• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Deal Notes: This is the regular price from most retailers for the Impact Driver combo kit (Google Shopping). However the free M12 3/8" Ratchet is also regularly $99.00 making this combo roughly half price.

Includes: M12 1/4 in. hex impact driver, M12 cordless 3/8 in. lithium-ion ratchet (2457-20), M12 lithium-ion charger, two M12 REDLITHIUM batteries, belt clip and carrying case

• LED light on tool illuminates work space
  • Ball detent recess secures 1/4 in. bits
  • Fuel gauge on tool indicates remaining battery life
  • 5-year limited tool warranty; 2-year limited battery/charger warranty
  • Compact yet powerful at only 10-3/4 in. long and 1.9 lbs.
  • Milwaukee 1/4 in. hex impact driver(2462-20) delivers 1,000 in. lbs. of torque and 0-2,500 RPM for increased fastening speed
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Note the two not one batteries. Is 12 volts underpowered?

rated:
Not for every day use.. I just completed a large remod of my house, the M12 impact did fantastic including the drill and drilling holes for door knobs (so about 2.25 inch holes) I rarely reach for my M18 stuff.

as for the ratchet, I have one that is 2 years old, I use it daily repairing cars and haul it to the pick a part yards. if I had to pick on it for something, the glue let go on the rubber hand grip a few months ago, but it's always subjected to oily hands and oil leaks. I actually noticed a drop in my electric bill because charging this thing costs about as much as one cycle of my air compressor (when I used air ratchets) and no hose getting in the way!

I just bought another set. I don't need the impact driver (or charger) so I will likely sell the impact/battery/charger and keep the ratchet and other battery. Likely get most of my money back.

rated:
Bagofchips said:   Note the two not one batteries. Is 12 volts underpowered?
That depends on your expectations, but equating tool voltage directly to power is a slippery slope at best. I haven't used these tools, but they look to use the same battery design as the Craftsman 12V Li-Ion Nextec series (but likely "keyed" differently so not to be swap-compatible). I have the equivalent Craftsman Nextec impact driver, and I'm amazed at how powerful it is for its size--and yes all from that little 12V battery! 

Imo this looks to be a great deal if you could use both these tools, and I'd be tempted if I didn't already have Nextec tools.

rated:
Bagofchips said:   Note the two not one batteries. Is 12 volts underpowered?
  I have both of these tools as well as the drill driver and 1/2 inch impact wrench and the cutoff saw.  Best investment I ever made.  Milwaukee tools are the best you can buy for the money.  Definitely not under powered.  Best tools I love most are the impact driver and the ratchet.  Only because I find I use these most.  You cannot go wrong with this kit and wish I could have gotten them both for $99.  If you have never used an impact driver before, once you do, you will never go back to anything else.  

I just bought the tools alone and the batteries and chargers I picked up from eBay.  A lot of people and contractors sell their extras (new).  Cheaper to buy the charger and batteries on eBay.  Milwaukee for life.  Lastly, if you do automotive work you really need to check out the M18 Impact Wrench.  It is my go to tool when removing tough bolts, lugs, etc... or a lot of bolts in seconds.

rated:
OOS online and not available in stores.

rated:
Back in stock!!

rated:
sold out

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016