• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon Prime $79 on Friday Nov 18 to celebrate Grand TourYahoo News [yahoo.com ]

Start on Friday November 18 at 12:00AM ET and ending at 11:59 PM PT.  

Member Summary

amazon prime (6.81kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yeah - you're not sharing an account, you're just sharing the Prime benefits. And it's not all the benefits - just the 2... (more)

vnuts21 (Nov. 18, 2016 @ 4:48p) |

Thank you OP! I've been expired since April and it went through for me.

eh82 (Nov. 18, 2016 @ 5:26p) |

It worked for me.Thanks OP

evenhunter (Nov. 19, 2016 @ 12:30a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Nice, but evidently for "new Prime members" only.
Let's hope this Prime discount deal is REAL, unlike the last (imaginary) Prime discount deal posted on Fatwallet in September.

rated:
Pretty sweet.

rated:
gift it to myself?

rated:
Last year, I was about a month left on my Prime sub when the new member promo hit
I called and asked if I could cancel the last month, and get the $75 rate special rate
CS said no problem they would issue a prorated refund and started my new year of Prime at the discounted rate
Of course YMMV

rated:
Mine expired in September, waiting for this

rated:
Looking forward to this since mine just expired last week.

rated:
Mine is up in December. 2yrs and they still haven't dropped a new Fire Phone. Damn.

rated:
Thinking maybe cancel my membership and have my wife sign up. If I cancel, there is a pro rated refund right? I know a poster above got it but not sure if that's common practice or not.

rated:
LORENW said:   Last year, I was about a month left on my Prime sub when the new member promo hit
I called and asked if I could cancel the last month, and get the $75 rate special rate
CS said no problem they would issue a prorated refund and started my new year of Prime at the discounted rate
Of course YMMV

Did the same. I did cancel the day before the promo though, which I recommend if you want to do this again. That way you are technically not a member on the day you are looking to join.

rated:
Interesting deal.

rated:
I like a good deal. I was thinking about getting Prime for the early deals. The special rate just made my decision easier.

rated:
Keep in mind those of you that are cancelling - some of the older Amazon Prime benefits are grandfathered in, and cancelling/signing up again, you lose those. Most important one is being able to share 2 day shipping with "household" members (I share mine with a lot of people).

rated:
Are there any other benefits besides that

rated:
With Amazon Business, I get free 2 day shipping on orders of $49 or more.

rated:
I just got mine for $79 plus tax (California)

rated:
Shows $99 for me even though I haven't had Prime in one month

rated:
jsimon7777 said:   With Amazon Business, I get free 2 day shipping on orders of $49 or more.
That's the norm for non Prime members. 

rated:
linrick said:   
jsimon7777 said:   With Amazon Business, I get free 2 day shipping on orders of $49 or more.
That's the norm for non Prime members. 

The norm is free GROUND SHIPPING on $49+ of items sold/fulfilled by AZ. jsimon7777 gets free TWO DAY SHIPPING on $49+.

rated:
My PRIME expired in May and I was waiting for a discount.
Just got it - thanks for the heads up OP.
Just note the discount price does not show up in your cart - it shows up as a discount when you are at checkout.
Could have saved me some time chatting with them this morning if I had known that.

rated:
here is what Amazon says:

Until November 18th at 11:59 p.m., PT, eligible new members can join Amazon Prime for $79 plus applicable taxes for the first year and enjoy member-only benefits and content, including The Grand Tour. Although the price in your cart will show $99, the promotion discount will be applied at checkout. You will be charged when you place your order.

rated:
My Prime ran out two weeks ago. Just did it on line and the discount showed up at checkout as expected. Received a welcome to Prime email

rated:
Got charged tax on the membership here in CT. WTF?
Correction, final bill had tax deleted.

rated:
Just cancelled & spent 10 minutes on the phone to get the deal. My monthly subscription was expiring tomorrow, so this saves me a nice chunk of change. Thank s OP!

