Voting History
rated:
Dell 2.5" 512GB Internal SSD (A8531884 ) = $339.99
Instant Savings = -$140.00
Dell PROMO eGift Card = -$100.00

TOTAL COST = $199.99 + $100 Dell Gift Card with Free Shipping

Dell Promo eGift Card T&C
www.dell.com/giftcard/promoterms 
Promotional Gift Card ships separately from purchase and typically arrives in 10-20 days from ship date via email and carries a 90 day expiration (except where prohibited by law). Dell can only accept a limited number of Promo Cards per purchase and funds may not be consolidated with Prepaid or other Promo Cards. Multi-card payment can be requested by phone sales only.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
you can get 500 gb ssd for around 100 $..and not have to deal with Dells website and gift cert crap..50 % chance of your order getting messed up somewhere...

rated:
this is not a deal at all.

If you purchase from Dell, that means paying sales tax as well... at least in my state besides waiting for your giftcard (10-20 days... business days no doubt) to process as part of the promo which is full of terms, restrictions and other rules in addition to expiring unlike cash (not listed as part of $200 price).

buy 1 ssd from Newegg when on-sale and save your money. Gift cards are sold at a discount because they are less useful than cash and lock you into only products available from the vendor at the price the vendor decides to offer as fair.

rated:
trumpotron said:   you can get 500 gb ssd for around 100 $..and not have to deal with Dells website and gift cert crap..50 % chance of your order getting messed up somewhere...
  This is totally right!! u get a 512 ssd for ~$105. Dell GC is useless...cant use it ; cant keep it

rated:
wow look at all the TC.  If you have GCs to roll which I do this is a great deal.  Also ebates has 12% off - more than compensates for the tax plus some. 

rated:
The value would be determined from who makes this SSD - you can buy cheap SSDs all day long, like my first Kingston, which failed under warranty.

I only have Samsung (840/850 Pro) SSDs now, and 512gb for a Samsung MLC drive would be an admirable deal.

Once again, who manufactures this drive for Dell - does anyone know?

rated:
Samsung playing demand with their EVO 850, it fluctuates between $129-179.  Today's price was $168.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016