• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278697#!... 

Kaspersky Int. Security ONE User $45.01 - $45 ER Visa Prepaid (limit TBD) last year was 3  (s/b online THANKSGIVING DAY)

In store FRI-Saturday  Staples MP Ream  $7.99 less $7.98 easy rebate limit 4.

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary

staples (4.22kB)
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I got my download email a half hour after I got my order confirmation email.

metsfan (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 12:06p) |

same here

MrVietnam (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 4:42p) |

Bought 3x KIS downloads using VCO & Amex last week -- wasn't charged any tax in IL and download email came half hour lat... (more)

jatan1986 (Dec. 01, 2016 @ 3:10p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Amazon Dot's @ $39.99

rated:
Overall it looks like Staple*s bowed out of BF. Maybe Cyber Monday will be better.

rated:
No free after rebate universal remotes, corded phones, photo paper, Norton software with 2-3 rebates?  Bah.

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   No free after rebate universal remotes, corded phones, photo paper, Norton software with 2-3 rebates?  Bah.

you're living in 2012, haven't seen rebates to make those items free in years.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
sportsfan64 said:   No free after rebate universal remotes, corded phones, photo paper, Norton software with 2-3 rebates?  Bah.

2012 BF wasn't that great either.  I think the decent FAR stuff was more like 2008 and earlier.   

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

2012 BF wasn't that great either.  I think the good FAR stuff was more like 2007-2008.   

the photo paper was still around then. the remotes and phones were further back, however, we did see more in the way of free a/rebate pens, pencils, free after rewards blotter calendars, etc up until a few years ago.

rated:
I want FAR Duracell batteries! My supply from 2011 is running out!

rated:
FatRick said:   I want FAR Duracell batteries! My supply from 2011 is running out!

Office Depot has been running that deal, just last week.

rated:
lol

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
FatRick said:   I want FAR Duracell batteries! My supply from 2011 is running out!

Office Depot has been running that deal, just last week.

And if memory serves, last year @ OD/OM you could buy 2 in total(AA or AAA) every week starting Black Friday through the end of the year. 100% back in rewards just like Staples USED to do.

rated:
You forgot the Modem and CD Drive.

rated:
CA software, rebate and upgrade rebate for every software, pieces of software boxes, photocopies of previous CD's, upc's & upc copies... and in the end a free laptop...  its been a decade.

rated:

Can we still get 10 off 50 coupon or are they gone forever?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   CA software, rebate and upgrade rebate for every software, pieces of software boxes, photocopies of previous CD's, upc's & upc copies... and in the end a free laptop...  its been a decade.

Yep, multiple offers for the purchase of one computer. Sill have my very first (FREE) laptop from that deal in 2007.  was a floor model for $299 with ok specs at the time, laughable now!  But it is still kicking!

rated:
nanga said:   
Can we still get 10 off 50 coupon or are they gone forever?

gone for the time being. hopefully some discounted Staples GC deals on eBay or Staples will start soon.

rated:

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I don't do OD, just Staples.

rated:
I am just happy to be able to cash-in my ink rewards. It has become increasingly difficult with more cashier's refusing multiple use of coupons on the weekly MP reams.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   I am just happy to be able to cash-in my ink rewards. It has become increasingly difficult with more cashier's refusing multiple use of coupons on the weekly MP reams.
That's a shame. My cashiers keep telling me I only need to print one copy, not four. But I know if I do that, I'll get someone new who will demand four.   

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   CA software, rebate and upgrade rebate for every software, pieces of software boxes, photocopies of previous CD's, upc's & upc copies... and in the end a free laptop...  its been a decade.
...........and I'm still using my FAR Acer laptop which doesn't even have a webcam but nothing beats CompUSA's AOL deal.

rated:
Thanks for posting.  I guess I won't be at Staples this BF.  It seems the weekly ad has more hot deals than the BF ad.

rated:
metsfan said:   
fwuser12 said:   I am just happy to be able to cash-in my ink rewards. It has become increasingly difficult with more cashier's refusing multiple use of coupons on the weekly MP reams.
That's a shame. My cashiers keep telling me I only need to print one copy, not four. But I know if I do that, I'll get someone new who will demand four.   

It used to be quite friendly with just an occasional cashier refusing (or just a newbie who needed to be "trained"). I have even had a manager come by to sort it out when needed.

In the past few months, all that has changed. Almost every cashier seems to already be aware of the "limit one" on coupon and state that upfront. Once, a manager also stuck with what is on the fine print. Previously, I could simply avoid the one-two cashiers that were known to be coupon unfriendly. Now it is hard to find even one that is friendly.

