• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Zero feedback as seller equal RUN away!

rated:
ffrob said:   Zero feedback as seller equal RUN away!
  I see lots of feedback (all in German though).  Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Oh, that is feedback left as a seller.

rated:
If anyone is staying up at nights seriously worried about having their $5 swindled....

eBay Money Back Guarantee

rated:
I wouldn't allow myself to be buried in shoes that looked like that. Good deal, though, for the cheap.

rated:
Why is it giving a foreign currency rate above the US, but the location is supposedly New York? Something doesn't seem right, but PayPal has my back (right near where they shove their fees)

rated:
Thanks for the find. Got one pair. Now, let's wait and see if they'll come.

rated:
maydepot said:   If anyone is staying up at nights seriously worried about having their $5 swindled....

eBay Money Back Guarantee

However, I believe if the seller drains all of the money out of their account and walks away, the stiffed buyer is SOL.  PayPal will not give you money out of their own pockets.  If they can't collect money from the seller, the buyer gets nothing.

I have a feeling that this is a hacked account.  It sold german car stuff to germans in the past but has been dormant for over a year and now suddenly is selling hundreds of brand new pairs of shoes?  Suspicious.

EDIT:  I was correct.  The account has been shut down and eBay says, "an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item"

rated:
Totally wrong. eBay will refund no matter what. If the seller drained their account, they will get hit with overdraft charges. 

Even if I do end up losing $5, no biggie. I've been scammed so often by rebate companies (some posted here) that I lost count. 

rated:
maydepot said:   Totally wrong. eBay will refund no matter what. If the seller drained their account, they will get hit with overdraft charges.   

That was not my experience.   I had a situtation where I never received an item, PayPal sided in my favor but could not collect money from the seller (he had drained his account) and I never got anything.

Perhaps PayPal/eBay have changed their policy/practice since then.

rated:
Dead

This listing (282245055183) has been removed, or this item is not available.

• Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

rated:
Weirdly-formatted email just received from eBay:
You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:     282245055183 - HOT! Outdoor Men's Salomon Speedcross 3 Athletic Sneakers Running Hiking Shoes   We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:        - If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by xxx}. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:           http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com             - If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay ’s protection, please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.              - If you haven't paid for your item, consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.        In this situation, your account wasn't accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:       http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting.htmlThanks,eBay 

rated:
Ime as a eBay buyer. ALWAYS seek refund through eBay 1st. If eBay decides against me then & only then seek refund from Paypal.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016