 %  refund.
Told them  eh>  these are  $3  flashlights, so make it 25%  and they agreed.
I can live  with these at  $3 each...   
Thoughts ?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016