• Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

GeForce GTX 1080 (9.85kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I ordered from eBay, it arrived, it's a 1070. The order invoice shows 1080 all over, including UPC. So I guess I am go... (more)

kdn102 (Nov. 21, 2016 @ 5:08p) |

Ha, already a few negative feedback on eBay for the 1080 fiasco. Even if all 1300 people do that it will only lower the... (more)

kdn102 (Nov. 21, 2016 @ 7:15p) |

I doubt anyone is subscribed to this, but I went to BB last night and they did the exchange! So if anyone still has a 1... (more)

kdn102 (Dec. 01, 2016 @ 11:03a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It was price mistake - looks like Best Buy removed it. But Best Buy eBay link is still active : http://www.ebay.com/itm/322234403067

rated:

rated:
Hmm - placed an order for pickup via eBay. Lets see if it goes through

rated:
Note the image is for the 1070

rated:
Also the breadcrumbs for the link says 1070 and if you click that breadcrumb link you get this page.

http://www.ebay.com/p/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-founders-edition-8... 

Basically the title is wrong on the 1070 page. Not trying to rain on any parades but I think you will get the order but it will be a 1070. Might get lucky if the person in the warehouse picks up a 1080 from looking at the name and not some sku or barcode.

rated:
...And got refunded

rated:
mAdMaLuDaWg said:   ...And got refunded
  Did they offer you $50 inconvenience credit?

rated:
$50 credit given.

rated:
nope - no credit here since I went through eBay and PayPal 

rated:
polishdreamer said:   $50 credit given.
  How did you get $50 credit - please let me know. I'm interested in $50 credit than GTX 1080 lol

rated:
Funny I'm watching the amount sold on eBay Decrease

rated:
Back in stock at BB.com just placed an order for the heck of it

rated:
cmacclel said:   Back in stock at BB.com just placed an order for the heck of it
  I've placed ONE order too. I have couple friends who are placing multiple (separate) orders - in hope that each order will earn $50 credit

rated:
Someone's getting fired

rated:
Xenocrates said:   Also the breadcrumbs for the link says 1070 and if you click that breadcrumb link you get this page.

http://www.ebay.com/p/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-founders-edition-8... 

Basically the title is wrong on the 1070 page. Not trying to rain on any parades but I think you will get the order but it will be a 1070. Might get lucky if the person in the warehouse picks up a 1080 from looking at the name and not some sku or barcode.

There are more details that show it's a 1080 than 1070.  If you look at the specs in the details, it shows the correct model:
Model Number: 9001G4132500001
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Product Name: Founders Edition GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

So, it will be interesting to see what ships.

rated:
can't find it on the website anymore. I think the error has been corrected.

edit: actually found it but it says Sold Out. Maybe this is an upcoming Black Friday / Cyber Monday special?

rated:
TrueKnight said:   can't find it on the website anymore. I think the error has been corrected.
  Looks like that - they corrected it. But I remember it coming back in stock earlier even after correction lol. you never know.. I hear when you go for pickup they pull 1070 - but 90% end up honoring 1080

rated:
My order now says not in stock at the store I selected for pickup.

EDIT it now says preparing......LOL

READY TO BE PICKED UP.....

EDIT just got a call from the store saying it's a mistake and that I can pickup a 1070 or cancel the order.

rated:
My order was delivered it is 1080. The big question is what to do with it?

rated:
shortcut said:   My order was delivered it is 1080. The big question is what to do with it?
Did you order from Bb.com or eBay?

rated:
I ordered from eBay, it arrived, it's a 1070. The order invoice shows 1080 all over, including UPC. So I guess I am going to BB and see what happens.

rated:
Ha, already a few negative feedback on eBay for the 1080 fiasco. Even if all 1300 people do that it will only lower their rating .25 percent.

rated:
I doubt anyone is subscribed to this, but I went to BB last night and they did the exchange! So if anyone still has a 1070, try your local BB....but make sure they have one in stock, only one of my locations had it.

Good luck! And thanks OP!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016