• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Link

Part of their 24hr sale. Best price I've seen thus far on this model as a refurb.

Member Summary

Asus AC68R (11.41kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Great router. I've owned mine for a year and it's probably the best router I've owned. No reboots except when I flash firmware, it doesn't freeze up like other routers

2.4GHZ tops out at about 40Mpbs or around 8MB/sec
5Ghz tops out at 230Mpbs or 30MB/sec

2.4Ghz goes further by about 30 feet reliably.

both are tested at 40+feet away from the AP and between floors, /so i'm trying to give you a "real world" review.

rated:
Does anyone have any experience with refurbished products from Newegg?

rated:
Asus AC68 the U and R aversions are the same hardware. U is online and R = Retail. Asus AC68R 802.11ac AC1900 has CPU using 1 GHz Broadcom BCM4709 instead of the 800 MHz Broadcom BCM4708 used in the Asus U and R versions. I like the Asus router, but I do not think it is very user friendly. Here`s a good article about new Modem Router jonsguide. Look video Asus AC68R 802.11ac AC1900

rated:
Down to $89.99 now.

rated:
BTW, the RT-AC87U refurb is also on sale for $109.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320221&... For $10 more it's probably worth it. Mine just arrived can report back on quality later today.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016