• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Visa GC (11.67kB)
Disclaimer
Office Depot / Office Max  $15 OFF When you purchase $300 of Visa® gift cards 

Offer valid in store only 11/20/16 – 11/26/16.
 Limit one (1) offer per customer. - NOT enforced at all locations
 Discount applied at register.
 The Visa® Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank; Member FDIC.
UPDATE:  Offer valid in store only. YMMV - Limit of one is not always enforced.  MAX DISCOUNT $15.00 DISCOUNT IN ONE TRANSACTION.
YMMV - some stores did not have $100.00 flat rate card.  the $200.00 flat rate cards were NOT in any of 3 stores I visited.
Variable rate VCG cards up to $200 had a purchase fee $6.95.  Flat rate $100.00 VCG cards ~~had a purchase fee $5.95. 
Purchases over $300.00 only received $15.00 discount. 

More deals in the official Office Depot coupon thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
JW10 said:   Office Depot / Office Max  $15 OFF When you purchase $300 of Visa® gift cards 

Offer valid in store only 11/20/16 – 11/26/16.
 Limit one (1) offer per customer.
 Discount applied at register.
 The Visa® Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. MetaBank; Member FDIC.
 Offer valid in store only. YMMV - Limit of one is not always enforced.  Try for three two hundred dollars - that has been the best combo in the previous similar sales.  $600.00 VCG for about $591.xx

That's a risky piece of advice there. I wouldn't be buying $600 worth to 'test' if a limit is going to be enforced. Voiding VGC's is a pain to a cashier cause each card has to be activated one at a time and voiding and re-ringing if you get burned is a PITA.

rated:
Cards are not activated until paid for at my Office Max and Office Depots. I just monitor the screen as the cards are rung up. Historically this fall, the same promotion has had the same or similar wording. My suggestion is based on experience for the same promo in September and October 2016.

The same stores ran a $100.00 VCG promo Monday and Tuesday last. Ad said one only. At different stores, I got up to five per single transaction. Stores did not limit. I had my own reason for stopping at 2,3 or 5 cards per sale on a single receipt.

rated:
JW10 said:   
The same stores ran a $100.00 VCG promo Monday and Tuesday last. Ad said one only. At different stores, I got up to five per single transaction. Stores did not limit. I had my own reason for stopping at 2,3 or 5 cards per sale on a single receipt.

True, but the limit 2 on the previous $300 visa promotion was enforced by the register, someone on doctorofcredit mentioned he bought 6 $200 cards in one transaction but only received $30 off not $60.     

rated:
That guy got greedy. I did two batches of three x $200.00 on two different CC with no problem.
Repeat and rinse at two other locations the same week.

rated:
My local OD stores all have restrictions on the number of cards one can buy per day.  One store has a limit of 5 (all gift cards with $99+ are locked up and the manager has to get from lock room every single time) and the other two stores only allow 2 cards.

rated:
UPDATE: Offer valid in store only. YMMV - Limit of one is not always enforced. MAX DISCOUNT $15.00 DISCOUNT IN ONE TRANSACTION.
YMMV - some stores did not have $100.00 flat rate card. the $200.00 flat rate cards were NOT in any of 3 stores I visited.
Variable rate VCG cards up to $200 had a purchase fee $6.95. Flat rate $100.00 VCG cards ~~had a purchase fee $5.95.
Purchases over $300.00 only received $15.00 discount.

rated:
My Office Depot was out of the $200 VISA cards and was offering the $20-$200 variable as qualifying for the $15 rebate. This particular card also had a $5 back/credit on the face of the packaging automatically loaded to the card on fist use so be on the lookout for one to make it $20 back on $300. YMMV

rated:
I noticed the variable load Metabank Visas but was scared negate they had particular applications and I wondered if they are hard coded to only work for certain types of merchants. Anyone have any experience with this?

rated:
Smart. Yes the specialized purpose cards like dining ~Anywhere Visa, salon ~Anywhere Visa and groceries ~Anywhere Visa do have hard coded merchant codes and are almost impossible to cash out. I see more complaints than smiles in the blogs about that. Dining specialty cards are not always working in some dining places especially when the business takes about 20% out of the authorization for anticipated tip. Given you are only going for a few bucks plus the reward on your credit card, IMO avoid those cards

Another blog member reports   ~Dinning Everywhere did not work for MO at WM, but it did at Stop and Shop

Add this  http://www.doctorofcredit.com/office-depot-sells-200-dining-anyw... 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016