A tangential observation: There has been a lot of staff turnover (mainly at the lowest tier of cashiers) at my local Staples. Store manager/assistant managers and a few senior associates have been around for a long time. Other than that, I rarely see anyone for more than 2-3 months.

rated:
FatRick said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I don't do OD, just Staples

Well I didn't either until they started having 100% back in rewards for batteries even though the OD store is much closer than Staples. The key to OD deals is to recycle 10 ink carts for another $20 wyb a battery pack. I look at the $20 back from ink recycling (essentially an almost free $20) as a way of reducing the price on what I buy when I get the battery rewards.

rated:
hi mr c , what is the deal on visa er prepaid , could not understand it

rated:
henryj1 said:   hi mr c , what is the deal on visa er prepaid , could not understand it
  Kas ONE has a $45 rebate. Just about all rebates are Visa prepaid cards. ER= Easy Rebate.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278697#!... 

Link is now alive again.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

No FAR shredder, DVDs or scanners either.

Oh... maybe I'm still in 2002.  

rated:
cows123 said:   
Oh... maybe I'm still in 2002.  

I doubt it.
Till 2008 they were still doing the FAR Modem.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
...........and I'm still using my FAR Acer  laptop which doesn't even have a webcam but nothing beats CompUSA's AOL deal.

Both CompUSA's penny phones  and Amazon's AOL deal beat that deal, hands down!

Penny phones was buy a phone for a penny - was Moto V600 flip, if I recall-  then cancel contract after receipt (no return of phone required) AND get a free $100 free BT headset. Pretty sure this was 1998 or 1999.

Amazon's AOL was better.  Sign up for AOL, get a $100 Amazon Gift card.  Deal lasted about 25 minutes... I signed up something like 30 times.... every gift card was valid and subsequently used...
Cancelling AOL became harder, until someone finally figured out that cancelling by FAX was super easy.  Created a form, then faxed in all the cancellations under different account names.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
You forgot the Modem and CD Drive.

FAR Fax machines!!!

rated:
Certainly not as good as Staples BF in it's heyday, but better than your average Staples weekly ad. Most weeks the reams aren't FAR without a coupon, the Kaspersky IS hasn't been FAR all year, and the Chromecast 2 at $25 is a solid price,so it's much better than any other week, and if Staples ever stops with FAR items,will pine for a BF like this,with the opportunity to cash out $167 in rewards,assuming 3  Kas. IS and 4 reams,or for meeting a spending req. for a new cc or getting the 5% on a Chase Ink or Amex Business simply cash card.

rated:
Amazon Firestick $30

rated:
  Not to mention going to Circuit City, getting 110% price matches to Staples & OD & BB, and then submitting the CC rebates (which the CC associates couldn't see when they were doing the price match). I frequently got paid to "buy" stuff at CC: hard drives, flash drives, SD cards, etc.. 

rated:
I have a decent supply of corded phones, but hope to get some FAR 5" floppy disks. 

rated:
Is the KIS $45 rebate likely to be useable if we did the KAV $22 rebate recently? I cashed out 2 months of ink rewards on those. And just got my Nov rewards today.

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   Is the KIS $45 rebate likely to be useable if we did the KAV $22 rebate recently? I cashed out 2 months of ink rewards on those. And just got my Nov rewards today.

Thanks!
=aw

Yes. Totally separate rebates.

rated:
Thanks. I recall there was some company (was it McAfee?) that also limited rebates by customer through the year, across multiples. Happy to hear that's not a concern.

There are a couple of things that actually interest me (as things, not as prices . They have the Logitech K480 BT keyboard for $20, I've looked at it in-store but never been interested enough (at $50) to check reviews. I probably still won't buy it, but $20 makes me want to check if it's useful.

The other is the "HP Social Media Snapshots" 25/pack for $1 (reg $10), in-store only, Fri-Sat only. It looks to me like it's photo paper that looks like an old Polaroid print, with Post-It adhesive on the back. Though I assume the Target audience for this has never seen a Polaroid print in real life.

=aw

rated:
Wow! I can't believe Staple's BF items... they suck!

Skipping 51 Messages...
rated:
Bought 3x KIS downloads using VCO & Amex last week -- wasn't charged any tax in IL and download email came half hour later

135.03 - 25 VCO = 110.03 charged - 20 Amex = 90.03 - 3.96 online cash back - 135 rebate = $49 MM plus 5.50 rewards earned

Rebate was initially rejected due to "missing UPC" but it looks like they automatically reprocessed it a few days later -- was about to contact them but current rebate status shows "Validation in progress"

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016