rated:
YMMV - I was able to chat with Amazon CSR and they said I had to cancel to get this promo. I said I didn't want to since it would cancel my family sharing on this, and they offered me a $15 promotional credit instead.

rated:
vnuts21 said:   YMMV - I was able to chat with Amazon CSR and they said I had to cancel to get this promo. I said I didn't want to since it would cancel my family sharing on this, and they offered me a $15 promotional credit instead.
  I came up empty going this route. I'm up for renewal in a week. Told me I wasn't eligible for any kind of credit since I used "79 free shipping benefits."  She didn't really understand that I was asking for a goodwill credit of sorts... think she thought I was asking for a credit based on some sort of "unused portion" of my benefits if I cancel.

So looks like my option is to cancel.  I've never used the "household sharing" benefits.  What is that, and am I really giving something up if I cancel/renew today?

rated:
vnuts21 said:   Keep in mind those of you that are cancelling - some of the older Amazon Prime benefits are grandfathered in, and cancelling/signing up again, you lose those. Most important one is being able to share 2 day shipping with "household" members (I share mine with a lot of people).
  for sharing account with friends, can you choose not to share credit or debit card for payment method? thank you.

rated:
Can you just gift it to yourself?

rated:

warning (41.64kB)
Disclaimer
Anybody have the deal / gift link?

I click on the buy now in the original email and I can't find the box "gift" when I use the link. 
FatWallet Email said: To celebrate the launch of "The Grand Tour", Amazon is offering a 1-Year Amazon Prime Membership for only $79.99! This deal will run for one day only and is valid for new customers. You can also give it as a gift.

rated:
Add prime to cart. I just signed up and moved off a friends acct.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pipeline/prime_gifting_landing?

rated:
ShortChop said:   Anybody have the deal / gift link?

I click on the buy now in the original email and I can't find the box "gift" when I use the link. 
FatWallet Email said: To celebrate the launch of "The Grand Tour", Amazon is offering a 1-Year Amazon Prime Membership for only $79.99! This deal will run for one day only and is valid for new customers. You can also give it as a gift.

Found this when I went to the Gift of Prime page

Looking to join Prime for $79?Join Amazon Prime for $79 (normally $99) and save $20 on your first year’s membership. Offer valid through 11:59pm PT on Friday, November 18th. To sign up, click here 

Promotion does not apply to the gift of Prime. 

rated:
~~Although the price in your cart will show $99, the promotion discount will be applied at checkout....
It worked for me, $79.00~~
Order placed  November 18, 2016 
 Total  $79.00

rated:
I paid $299 for a year, but that includes everything.

rated:
kanderna said:   
vnuts21 said:   YMMV - I was able to chat with Amazon CSR and they said I had to cancel to get this promo. I said I didn't want to since it would cancel my family sharing on this, and they offered me a $15 promotional credit instead.
  I came up empty going this route. I'm up for renewal in a week. Told me I wasn't eligible for any kind of credit since I used "79 free shipping benefits."  She didn't really understand that I was asking for a goodwill credit of sorts... think she thought I was asking for a credit based on some sort of "unused portion" of my benefits if I cancel.

So looks like my option is to cancel.  I've never used the "household sharing" benefits.  What is that, and am I really giving something up if I cancel/renew today?

You could just try again with a different rep. 

rated:
fatfatfatfatnow said:   
vnuts21 said:   Keep in mind those of you that are cancelling - some of the older Amazon Prime benefits are grandfathered in, and cancelling/signing up again, you lose those. Most important one is being able to share 2 day shipping with "household" members (I share mine with a lot of people).
  for sharing account with friends, can you choose not to share credit or debit card for payment method? thank you.

Yeah - you're not sharing an account, you're just sharing the Prime benefits. And it's not all the benefits - just the 2 day shipping. 

rated:
Thank you OP! I've been expired since April and it went through for me.

rated:
It worked for me.Thanks OP

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016